Any recommendations for eating places in Mojacar/Turre/Garrucha/Los Gallardos ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by DaveAilsa Star rating in Tallentire, UK, Los .... 101 posts Send private message

Hi,
Does anyone have favourite places in the above area ? 

Regards
Dave

Like 0      
31 Dec 2007 11:08 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Dave

If you would like to PM me with your email address, I sat here last night & typed up a list of about 15 restaurants all in that area, so your timing is just right!

Where abouts is your property? We were in Los Gallardos on Saturday at Eco Muebles.

We completed on Al Andalus Thalassa in October & have just had a great 10 days there.

Noreen

This message was last edited by nfm2862 on 12/31/2007.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 1:16 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

The Argentina steak house in Mojacar playa is very good, the steak is to die for, but if you want to be different try the leg of lamb, I did eat it all to myself but really there is plenty for 2, for lunch try NEPtune on the beach in mojacar going towards Garrucha, I have been informed by Shea, the host with the most that he is back open in Feb, they do great fish and wild boar all at reasonable prices. They even have Sardines in the fire pit!

Like 0      
08 Jan 2008 11:20 PM by Bugsy Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I'll just go with SJ the places he has reccomended are our favorite places from the sardines to the argintinian steak house there is lots of great places to eat including the chinese and indian resturants.Lets us know what you liked the best.Regards Bugsy.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2008 8:24 PM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Bugsy, Sorry forgot to mention that the best chinese is the one near Price Brown estate agents, opposite the beach near The Shamrock. I've lived in Hong Kong and always used to eat in downtown Kowloon but in Mojacar they do the best crispy duck!!!! Happy eating!!!!

Like 0      
10 Jan 2008 10:47 AM by Marky Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Hi

Hotel Tikar in Garrucha, privately run small hotel with fab restaurant, (does a 3 course ,eat for approx 25 euros but it is exceptional!!)

Lovely food cooked by Beatrice & great service by Sean ( the owners)

We never visit without going there!!

Hope you enjoy it

Bye

Jill

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 12:07 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

If you like baked shoulder of lamb that melts in your mouth, try the Miramar at Bedar (€18.50 for two and it usually is enough for three).  Stunning views down to the sea from the terrace at lunchtime.  Best Patatas a lo pobre in the world, also the sea food soup and the prawn cocktail.  Rather eccentric seating arrangements on terrace - they have bought new seats but still have the old selection of wooden tables.  Once you have been you have to go back OFTEN.

On the Playa, agree with Coast about the Chinese near Price Brown.

For real Spanish on the beach try Omega (nearly opposite Titos) and Aku Aku chiringuito in the chiringuito strip.  For more international Viva is a must - in the square just before the hotel Puntazo.  The menu has a lot of rather silly names but don't be put off - the food is great and well priced.

For fish in Garrucha, when they are open the chiringuito just before you turn down to the paseo - the one with the green and cream umbrellas that only opens in peak summer - is hard to beat. Doesn't seem to have a name.  Feels as though you are eating in a boat as it is built out onto the rocks.  Catch of day on the blackboard, limited menu of just wonderful tomato salad with garlic and oil, ciabatta rolls, choice of fish.  Prices look high but portions are enormous  - do as the Spanish, share a salad and a fish and it will be plenty and reasonably priced.  Always packed out with Spanish in the season so go at an English eating time to get in rather than waiting for the crowds after 2pm.

Finally if you are in Los Gallardos we hear there is a great new Spanish place just round the corner from Eco Mueble - can't remember the name.

PM me if you want to know where NOT to go to waste your money if time is limited!!

¡Buen provecho!

Jane

This message was last edited by jane b on 2/22/2008.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 10:36 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

if you fancy a trip out to Valle Del Este golf complex,(from Mojacar, take the road towards Puerto Rey and when you go down the hill there is a turning on the left that you are not allowed to turn left into>>>follow that road to the end and you will find  Fairways Restaurant. Terrific Food (the meat balls wrapped in bacon is my favorite starter) (the Stroganoff never lets my wife down) the staff are fun but watch out for the polish vodka..... i can eat there for a week and not get bored.

good luck

simon

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:41 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

We can certainly recommend the Restaurant Azul at the Hotel Tikar in Garrucha.  3 courses for 25E, great choice of starters, mains and desserts.  Excellent food, great service!

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:43 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Sorry, can you remind me where abouts the Hotel Tikar is please.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:43 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Sorry, can you remind me where abouts the Hotel Tikar is please.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:46 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

The Mauri Beach Bar in Mojacar is excellent too for lunch and dinner.   The house salad is lovely if you want something healthy(er) and a good variety of other dishes ie seafood, steaks etc.  Great position overlooking or on the beach.   Both are well worth a visit.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:49 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

If you leave Garrucha on the main road to Vera Playa, the Mercadona is on your right hand side,  its situated a bit further up on the left.   I would have driven past it but we were taken there by a friend and we had a great time.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 4:51 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Great, thanks

I have a trip a week on saturday for 5 days and will be on my own this time so will give it a try...  thanks

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 6:42 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

All the following have been tried & tested. Great food, value for money & know how to treat their customers. Enjoy!

