amba sun inspection trips again!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by jimmy thornton Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello everyone! thnaks to anyone who has sent me advice about inspection trips with amba sun. Im not going now as too much hassle and risk. However, i have paid for my flights and is there anyway i can get my flight money back at all as cost £230 for two ?  Cheers Jimmy  

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 4:35 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hi Jimmy, why did you have to pay so much for flights???  5 years ago we came out with Parador  ( lets not go through the Parador rigmarole again...........I had no probs with them!!)   and we only had to pay 79 pounds for the two of us and Parador provided everything.

I would be surprised if they gave you the money back..........why not go and just stick to your guns, you may even enjoy the trip and you can't be forced into anything you don't want.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 4:39 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Jimmy,

This is going seem very very cheeky but if you still wish to do an inspection trip and not waste your money come over on the flights antway and i will show you around only with a different attitude and without the Amba sun hard sell.

If you want to ask on the forum about me that is fine as i have sold property to other forum members so i have nothing to hide.

I will understand if you say no but at least i offered.

If you have any questions send me a message.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 4:41 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
That is a really good offer from our Georgia, Jimmy, I would go for that.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 5:03 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Jimmy

Just wanted to say that i agree with Karen.

Last month hubby and i went out to Spain to look at houses - long story, but the short version is we decided no way we wanted to go on an inspection trip and have someone else in charge!  We went around some agents, met up with a couple and let them show us around.  But BY FAR the most helpful was Georgia who spent time with us, gave us some really sound advice and no pressure and showed us what we wanted to see.

I can say a lot more , but dont want to embarrass him on the forum, so i wont, but if you want to PM me to ask anything about our trip i will be delighted to give you the un-edited version!

Like 0      
31 Oct 2007 8:19 PM by crooksy Star rating in Suffolk. 18 posts Send private message

Hi Jimmy

Me and hubby were looking at inspection trips with a big agent and then we found this site and realised that perhaps the more personal and less pressure touch from a smaller agent would suit us better, so we pm'd georgia to talk more about what we wanted.  We decided after a phone call with him that we would go on an inspection tour with him, and it was great.  No pressure, informative and we even got an afternoon on the beach!   It would be a shame not to have anything for your money.

Hope it works out for you

Crooksy

Like 0      
01 Nov 2007 1:13 PM by lynnbenton2001 Star rating in Staffordshire. 20 posts Send private message

Hi Jimmy,

Ambasun refunded us for the flights when we were there, but we did buy and are very happy with our purchase. Obviously, however, I don't know if their attitude would be different if you weren't a serious buyer.

Lynn

Like 0      
01 Nov 2007 3:58 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

Although i cannot vouch for Georgia's level of service i can speak on my experience with a small agent on the Costa Del sol. I will post the whole story at a later date,but to cut a long story short we had a bad experience with one of the larger agents 3 years ago, we met a small independent whilst on holiday purely by accident. It did help as we knew what we was looking for and on which development. We viewed the property on a Friday afternoon with the agent in the summer and after viewing we knew we was interested and he gave us the keys to keep for the weekend so we could view it at several different times of the day. It was a perfect tactic on his behalf as we ended up buying. May have turned out different if we just viewed it the once accompanied by the agent.

We spent several hours at the property over the weekend,early morning,mid afternoon even night fall, we could see where the sun was on our terrace at different times . It allowed us to discuss where we would put furniture etc without having the agent breathing down our necks. We let him have the keys back on the Monday and told him we had a couple more things to look at and would give him the decision the next day even though we had already made our minds up. We was testing him to see if there would be any pressure. But no none at all.

Like 0      
02 Nov 2007 2:04 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Hi Jimmy

If you are still interested in buying in Spain why not go out on your own and arrange to see some agents

Some have already invited you and I am the same..I am a UK Chartered Surveyor with a very good connection with a professional Spanish Estate Agents

We have a very good Go Direct Service which offers the same level of service both in buying and After Sales but clients can feel a little independant

This is getting more popular now as some of the big firms Trips have had some bad press!!

Like 0      
05 Nov 2007 10:43 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks Guys,

Nice to be appreciated.

Back after a 4 day break and fully refreshed.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
12 Nov 2007 10:29 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Jimmy, if I may... I don't know your circumstances of why you had to cancel but I'm fairly well versed on the inspection trip game .. I say game as thats the way I see it.

I don't know Georgia but it sounds like he/she (sorry Geo I'm taking no chances!) is highly recommended and that's often the best way to find a good 'un...but anyway here's my bit just to ease me into this forum thingummyjig.. this is a bit long but maybe worth a read by anyone thinking of going on such a trip.

I've been on one two three four FIVE inspection trips and never bought directly off any of them. The first one I was wet behind the ears regarding spain but I work in property in uk and couldn't believe the way brits were falling over themselves to buy stuff after only being there 3 or 4 days.  I went with a friend (instead of wife) and we really made it hard for our guide - not deliberately or in a nasty sense - we just asked lots and lots and lots of questions and raised issues with probably most of the things our guide showed us.

