Gutted!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi all,

Have been a little poorly lately so i have been missing from the forum,it seems like half of Guardamar has the Flu at the minute and i am not one to be left out have decided to follow suit.

Anyway,last night i thought i would cheer myself up slightly so instead of the usual trip to the bar to watch the footie i stayed at home.(Basically because my wife uses the same tactics as my mum used to,if you are too ill to go to school you are too ill to go out and play with your mates!)

Today thanks to that bunch of overpayed,overated,gutless,passionless bunch of muppets that call themself an England team i am even more depressed.

Three lions!!!! My arse!!!! more like 1.5 pussy cats.

As an Englishman already devoid of any passion for most things i left behind i watched my last bastion of Pride dissapear without trace.

I now have a summer of discontent to look forward to next year without England to cheer and then as usual dissapoint,i have been denied the chance to have the illusion that this once great nation and inventor of the game will maybe win something for once.

The choice i am left with now is Italy(my wifes team) or Spain(my adopted country).

Last night the last essence of any pride slipped away.

Needed to get that off my chest!!! back to drown my sorrows with a lemsip!!!

Georgia

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 12:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Georgia

I was chatting on messenger with Em last night as her hubby & his son were watching the game in Scarborough & my hubby was watching the game in Somerset. She could hear her hubby & I could hear mine, not the best of evenings, was it ?

Sorry you still aren't well. Funny though how mens ideas of having flu is very different to womens.  

So Spain or Italy, choose the one who keeps winning as I tell hubby when his fave team, Notts Forest go down the tables !

I put lots of footie badges for members to use as their avatar

Take care, don't overdose on those Lemsips. See you soon. Lorra love x

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 1:22 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

That's it,changed my avatar,they didnt have the Spanish national one so i have gone with Valencia and i am now officially ex-communicated from England,they cant say they didn't have a chance and now my loyalty is exhausted.

Club sides are different than national sides,its ok to support someone if they are rubbish as long as they try now and again(ask chris,he will understand being a Forest fan).

The two things the fairer sex will never understand 1.Football and 2.Man Flu.

Yes it can be the end of the world when we lose and yes we do needa life support team on constant stand by when we are poorly!

I am off to buy a Spanish shirt for next summer(decision made)

Georgia

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 2:03 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Dont bother - Italy will get there for sure!

Last euro final I had the choice of teams, England (half british and born there so 1st choice) then Spain - live here, Italy and France (gradmamma) then of course who won??? Greece - and yup, Im quarter Greek (no rude noises please, we have all read the ads!) from my Dads side

So, all in all a brill cup for me!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 3:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

That's cheating,you haven't got a heinze 57 label stuck anywhere have you?

I had an American Grandfather but they are no good at "Soccer" as they love to call it.

I hate to say it but if only the Footballers seemeed to have the passion of the Rugby team!?

It's not the footballers fault really it's the "nanny state" they are swamped in.

They were probably advised not to tackle anyone from Croatia as it is not PC and we wouldn't want to alienate other races.

Pah 

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 3:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
From me to the England team!!!!!

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 3:59 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

As it happens I think I do have a sticky patch somewhere!!!!!!!

Certainly helps as yes the England team have always been nancies, cept when they won in the year celebrating my birth!!! (given THAT game away now!)

The rugger team are certainly the heroes, always have been and never shy away or dive or fanny around! Proper game that is!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 4:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I can't remember England winning anything in the 1940's.....

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 4:19 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You've given away my secret!!!!!!

Beasty Boy!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 5:04 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Apart from Georgia, Rixxy, Smiley & Uncle Tom Cobbley, anyone else get paid to post on forums, I could do with a job.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 5:13 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

Look on the bright side Georgia - At least we won't go out in the 1/4 finals on penalties!

Again!

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 5:34 PM by crooksy Star rating in Suffolk. 18 posts Send private message

Hiya mate, Rich' here, your spot on what an embarrassment. the F.A. will get a better manager than McClanger but I doubt the players will perform for anyone, all they care about is their club football. So once again this country lets us down and the footie was really the only thing left to care about ,so stuff it all. England will never break my heart again. Come on Spain.

Hope you recover from your ailments soon, I can sympathise, man flu is awful and probably worse than childbirth too!

Don't take this the wrong way but I can't wait to see you again!

Cheers,

Rich'.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 5:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Again EVER by the looks of it!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 8:43 PM by Troythecat Star rating in Stirlingshire, soon .... 72 posts Send private message

Troythecat´s avatar
oh well Georgia! Try and keep some of that loyalty for the home internationals they are trying to organise for next year....when Scotland beats England then you can call it a day!    

Like 0      
22 Nov 2007 9:56 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

I would hazard a guess and say that there will be no decision on home internationals until after a new manager has been appointed!

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 2:16 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Will THIS go a long way to helping you forget the game's outcome ? Georgia, get one for next time I pop into your office.

MySpace Comments - Drinking, Beer and Alcohol
MySpace Layouts - Drinking, Beer and Alcohol
Free Comments & Graphics

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 9:53 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More-The chiller looks great could have done with that wed night.

Hi Rich-Thought you would be gutted too mate,make sure you are here for next summer,we can be Ricardo and Juan!!!

Hi Troy-are you trying to rub salt in the wounds??? if that ever happens again you wont have to steal the goalposts again i will personally DHL them to you.I think the reason Scotland did well in the qualifiers is that they seem to have more passion than the English,i suppose that pretty much goes acrosss the board too!!(oooh that hurts to say)

Hi Pooley-very true at least there will be no penalty heartache this time!

I watched the TV this morning and they were broadcasting from the statue of Moore,Hurst etc. Holding aloft the World cup at Upton park,i am sure the statues were bowing their heads!!!

Anyway this feeling will probably wear off soon and i suppose we have got the world cup to look forward to and not qualifying for that either!.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 10:52 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
Just heard on radio Scotland, Wales, N Ireland and Ireland are to play in a "Celtic Cup" next year no mention of England as yet.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 11:19 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
D'you reckon England can win if they play by themselves??

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 1:37 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
probably not!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Public transport to airports - 6 posts
Money Back - 1 posts
snagging list not required before purchase??? - 3 posts
Manzanares golf course - 1 posts
Upset at Manilva Beach - 4 posts
currencey exchange - 20 posts
Police Denuncia Form pdf file. (Translated into English too.) - 2 posts
Guide to Duquesa - 10 posts
Hyundai accent, 1.3, - 0 posts
the new cheese shop in san miguel - 7 posts
FOOTIE AVATARS - 4 posts
Recommended agents -thinking of selling in Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
Euromarina Properties - 3 posts
The cheese board in san miguel? - 2 posts
Agua Mediterraneo 9 - Torrevieja- Anybody know it??? - 1 posts
Rental in Costa Calida short or long term - 2 posts
Got our money back!!! - 10 posts
Buying on Entre Naranjos - 13 posts
Las Kalendas,Fortuna - 8 posts
Keen anglers - 0 posts
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas - 10 posts
moving to spain in 2008 - 1 posts
christmas dinner - 2 posts
Shortish Term Rental in Spain - 0 posts
Land Registry Fees - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x