Interesting website.. Professional pilots chatting to each other.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 1:32 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Sorry Jeans Sis, is there anything in particular on this link we should be looking at? (or am I being stoopid !! dont answer that :-)  )

rgds hobby

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 2:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 3:34 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Cheers JeansSis, glad you made your flight in time. Have they resurfaced the runway now, I remember seeing all the airlines were boycotting bristol until it was sorted but nothing since (although must admit I do just scan through the papers half the time!). Do you have an alternative airport if they havent done it by the time youre due out again - cant have you missing all the fun in espania!

rgds hobby

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 4:02 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 4:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 4:25 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Hi Jeans Sis, dont suppose justin minds seeing what he shouldnt ( the mind boggles!), due out again in feb hopefully for some golf. Our location is easiest described as being near the Selwo safari park, dont know if youre familiar with it.

Smiley that reminds me, need to get back to you re the electrician we discussed, will he be available do you think in feb?

cheers hobby

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 4:35 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Jan 2007 11:43 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Hobby he might be depends on when you over and for how long - actually the guy i was using has been very ill - having serious headaches that just wouldnt go away - eventually went to Doctor who took his BP and almost went into shock - told him to lie down IMMEDIATELY - Doc has told him he must not work and has been prevented from doing some work for me that I needed - serious serious problems - he has put me in touch with a mate but he has had to go hands off until his BP is back down - Doc thought he was gonna keel in the surgery. Either mail me to the address or PM when you are coming and will see if I can get this other guy to help you out - would it help if I got his number for you - havent met him personally but the Fuehrer has and she says he seems very professional but as yet he hasnt done any work for us but we have about 20 lights waiting in the garage for him to install and a shedload of powerpoints to shift in the kitchen plus extractors for bathrooms, pool lights - gosh this is becoming like that post fromthe bloke selling his electrical goods! If you are over when I have him booked in to do work for me then you are second!! Keep a weather eye on the forecast for Feb - cant remember if we discussed Feb weather here but its the worst - almost like an English summers day - rain of Biblical proportions - tunnels under the 340 impassable - dont know if you know the one at Guadalmina but mate of mine in his Merc couple of years back got picked up and car turned over going through the tunnel there - scary - 3 Beemers in Banus up to their roofs under water at the tunnels into Banus!! Bring your waterproofs if feb is true to form.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
18 Jan 2007 1:32 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Ha ha smiley, you certanly paint a glowing picture of spain in February - really looking forward to coming over!!! Seriously though, very sorry to hear about your guy, does sound pretty bad, has he taken on too much because he's so good and pushing himself ? I'll PM you with my dates for feb, dont want to clog up the board with our chat! Be in touch soon when I've finalised dates - oh and happy belated new year to you,

regds hobby

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 12:42 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

19 Jan 2007 6:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Janice, I know you like a joke, so here's some pilot/control tower exchanges, supposedly genuine!

Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"

Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"

**************************************************************************************************
Tower: "TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"

****************************************************************************************************
O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."

United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

******************************! ******** *************************************************** *************

A student became lost during a solo cross-country flight. While attempting to locate the aircraft on radar, ATC asked, "What was your last known position?"

Student: "When I was number one for takeoff"

*****************************************************************************************************
A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down.

San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."

***************************************************************************************************

A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich, overheard the following: Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"

Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."

Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I spea k English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war!"

*******************************************************************************************************
Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"

Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."

Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"

BR Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."

********************************************************************************************************
One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee. Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?"

The Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with a real zinger: "I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have enough parts for another one."

*******************************************************************************************************
The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."

Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop. Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."

Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, -- I was dropping things and didn't land."

****************************************************************************************************** While taxiing at London's Gatwick Airport, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going? I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!"

Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?"

"Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded.

Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit around Gatwick was definitely running high. Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking:

"Wasn't I married to you once?"

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 8:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
19 Jan 2007 11:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Particularly like the on eabout Contninental caterers (if you have flown them no doubt you know what I mean) and also Frankfurt - I have one somewhere in a similar vein about a US destroyer or cruiser in contact with an Irish lighthouse - mus try and find it to post. Brilliant!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

security grills - 11 posts
water boilers - 12 posts
Easyjet £5 extra APD Tax - 40 posts
EURO RATE - 15 posts
Compleaños Feliz Justin - 6 posts
mark & karen - 2 posts
Happy 33rd Birthday Justin! - 0 posts
RyanAir 2 for 1 offer - 1 posts
***RATE ALERT!*** - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
Free Web Sites - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Message from Debbie Muirhead - 3 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Is Simple! - 0 posts
Foreign Exchange Made Easy! - 0 posts
Flying to Gib with Gib Air - 20 posts
VERY DISTESSED PROPERTY SALE BEFORE FEB! - 0 posts
We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for - 5 posts
BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x