Got our money back!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2007 12:00 AM by Marianne Cowan Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi all!!! Today we got our money back!!!

Me and my husband bought 2 years ago an apartment off-plan in Duquesa (near Marbella) and some months ago the developer told us that our apartment was going to be delayed, by another year!

As you can imagine we were a bit annoyed and after talking to our family we decided to pull out. 

** EDITED ** Commercial comment

Good luck and all the best!!!

Paul and Marianne

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 11/21/2007.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 1:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Paul & Marianne &  EOS

That is great news.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2007 6:16 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Always good hear when someone gets their money back when the delay is too long

Not all developers are late and of course there are new ready now properties available but like all purchase in EU you have to be selective

This applies in CDS but if you are still interested why not look at Costa Blanca Calida or Almeria....near Aguilas you can get a nice villa for the money you would  pay for an apartment in CDS

Eg 2 bed 2 bath villa in 400m2 plot from 178.000 € about 25 mins inland but still close to all facilities

Or 2 bed apartment close to the coast from 160.000 €   

Like 0      
20 Nov 2007 12:28 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

It really depends on the developer - there are good and bad everywhere. Marbella has been more highlighted than Almeria as it is the most famous town in Spain for foreigners.

If you look around you will find many horror stories in Almeria and Murcia as well - also the famous land grab situation is not in the South but is in Valencia region.

Marbella inland also has cheaper properties but really it depends where you want to be and what sort of lifestyle you want.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 9:15 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Tish here with my cynical hat on!!!!!!  The post from Marrianne Cowan was posted on other forums,(first time posts  )twice in one case. I'm sceptical because the law firm she mentions is in the number one spot on the "bad" lawyer list from the  significant number of people that I know who are now in dire predicaments, or who were in dire predicaments until they changed lawyers.  M-E do not have a good reputation even though they are perhaps the biggest company in Marbella. (Puerto Banus). I wonder if someone is  self promoting?

If Marianne Cowan really has got her money back  through this company then well done. You are in the minority.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 9:27 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Seems  my "cynical" hat was right. MC's posts has been deleted from another forum as self promoting spam mail!!!!

Someone posted this in response to MC's post:

is this for real or is it spam?
I googled martinezechevarria and this message has appeared on numerous boards today. each time this is the first and only post by this member.

I smell a rat.

This message was last edited by Tish on 11/21/2007.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 10:44 AM by Marianne Cowan Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Tish,

Its Marianne here. Yes its for real. I was so happy when they called me that I told them I would do my best to bring them more clients and that's what I did.

I didn't know that I could get all my money (plus interests) back. Well, my job is done and now I am coming back to plan my holidays with Paul.

Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Marianne Cowan

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 1:25 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I still think this is a self promoting post, as do other forums.

Like 0      
21 Nov 2007 1:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Tish , if you feel like this (& I'm not saying it's not "a self promoting post" as I don't know) why don't you click on the "spam post ?"Here, at the bottom of each post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spam post? If so please click here to report it & let Justin decide on any necessary action.

It then keeps everything more friendly when it's done anonymously. Justin has asked us to report this way.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/21/2007.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 9:45 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I did just that  Mor!!! I've no idea if it has been read though.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2007 11:36 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Tish

I believe they are read promptly &, IF Justin wishes, it IS removed promptly. (I have first hand knowledge of this &, as it's anonymous, it makes for a more pleasant forum rather than us putting our name publically to a complaint, which I prefer not to.) Maybe Justin has decided he wants this left in. Anyway we are bumping this thread up which maybe we shouldn't be doing.

Gotta shoot, dentist calling, ooeerrrrrrr.........

This message was last edited by morerosado on 11/23/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying on Entre Naranjos - 13 posts
Las Kalendas,Fortuna - 8 posts
Keen anglers - 0 posts
I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas - 10 posts
moving to spain in 2008 - 1 posts
christmas dinner - 2 posts
Shortish Term Rental in Spain - 0 posts
Land Registry Fees - 1 posts
Adding images to a signature - 18 posts
Remembrance Day Public Holiday in UK - 3 posts
thinking of living in spain - 15 posts
Searching individual forum - 0 posts
Hello - 4 posts
Ryanair cabin crews strip for charity, one for the EOS males, I think !! - 9 posts
ikea malaga - 2 posts
Jet 2 baggage question - 4 posts
Keen Angler where are the best waters - 0 posts
Avalon Irish Bar Bigastro??? - 6 posts
TRANSFER TAX - 2 posts
Moving to Fortuna - 13 posts
ALCAIDESA+OCEAN ESTATES+ALLERTON HOLDINGS +MESS! - 0 posts
21 Today???? - 12 posts
Thinking of moving here tips etc appreciated x - 0 posts
Sevilla - 2 posts
How cheap is THIS flight & hotel break to Nerja, CDS - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x