Spanish Mortgages - high set up costs?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by janetw Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We are buying a property at Vinas del Golf (Nr Estepona) due for completion at the end of April this year.

Can anyone recommend a good mortgage broker/bank (that speak English) as the broker we have spoken to so far has quoted very high additional costs/fees.

Has anyone used a UK mortgage lender for a Euro mortgage successfully to save on these seemingly high set up costs?

We would welcome any advice you can give us.

Janet and David Watson

Like 0      
14 Jan 2007 8:15 PM by Captain007 Star rating. 79 posts Send private message

Try patrick robinson at marbella mortgages. He certainly knows a thing or two about mortgages.

patrick@marbellamortgages.com

Like 0      
14 Jan 2007 9:08 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Hi Janet,

I met up with Patrick Robinson (Smiley) a couple of times over Christmas in Marbella. He's absolutely genuine and a consumate professional, one of those rare jewels on the Costa Del Sol! He has a wealth of knowledge about the mortgage market and he shares his information freely. You will see his name pop up all over the eyeonspain forums and he deserves much praise from all of us amateurs for his valuable contributions..........Good Luck

Mike

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 11:24 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Patrick (AKA Smiley) has an excellent reputation on this forum so would definitely recommend him ourselves.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 11:44 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Janet it is impossible to raise a mortgage in the UK on a property located in Spain as the lender cannot secure on it. It is possible to raise finance in Gibraltar for Spanish property purchase but as they have to follow a different legal procdure you alos incur their legal expenses - to be honest invariably the Gib lenders products would not satisfy most people and usually are only a worthwhile consideration if a client wants to set up an offshore company structure.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 11:47 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Mike just noticed your post - gosh I have gone red (having met me you know thats bo**ox) nevertheless praise from you  is praise indeed - I remember many moons ago that first e mail you sent me........ promise thats the last time I will mention it. LOve to Nina and Veronica - hope you had a safe trip back.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Wills - 4 posts
Interesting website.. Professional pilots chatting to each other. - 13 posts
security grills - 11 posts
water boilers - 12 posts
Easyjet £5 extra APD Tax - 40 posts
EURO RATE - 15 posts
Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Made Easy! - 0 posts
Flying to Gib with Gib Air - 20 posts
VERY DISTESSED PROPERTY SALE BEFORE FEB! - 0 posts
We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for - 5 posts
BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x