security grills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by claref Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi my husband and I have just bought a property in the Alicante area and are wondering roughly how much we should expect to pay for security grills. We have bought a standard 2 bed apartment any rough idea of were the best place to buy and cost would be would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
13 Jan 2007 11:40 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello Clarif

We had gates & grilles on our 2 bed apartment in Playa Flamenca, south of Torreveija. We paid 726€, this was for; front door gate, sliding double glazed windows in our galleria, gates on the patio doors and grille on one bedroom window.

We had a Spanish man called Paco who worked for Parador. (I think he may have been one of the owners Son's)

That was in Nov 2003 so prices may have risen since then.

Hope this helps........

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Jan 2007 8:19 PM by claref Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby

Thanks very much for the information, we will find this really useful.

Cheers

Claref

Like 0      
13 Jan 2007 8:32 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Claref,  we have a two bedroomed apartment in a small Spanish village we paid 800€ for the front door grill everything else was done, that was a Spanish co in the village, we did try a couple of English companies but they wanted 700€ more hope this helps hence sometimes better to go with the Spanish. Fibby shows you how much things have gone up. Regards Pat

Like 0      
18 Jan 2007 9:17 PM by claref Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi Pat

Thanks for the help. It is good to get advice about Spanish builders etc. We are going over in Feb so I will Look around the local area.

Thanks
Clare

Like 0      
18 Jan 2007 9:45 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 3/19/2007.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 12:55 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Think so Brian - got an idea there is something about this on another thread along with solar panels

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 10:25 AM by blanchy Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I don't know if this makes any sense to you lot, but I asked that very question to the After Sales people at Parador, and the reply was as follows:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Blanchard,

Thank you for your e-mail which Paul kindly forwarded to me.

It is not compulsory for first floor windows to be fitted with grilles.  When residents start moving in at the Country Club the committee, together with the residents, will decide which type of grilles will be used.  Huma want the site to look uniform.

If you wish I can pass your contact details to my colleagues in our Parador Choice department.  They will be able to issue you with a quotation for grilles.  A return e-mail would be fine.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards from Torrevieja,

Denise

Hope this clears things up, but I doubt it very much!!!!

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 1:06 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 3/19/2007.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 12:07 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

You are probably right and the law probably doesnt state they are to fit them for free so might add it on the price to be paid at completion - sure they will find some way to upset people.  

I am sure it is the law now though - sure I have seen it somewhere else in paper format (and not the Sun or Sunday Sport) so it must be true.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 12:28 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
May be this is a new law, but it won't stop the robbers.
In our apartments, the robbers just tied ropes to the grilles, tied the ropes to their truck and ripped the grilles out of the wall, then proceeded to rob the apatment.
And this was in daylight!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Jan 2007 12:41 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Keep telling everyone the rejas arent for security - they are to stop the daughter of the family being raped by the local slag!!!! At least thats what they used to be for - probably wont protect them either. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

water boilers - 12 posts
Easyjet £5 extra APD Tax - 40 posts
EURO RATE - 15 posts
Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Made Easy! - 0 posts
Flying to Gib with Gib Air - 20 posts
VERY DISTESSED PROPERTY SALE BEFORE FEB! - 0 posts
We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for - 5 posts
BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x