Guardia civil ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi all can anyone give me an e-mail address for the Guardia Civil in torrevieja

Thanks JPD

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 7:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, no e-mail address that I can find.  Telephone number is 96 571 01 13 if that helps.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 7:28 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
thanks for that will give them a ring tomorrow

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 9:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Trish, John, hope all is ok, daft question, I guess.

Ring 0844 200 1515 before that number & it will only cost 0.5 p / minute

See http://www.dialwise.co.uk/index2.php

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 2:19 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi JPD,

E-mail? I don't think so!

If you need to complain...........too late!

They are useless.................my Brother's partner has been stopped by the Guardia Civil manymany times.........

They have taken her money in a fine, asked her to pay it hmmmmmm, if you get my drift.............................. and still stopped her the next night!

NO, she didnt pay it.........in kind, but in money yes, and still they stopped her.............

I wish you luck, let us ALL know if you are successful!!!!

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 9:36 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi guys,

All it is, is when we were over in August we were robbed by three lads with clip boards, shoving them in our faces to sign for disabled (couldn't read it but there was a disabled sign at the top of the paper). We were sitting on the sea front enjoying an afternoon drink. They were obviously blocking our view with these three clip boards while they robbed us!!! We 'asked' them to go away. When they had stolen a wallet they ran off. We stood up and checked our bags... the wallet had gone!

Anyway we went to Guardia Civil etc, got crime report cancelled all cards etc etc. We had 600euros in the wallet cos had just been in to our bank to get enough money to last over the weekend.

When we came home got in touch with insurance firm who told us to send all original documents!!!! Which we did and took photocopies!  ....Guess what.....they have lost them!! Now saying they cant accept photocopies have to get in touch with Guardia Civil for another original??? Jet2 for proof of flight and bank statement to prove how much we took out in Spain!

Written to Jet2, got bank statement coming but the e.mail number on our copy of Crime Report does not work!!

Be warned. We were in Torrevieja but it could happen anywhere. Look out for lads with clipboards!!!

Dont know if it may be best to wait until we go back end of this month and go back in with an interpreter?

Insurance company   dont want to pay out. even though its them that have lost our paperwork!

In the end bet we just have to put it down to an expensive experience!!!!!

Regards

John and Trish

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 10:25 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Another favourite is for 2 ladies with a puschair and a baby - get your attention diverted while they slip the bag or the wallet or camera or whatever - be prudent at all times - for ladies (and many men these days) if you have a bag with a strap, put the strap round a chair leg or something like that - and try and remember if it has a zip to zip it up.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
13 Oct 2007 10:47 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

John & Trish,

Don't give up. It is what your insurance company want. They are making things difficult in the hope that you will go away. DONT!!! They will then get away with not paying you out when you have paid your premium in good faith. I am sure that insurance translated means 'legalised con' because they always try and get out of paying the full claim.

We were burgled once and we had bought a new video camera a few months before. We claimed for the two batteries we had bought with it, they wouldn't pay out the full amount because we could have got them a few pounds cheaper at the other end of the country. Never mind postage or travel costs!!!!

As you may have gathered, I get annoyed when talking about insurance companies!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 2:10 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

This doesn't just happen in public. A guy last year got into our complex as some idiot had left the gate open, he went door to door with his clipboard asking for ten euros for a 'disabled childrens lottery' or something along those lines. Unfortunately, one owner had left her front door open and he brazenly went in, took what he wanted from the sideboard (watch, phone etc) and left again, this was despite her daughter being asleep on the sofa.

Stick to your guns with the insurance company, there should be no reason why they won't accept a copy of your crime report. We had a similar incident last year with a medical claim on our travel insurance, firstly they said they had not received the original paperwork, luckily I had copies of everything and I sent them again which they did accept, secondly, they then wanted to know from the treating doctor what date he felt my daughter was fit to travel. (My daughter was quite ill the day we were due to return home so we delayed for a few days until she was better) If the insurance company had told me at the time I contacted them originally that I would need this information then I would have got it while we were there. I suspect that they did not think I would be able to find this info out after the event, but I had an email address for the doctor. I emailed him and got a reply back within a few minutes and a fax shortly after when they confirmed the date see was well again. Paid out in full.

Good luck!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long Term Let wanted - Costa Almeria - 1 posts
FIR TREES - 26 posts
Gardens, Pools, Home Services and Furniture - 7 posts
Information please - 2 posts
Dental Care for kids - 0 posts
Ryanair announces 3 new routes Bristol to France - 1 posts
Bank Of Santander - 1 posts
SHOPPING ADVISE - 7 posts
MARBELLA ILLEGAL LICENCES - 0 posts
Advice from anyone who knows Murcia/Lorca? - 5 posts
UK state Pension - 5 posts
bill & ev marshall (newcastle upon tyne) - 1 posts
SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY - 18 posts
THANKYOU - 2 posts
Completion Dates - 4 posts
Almanzora - 3 posts
competa - 2 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS - 12 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS... - 6 posts
It's Me -- Again - 0 posts
problem getting power connect. - 0 posts
Where can we buy bicycles? - 3 posts
Help Me Out - 2 posts
SPUD - 10 posts
Filipino In Need of Advice - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x