specsavers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2011 11:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I was recommended to Specsavers in Fuengirola by a friend who had an optician business in UK.

When the specs, bifocals, were delivered I found that when I looked down flat surfaces appeared to slope,  Specsavers said that was normal !   Also the reaction to sunlight was not very good and did not work when I was driving.  Specsavers said they were fine but they would not work 'behind' a windscreen.  My wife's 'cheap' glasses from the Philippines work fine and go very dark, even in a car.

A couple of weeks after getting my specs I had an appointment at CARE (Spanish National Health Service).  They gave me a prescription for the specs I needed.  I took it another optician and asked how the prescription compared with my Specsavers ones. They said, "Not bad but you have probably had these for a couple of years."   "NO a couple of weeks."   "Take them back."

Specsavers eventually agreed to replace their specs.  I decided to have the second 'free' pair permanently dark (bifocal sunglasses).   Surprise surprise.  Both the new ones did not make level surfaces appear to slope.

On the point about FREE CHECK UPS.-

First, nothing in life is free.  The customers who buy glasses pay for all the 'free tests.' 

Also one poster here said they  'cheat'  the optician and get a prescription which they then get made up in UK. Well who can blame the opticians charging for tests if they are being cheated !  I expect the Spanish optician don't charge (up front) because in general their customers are Spanish, and honest.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 02/08/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What Tog Duvet ? - 7 posts
How much to renew a British Passport? - 9 posts
When is Completion? - 12 posts
Just to say hello, it's nice in spain! - 14 posts
The Big House - 2 posts
Receipts & Invoices for the UK taxman - 4 posts
What "official" things to do on next visit to Spain - 6 posts
What's the rental market like in the Marbella/Puerto Banus/Calahonda areas? - 10 posts
Problems with electricity - 26 posts
money leaving my account without my permission - 7 posts
Anyone recommend independent solicitor? - 12 posts
HELP!! SINGLE MUM PLANNING TO MOVE TO SPAIN - 11 posts
Wanted long term let in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Compulsary Solar Panels on New Builds and Renovations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 8 posts
Licence Notice - 0 posts
Inheritance tax, does anyone know this company? - 7 posts
Birthday? - 4 posts
Not Justin's birthday AGAIN, is it ? - 8 posts
MASA ...unrepentant after illegally selling house twice - 4 posts
Small steps...but things move forward - 9 posts
Easyjet Sale - 4 posts
I need properties in Elviria for holiday rentals - 0 posts
aldea beach 1 & 11 - 0 posts
Patio/Garden Furniture Required - 0 posts
Please welcome Cliffyrmd - 41 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x