HELP!! SINGLE MUM PLANNING TO MOVE TO SPAIN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

Hi every one. I am jackie and a single mum of 3 kids. 11,9 and 7 and i have plans to move to spain.

i have a property in uk that has equity in the region of 100k. I work part time in an unskilled job. I am a registered under payed homehelp, but love the job. My ex husband pays approx £600 a month for kids. I so struggle with all that goes with a house here, have been told by local council that i can not get any help all the time i "own my own house" and that my best bet is to sell up and rent but then would not get alot of help as father pays.

So i get to thinking, do i sell up and blow my money in a country that will not help me or my children, or move out to spain and be quite happy to work for a living and pay into the community.

However I do worry about getting a job but feel that with the dads money and keeping equity. Would have to rent for quite a while but have no probs with that.

Am i Mad???? LOL

Jackie

Like 0      
12 Jan 2008 8:16 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

BUT..................do all the reading ( start with this forum ! ), talk to the kids, make sure that the money will keep coming in,

THEN, if it's what you really want to do.............................give it a go..............you only live once!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
12 Jan 2008 8:22 PM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

hi karensun,

am trying to read as much as i can. lol. Kids all very excited, want it too happen today. have nothing left here. But at same time need to hear from people. Many thanks for responding.

jackie

Like 0      
12 Jan 2008 9:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jackie

I echo Karen's advice. This forum has so much information in it & you'll also make friends along the way. I have made lots & Karen is one of them. We share a common bond & that is to help in any way possible so don't go off as some do, stay & chat.

Have you an area of Spain you favour ? Tell us more.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 4:50 PM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

hello morerosado and karensun, have not been on forum for a couple of weeks, kids off school ill.

Have decided that i am looking at the costa blanca to move to. Will have to be just outside benidorm for a while as that is where i  will have to look for work for starters. And hope to do a long term rental.

Hope to hear from anybody soon. lol.

Jackie

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 5:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Jackie again, good 2CU back. I've just been looking at a forum for Benidorm but after I looked into it more there wasn't anything on it. I thought I'd found a gem for you when I saw "Benidorm jobs" but no one had posted.   Might be worth you registering here though, I don't know (another one) >> http://www.around-benidorm.com/Benidorm-Forums.html I cannot enter as I haven't registered & it's

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:05 PM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

hi morerosado,

took a look at that site. Had to blink a few times as it was abit difficult to read. lol. But it is more for those young ones who just want summer work and no kids. But thanks for taking time out to look for me. Can anyone tell me if there is such a thing as after school club in spain?

jackie

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Welcome... but just a piece of advice: take you steps carefully and ensure the kids will adapt themselves to the country.

Good luck!
Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:33 PM by snoozey Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Jacks

How does the father feel you taking his three kids off to a foreign country. He must think something of them to pay you £600 per month towards there up bringing.

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:36 PM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

hi maria,

thanks for your post. I have talked to the kids in depth about it. They are very laid back kids. Also I have no parents now or other family. The children will continue to see there dad which only works out to be 2 days a month. I think the 11yr old will find it tough 1st of all but will settle I think.

jackie

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:39 PM by jacks Star rating in fareham. 6 posts Send private message

hi snoozey,

we have talked about it and he understands why i need to do it and is fully supportive. it's not as if it takes days to get too. He is navy so that amount is what he has too pay.

jackie

Like 0      
24 Jan 2008 6:47 PM by snoozey Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Thats good then. I hope everything works out well for you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted long term let in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Compulsary Solar Panels on New Builds and Renovations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 8 posts
Licence Notice - 0 posts
Inheritance tax, does anyone know this company? - 7 posts
Birthday? - 4 posts
Not Justin's birthday AGAIN, is it ? - 8 posts
MASA ...unrepentant after illegally selling house twice - 4 posts
Small steps...but things move forward - 9 posts
Easyjet Sale - 4 posts
I need properties in Elviria for holiday rentals - 0 posts
aldea beach 1 & 11 - 0 posts
Patio/Garden Furniture Required - 0 posts
Please welcome Cliffyrmd - 41 posts
10 year guarantee - 1 posts
Novo Arcos Town Houses - 3 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
Looking fro long term rental - 1 posts
Home demolished in Vera - 357 posts
Wanted 1,2 & 3 bed properties for long term rent in the Duquesa Area - 1 posts
Market St. restaurant, San Miguel, CB - 2 posts
Dona Isabel's, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP OUR ADMINISTRATOR HAS RESIGNED JUST BEFORE OUR AGM - 3 posts
Disney in Spain - 13 posts
Passport length - 9 posts
hola everybody - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x