Advice from anyone who knows Murcia/Lorca?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by dixie Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi,  I have heard today from Grupo Alzo that the building licence for Lorca Golf and Spa will be granted shortly.  (They have given me a lot of the whys and wherefores, and appear to be waiting for one signature.)  My contract states that I can have my deposit refunded, plus legal interest, if the licence is not granted by Sep 30 2007.  I am inclined to request a refund as I think this is the best way to cut my losses.  The developer says that a recent independent valuation has shown that the apartments have increased in value by 25% - but who knows?

Any guys who know the area - is it saturated?  Could I sell on?

Any advice gratefully received! 

Cheers,

Ann

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 11:06 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Well Dixie

It all comes down to 'do they have full permits'...sent you a PM

And I suppose that applies to all the early buyers

& a bank guarantee....important

too inland for me ....but that is just a personal view..I'm sure that many have decided to buy at Lorca as a new 'Life Style '.......like it and will enjoy it when it is built

But if you have doubts....check the basics

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 12:35 PM by jamiealmeria Star rating in Mojacar, Almeria. 73 posts Send private message

Hi Dixie,

I don't know your development at all but if you are still waiting for licenses, which can go on forever, and can get out of your contract without penalty - then I would jump ship if I were you.

The Lorca area is a nice area and pretty Spanish - it is by no means saturated - strangely it has been widely ignored despite being in a good area and only a short drive to Aguilas (Spanish beach resort). The problem is that the area has been a bit overlooked by many buyers and hence could take a while to sell on. it is a Spanish mid sized town near the motorway, not especially pretty, not fantastic facilities, nothing wrong with it but nothing going for it either - Get out while you can.

Jamie

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 8:08 PM by dixie Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.  You have confirmed my thought that I should jump ship.  I have emailed my lawyers to ask them to set the refund in train.  I'll let you know how I get on!

Cheers,

Ann

Like 0      
16 Oct 2007 1:54 AM by coast-almeria Star rating in Mojacar. 71 posts Send private message

Good luck with your refund, hope it all goes well.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2008 9:19 PM by ianjakes Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi i live in purias just around the corner from the lorca golf and spa development and today as i past it construction appears to have started at last. heavy pipes are going in their are new fences and heavy construction equipment their i will keep everyone posted as things go on

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK state Pension - 5 posts
bill & ev marshall (newcastle upon tyne) - 1 posts
SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY - 18 posts
THANKYOU - 2 posts
Completion Dates - 4 posts
Almanzora - 3 posts
competa - 2 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS - 12 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS... - 6 posts
It's Me -- Again - 0 posts
problem getting power connect. - 0 posts
Where can we buy bicycles? - 3 posts
Help Me Out - 2 posts
SPUD - 10 posts
Filipino In Need of Advice - 0 posts
LONG LET NEEDED - 3 BED IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 2 posts
CYCLING - 0 posts
On a diet - 23 posts
Questions for anybody who made the move with children - 10 posts
Watching Chelsea in Spain - 1 posts
Salvador Artesano - 24 posts
Advise please on renting in a community - 6 posts
Help! - we've been told we cannot rent ou our apartment! - 3 posts
TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA - 151 posts
españaexpo 07 - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x