Anyway he left us to our own devices (phew!) for 2-3 hours on the last day and in that short space of time I viewed 4 resales to get a flavour of what the "real" market was like. A dutch bloke showed me the last one and after we chatted for only about 15 mins I could tell he was on top of his game..and he knew what he'd need to do to sell to me.  Anyway he asked me (and my pal) to stay for another day or two and he would pay for the extra hotels and flight home..I was sorely tempted but we declined as had to be at work next day and our original guide was picking us up from our hotel to take us to airport in half an hour!

Within a week I was back out (on my own), I got a dirt cheap flight (paid for it myself) and my dutch contact covered my one night in a hotel. He paid for a couple of drinks and so did I - no fancy restaurants but I didn't want that as I only had 2 days and wanted to view loads of property not fill my face

He took me to a lot of different places (as I told hin everywhere I'd already been). Nothing came of that but we kept in touch for a few months before he finally stopped calling me.

3rd trip was with same company as my first one! (confusing isn't it). They approached me and I told them I'd been out with them before and virtually drove my guide suicidal..no prob they said..so off me and wife went for a long weekend, mainly so she could see what all the fuss was about.. If I'm honest I would say that particular trip we were there just for the hell of it. I told them the score with the first trip but no, the person on the phone obviously wanted her commision for getting us on a trip so badly that I couldn't resist. Believe it or not my wife decided she really liked one place, but we had said before we went out that we wont buy on the actual trip. About 3 months later we decided to go for it and put a deposit on the off-plan my wife had picked (you can see who wears the trousers in our house).

That was the worst thing we could have done, builders were complete plonkers, letters, emails, phone calls bac and forth, god only knows how some of there companies stay in business. Completion was put back and back and back until they finally couldn't really decide on a completion date at all... time to book another trip and look elsewhere we thought.

4th trip with one of the big players. We told them we'd had a bad experience with another builder but we didn't tell them we were still waiting for completion on it. This wasn't a bad one and no pressure whatsoever (unlike trip 1 and 3), but we just couldn't find anything to suit.

After about a year we instructed solicitor to cancel our contract and get our money back (which he did with no prob). During this process we were (coincidentally, but I do believe in fate) contacted again by the same company as trip 4...so off we wnt again.

This time our guide was absolutely fantastic, couldn't be bettered by anyone, or any company, no chance. In summary he introduced us to the place we've bought now, but at the time we were there the place was just sold out. We returned home once again without securing anything.

We really liked the place we had seen so I contacted the builder direct and said if anything comes up or someone pulls out give me a call. About a month later they did and we secured it. It was no skin off my nose to point out that we were originally introduced to it by an agent so his company might be due their commission. They were having none of it. I knew this saved them typically anything between 3% and 8% of the purchase price...so I... well someone had to make something out of it didn't they?! 

What have I learned from all this?  I would say you MUST decide on two things to begin with (apart from your budget obviously)  LOCATION and TYPE OF PROPERTY.

Any tom dick or harry can take you round loads of properties so I would say use an insopection trip just to decide on the type of property you want ie. apartment, villa, town house, bungalow, etc etc. It doesn't really matter where you go they are all pretty much the same (I'm NOT referring to standard or quality here).

Once you've decided on the type of property then you can start to work on location. I don't care who takes you where, you're not going to get a clear picture of what a location has to offer by sitting in a fancy restuarant or driving around it in a people carrier for an hour or two. Do your own research, ask your friends, go there on your holidays.

Once you have the property type and a couple of locations in the front of YOUR mind (not theirs) get yourself on another inspection trip, or three or four...

Goodness me is that the time already?

Like 0      
13 Nov 2007 2:46 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Growler,

Wise words mate!!!

Especially the bit about me.

Seriously though, recommendation is the way to go through life.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Inland Radio in English ? - 0 posts
Sterling account? - 5 posts
New Inland Andalucia Radio Station ACEFM 106.8 - 0 posts
hola, buenas tardes - 0 posts
inspection trips with amba sun international - 33 posts
Restaurants in Velez Malaga and Torre del Mar - 0 posts
help with this - 8 posts
help with this - 1 posts
Demolishing coastal homes - 3 posts
Shipping agent in Valencia? - 1 posts
Community Meetings - 7 posts
BMI BABY SUMMER 2008 - FLIGHTS RELEASED - 8 posts
Time for a grumble ....and a few home truths.... - 26 posts
Newbie here!! - 4 posts
SECOND HAND FURNITURE - 1 posts
second hand furniture - 8 posts
Thinking of buying in Terrazas de Almerimar - 2 posts
i want to sell - 4 posts
Santa Pola - 5 posts
Smoke Alarms in Rental Properties - 7 posts
Ordering, Collection & Delivery Service? - 0 posts
Building and Contents Insurance - 9 posts
UK Tax Liability for Spanish Property Owners - 1 posts
Planting Palm trees... - 3 posts
Recent Floods (gota fria) in Costa Blanca - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x