SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Just to let everyone else know from the rest of the wolrd tomorrow FRIDAY 12th OCTOBER is a well earned rest day for us hard working sunworshippers here in Spain

This is a national all over holiday as opposed to the smaller localized ones which happen thoughout the year.

Monday has one local one for Mijas (for the Fuengirola Feria 'hangoverday'), next friday is another local on in San Pedro (our feria) and no idea about any others as it doesnt concern me!

The local ones see the area, village, town or province all closed, strange when you can drive a few kilometres to find the banks open and everything working as normal.

Perhaps we ought to post the years holidays here so you know why our phones arent being answered!!

Have a great weekend one and all!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 3:54 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Rixxy,

We had Monday and Tuesday as Bank holidays as well this week,i had to work to catch up from my trip away,not tommorow though day offffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pis... pouring down here andf i have just had the weirdest 2 viewings of my life..........

Standing in the middle of the street that resembled a white water rafting slalom course i manged to sell 2 little amigo's(old Spanish property).

great way to end the week!!!! soaked to the skin but happy.

Have a good one!

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:04 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

You too Georgia - how come its raining up your way? Sunny and hot here, so please dont send it down!!!!!!!!!!

Speak next week - we need to get things moving I reckon!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

On the Spanish weather report this morning it said there was a weather system moving down from the UK.

Too bloody right there is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's moved ,it's here, it's wet!

Booked our next one for the 16th and 17th november.

See you when it stops raining!

Georgia

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:13 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

If we get THEIR weather, then it wont stop raining - ever!

Clouds starting here already and got an italian restaurant launch to go to tonight! Wellies or sandals. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:25 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Just checked weather for Benalmadena and it has sun/cloud for the next week so hopefully bit of sun and nice hot weather here.

Hope so got day off tomorrow.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:46 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

OK, OK, mustnt get too excited just 15mins to go and then got 3 WHOLE days OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa , what to do, I think, drink and errrrrr drink and errrrr drink again, oh yeah and mustnt forget to eat (as long as doesnt get in way of drinking)

have a great bank hol and weekend to all

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Great weather where we are in the SW of UK.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/11/2007.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:50 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Rusty! Glad Im not the only one with the same moderate outlook on kife!

Mee toooooo!

Going, going, GONE!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 4:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
A great bank holiday weekend to all us workaholics in Spain...yes, that includes moi.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 5:06 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

My desktop tells me rain on Saturday for Malaga

At least your "launch" will be easier if there's more flooding, Rixxy.

What's all this about a bank holiday? Come to think of it, what's all this about work?  Not aware of either round here!

Had a viewing of my apartment yesterday, and actually resulted in the first offer, so I'm feeling positive as well. (It was a silly offer, from a Spaniard who has fallen for this buyer's market thingy, distressed sellers, dumb foreigners etc etc.,  and thinks it's OK to insult my intelligence, but it was an offer, nonetheless!!!!)

Have a great weekend all, wherever you are and whatever the weather.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 9:15 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me what public holidays are taken at New Year please, we have a completion date of 31st December 2007, and wondered what is the normal days taken at this time of year are,

Thanks,

Shirley

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

1st in January and 6th in January

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Oct 2007 10:25 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

Thanks for the quick reply, that helps us arrange flights ,

Shirley

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 10:32 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks Justin - yes IN THE OFFICE but only for 1 hour (which is nearly up!!)

Will go to the beach if its gonna rain tomorrow - would normally rain all week as its Feria in Fuengy!

Hey ho - hard life and all that!

Well done Roberto - its a start at least.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 Oct 2007 11:57 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
OOOOPS!!! This time thingy is a man thing - a bit like we seem to think 6 inches is a foot!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 9:25 AM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Did anyone see the Bank Holiday, it all seems such a blur to me!!!!!!!! Even had to watch news yesterday to remind me of the Rugby score.

Still glorious sunny weather Friday and Saturday down here, yesterday not great but not as bad as I was.

Hope you all had a good one.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2007 12:13 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hola! Yes was brill - did pretty much sod all for 3 days! Did a bit of ironing, a couple of walks, watched a couple of DVDS and THE RUGBY - wasnt it BRILL!!!!!

Back in office and boy did those 3 days go fast. Still, its a local one this friday  and am looking forward to that!

Yes Smiley - I know all about you men and your 6 inches! Its why I have a dent in the boot of my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

THANKYOU - 2 posts
Completion Dates - 4 posts
Almanzora - 3 posts
competa - 2 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS - 12 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS... - 6 posts
It's Me -- Again - 0 posts
problem getting power connect. - 0 posts
Where can we buy bicycles? - 3 posts
Help Me Out - 2 posts
SPUD - 10 posts
Filipino In Need of Advice - 0 posts
LONG LET NEEDED - 3 BED IN PLAYA FLAMENCA - 2 posts
CYCLING - 0 posts
On a diet - 23 posts
Questions for anybody who made the move with children - 10 posts
Watching Chelsea in Spain - 1 posts
Salvador Artesano - 24 posts
Advise please on renting in a community - 6 posts
Help! - we've been told we cannot rent ou our apartment! - 3 posts
TECNOLOGIA URBANISTICA - 151 posts
españaexpo 07 - 3 posts
selling spanish property - 16 posts
Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Fiscal help... Gestor? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x