Licence Notice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by salkirwi Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi every one

I would appreciate any advice with my problem. 

I bought a land north off Valencia in a well developed and legal area.  I engaged Spanish architect who completed our design (I am structural engineer and have done the initial design) and applied for the building licence from the local town hall.  We obtained the licence and building started in August 2006.   The construction of the house was going fine until there was a local election last May and a change of political party.   A new councillor started making it difficult for to progress the work.   We asked around from our Spanish friends who sniffed around and came back to tell us that she has her own agenda to achieve.   She wants to sort out some of her political opponents internally, plus possibly others aims which she has not yet revealed.   Unfortunately we are now coat in her claws.   She is using our house as a tool to get rid of the Town Hall chief architect, who was in charge when the licence was issued and he is from the opposite party.  Initially she started coming to site and telling us we were building wrong and thenshe made the Town Hall served a notice to stop the work.   In the notice they claime there are four mistakes in our building and they listed them.

Our building is exactly as per the drawings of the licence.  Also, whatever they are claiming are clearly indicated in the drawings and they have approved them and we build as shown in the approved drawings.   We ask the Town Hall whether the licence is wrong or we diverted from the drawings of the licence?   They do not answer.  They tell us to demolish.   It is clear to us now is not the building the issue but other hidden matters.

We have been talking to a solicitor who checked every things and he is of the same opinion as us.   He assured us that  all our paper work is sound.

It seems there is only one way forward and that is to go to court and here I would appreciate some help.    I feel our course of action should be:

I feel our course of action should be:

1. Take the Town Hall to a special court who deals with building and building licences to release the work.
  2. To halt the councillor’s mission, I feel, we should sue the Town Hall for discrimination (because we are not Spanish) and this could be easily proven by just comparing our house with what is being build around us.

Your thoughts and advise please?

Many thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Inheritance tax, does anyone know this company? - 7 posts
Birthday? - 4 posts
Not Justin's birthday AGAIN, is it ? - 8 posts
MASA ...unrepentant after illegally selling house twice - 4 posts
Small steps...but things move forward - 9 posts
Easyjet Sale - 4 posts
I need properties in Elviria for holiday rentals - 0 posts
aldea beach 1 & 11 - 0 posts
Patio/Garden Furniture Required - 0 posts
Please welcome Cliffyrmd - 41 posts
10 year guarantee - 1 posts
Novo Arcos Town Houses - 3 posts
Wanted - 0 posts
Looking fro long term rental - 1 posts
Home demolished in Vera - 357 posts
Wanted 1,2 & 3 bed properties for long term rent in the Duquesa Area - 1 posts
Market St. restaurant, San Miguel, CB - 2 posts
Dona Isabel's, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
PLEASE HELP OUR ADMINISTRATOR HAS RESIGNED JUST BEFORE OUR AGM - 3 posts
Disney in Spain - 13 posts
Passport length - 9 posts
hola everybody - 2 posts
San Blas Tenerife - 1 posts
Andalucian Delegation Association for the Defence of Home Owners - 0 posts
3 bed - long term rental required. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x