habitation licences advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2007 9:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Roberto:

It is by Law. Recent: May 2007

Provision 19 of Land Act passed last May expressly ask  Notaries who are authorising New Work Deeds ( previous deed to the transmission one, in all off plan develpoment)  to have the End of Works certificate, all the other legal documentation for the consumer/user  and the correspondent administrative licenses ( First Occupation License) 

Land Registrar cannot practice the registration of the New Work deeds if that other requirements are not met.

Hope it helps. Here you have got the wording of that provision in Spanish:

Artículo 19. Declaración de obra nueva.

1. Para autorizar escrituras de declaración de obra nueva en construcción, los notarios exigirán, para su testimonio, la aportación del acto de conformidad, aprobación o autorización administrativa que requiera la obra según la legislación de ordenación territorial y urbanística, así como certificación expedida por técnico competente y acreditativa del ajuste de la descripción de la obra al proyecto que haya sido objeto de dicho acto administrativo.

Tratándose de escrituras de declaración de obra nueva terminada, exigirán, además de la certificación expedida por técnico competente acreditativa de la finalización de ésta conforme a la descripción del proyecto, la acreditación documental del cumplimiento de todos los requisitos impuestos por la legislación reguladora de la edificación para la entrega de ésta a sus usuarios y el otorgamiento, expreso o por silencio administrativo, de las autorizaciones administrativas que prevea la legislación de ordenación territorial y urbanística.

2. Para practicar las correspondientes inscripciones de las escrituras de declaración de obra nueva, los registradores exigirán el cumplimiento de los requisitos establecidos en el apartado anterior.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 9:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maria, muchas gracias por tu repuesta, ¡ muy utíl !

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 7:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
De nada Roberto, para eso estamos!!
Felices días de Navidad!
M.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 3:42 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

¡Igualamente!

Pregunto hoy el Notario en Torremolinos, quien dice se puede firmar, pero la ecritura va a decir que el edificio está "en construción", y por eso necesita cambiarla luego, cuando tenemos la licencia. Pienso voy a esperar - mejor, ¿no? Es solo un trastero. Aunque mi casa está lleno de cosas, ¡no es tan importante!

Me gusta practicar escribiendo en español, pero es un foro inglés, entonces......

I asked at the notary in Torremolinos today, and they said I can sign the deed without the LFO, but it will have the fact that the building is "under construction" noted on it, and will therefore have to be changed at a later date when the LFO has been issued. I think it is probably better to wait for the LFO to avoid any hassle later on. Although I am not concerned about whether or not the LFO will be issued, and have complete confidence in the developer, and have signed in the past without it, I think things are changing, and it's best to stick to the rules!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 1:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Also, you would have to pay double Notary fees that way and somehow will be manifesting a comformity towards the completed object with no FOL. Risky in my opinion

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 5:33 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

The notary told me, when I said that there would be double the fees to pay, that it would be the responsibility of the developer. Whilst I trust this developer and believe them to be ethical and honest, I think expecting them to also pay the notary fees is a bit much to hope for. After all, they are not pushing me to complete - it was me pushing that prompted them to tell me we could sign whenever I want to. I had hoped they might just give me the key, and we would sign when the LFO comes through, but they didn't seem quite so keen on that idea!

I agree with you, not worth the risk and best to just wait a little longer.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Apr 2008 7:33 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Been a while since I posted on this thread, so you'll have to scroll back to remind yourself what this is about, but to cut a long story short -

I got a bit fed up waiting for the LFO, and the developer telling me that it was delayed because of a debate between them and the town hall over who should pay to resurface the road after the building work was completed. So I went to the planning dept two weeks ago and put in a request for information on the status of the application, which was made last July. They'll never just tell you there and then, you have to fill out an application, they tell you they will call you when they have the information you requested, they don't, and you have to go back a couple of weeks later to ask what's happening with your request. I went today, and the clerk looked at my copy of the request, and said "the LFO has been issued". I said "Oh? When?" He said "This morning"! I thought "Yeah, right"!

I decided I'd wait a couple of days, then call the developer, but this afternoon, low and behold, the developer called me to tell me the LFO has finally been granted and I can complete whenever I like! I'm still chuckling to myself  Funny how things work out sometimes. I'm now looking forward to finally being able to use our second bathroom, when I move all the accumulated junk to the new storage room.

Happy days!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 8:06 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Check the validity of the FOL.
Oh yes!! checking is one of the main features of a Lawyer´s job.
Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Apr 2008 5:44 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Apart from asking to see the licence and checking that it has the stamp of the ayuntamiento on it, and the date, what else should one check for?

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

My Yorkshire Terrier pup only weighs 50 grams! - 2 posts
help with rental - 0 posts
Pressure to Complete - 30 posts
Small dog wanted - UK (Brighton/Croydon area) - 8 posts
VAN HIRE TORREVIEJA - 1 posts
new member - 3 posts
UPDATE RE LATEST VISIT - MARCH 2007 - 7 posts
Getting a trade - 1 posts
Hand over soon - 0 posts
paddle tennis - 3 posts
Which areas to be looking at? - 11 posts
Interest Rates - 4 posts
Jardines de Alhama. - 1 posts
Rental Potential Almerimar and Punta Prima - 12 posts
wanted - long term rental - 2 posts
LOOKING - 1 posts
Bars near Murcia Airport - 5 posts
Sax / Novelda / Elda / Tibi / Castalla - 1 posts
Hello - 1 posts
Mena's 'snagging' company - 3 posts
european estates - 0 posts
self removal from uk to spain - 1 posts
Los Estanos Guardamar - 0 posts
Visit Site - 11 posts
QUIZ FOR YOU - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x