Noreen

La Cabana – Paseo del Mediterraneo, Mojacar Excellent Argentinian Steak House at the far end of Mojacar seafront. The Steaks are incredible but they have very little else on the menu.

Da Vinci, Paseo del Mediterraneo, Mojacar -Italian restaurant with extensive range of pasta dishes. Excellent food, nice surroundings & pleasant staff. Haven’t needed to book but the first few times we drove past, we thought it was closed but it wasn’t – so make sure you stop & check.

El Birra – Paseo del Mediterraneo, Garrucha - Fish, Fish & more Fish. A fabulous display of the days catch from which you can choose your meal. The Paella is excellent. This is where the Spaniards eat

Pizzeria Tito Paco, Avda Almeria, Turre - So much more than a Pizzeria. Excellent food, reasonably priced & great staff  

La Capilla, Carretera Garrucha, Turre - This is a former Monastery situated on the main road from Vera Playa towards Mojacar & Los Gallardos. It is on the left hand side just after the petrol station. Slightly more expensive than others but very good food – watch out for the whole shoulder of lamb!!! The setting here is fabulous & would be ideal for a special meal for a birthday or anniversary.

Wok Buffet, Centro Comercial Hispania, Vera Playa (Above Consum) - All you can eat Chinese Buffet for 9.50 euros. This is good value but the best part is where you pick your meat, fish, vegetables & take them to the chef to cook in the sauce of your choice.

El Mar, La Mar, Villaricos - This restaurant is on the main road towards Villaricos, on the left hand side, just past the “tower” on the right. It is a real gem. The food is fantastic & the setting is wonderful. The staff are very attentive & the prices are very reasonable. Extensive menu covering English & Spanish dishes, with many fish options as well.

Of all the restaurants that we have visited, this one is probably the best.

Casa Adelina, Turre - Traditional Spanish food.

El Balconcito, Villaricos - This small café/bar offers superb value menu del dia, tapas & paella. Carmen the owner is a real character. Look out for special themed events, jazz nights, quiz nights etc.

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 6:57 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Excellent - thanks Noreen.  Will be sure to give them a try!

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 2:00 PM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

While I agree that Restaurant Azul has great food there are a couple of things to watch out for:  the menu price is exclusive of  IVA  (VAT) (why? as far as I know it is compulsory to pay it so the price should include it) and the wine list is a bit fancy (I hesitate to say pretentious but heading that way!) and expensive by local standards, with no good value option.  No excuse for this, you can get a really drinkable bottle of wine for €10 in most restaurants locally and even the most expensive ones offer something around €15.  I know these prices may seem cheap by UK eating-out standards but around here we would consider that a lot.

We have now tried the restaurant in Los Gallardos whose name I could not remember for my previous post:  Mezon Vefran.  It was excellent:   best calamares EVER although not strictly speaking a fish place, and superb shoulder of lamb - enough for 2 for €16.50.  We decided it was more mutton than lamb but all the better for it - lots of flavour.

If you like steak, the Cortijo Albari which can be reached either from the Vera - Garrucha road or from by turning left at Intermarche and left again following the sign about 100 metres up, has really good Argentinian ones.  It tends to be a bit quiet off season on week nights, and closing day is Weds.  Their steaks are very large and if you are not planning on a doggy bag they are happy for you to share.

¡Buen Provecho!

This message was last edited by jane b on 4/9/2008.

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 2:08 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Agu's Bar and Restaurant in Vera (near to Intermarché) is fabulous. The meat is fresh and is priced per kilo, so you can as much or as little of it as you want. The cheesecake for dessert is to die for.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 5:32 PM by bfl Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

wok buffet  vera playa  9.5 euro plus free bottle of wine when you leave and go on amonday as theres a live music on same price menu there was two guys with guitars when we were out in october will go back when we are back in july

Like 0      
18 Apr 2008 9:55 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
I also have tried the Cortijo Albari and what a fantastic steak, was a bit quiet in Feb but would imagine a good buz in season. i had a couple of bottles of wine that were not over piced (but not cheap) that were fantastic. would eat here over the Argentinian in Mojacar any day.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Happy New Year - 11 posts
Christmas in San Cayetano - 4 posts
Importing a UK car to Spain - 13 posts
Litani B&B near Pinoso - 3 posts
Hello from Lancashire, soon to be Pinoso :-) - 2 posts
Boats - 13 posts
Diesel in spain - 12 posts
Tapas Bar - 0 posts
Golf shops - 3 posts
ADSL in La Drova - 0 posts
NEW YEAR - 0 posts
completion costs (mortgage) - 4 posts
Healthcare and civil partnerships - 1 posts
PLAYING GOLF ON LA TORRE - 0 posts
Pleased to meet you! - 0 posts
search all cheap flights at once - 8 posts
The Queen Victoria - 0 posts
Merry Christmas - 0 posts
Thanks to Maria de Castro - 2 posts
Our Christmas hasn't started on a good note. - 5 posts
What's your favourite Christmas Song? - 10 posts
I'm new to eye on spain need some advice/information ? - 1 posts
The rain in Spain - 17 posts
Is it my imagination? - 25 posts
Loteria de Navidad - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x