Energia XXI no bills since December 2022

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2023 12:42 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Hi, l received my last electric bill in December last year, which was paid automatically by DD 

In January, nothing, then in February they credited €10.39 to my bank account. At this point I thought the previous year's bills must have been estimated and I had been overcharged so was in credit 

However, no bill in March or April. I tried to set up an online account to see what was happening, but that didn't work. Went to their local office, again they couldn't help .

So, I emailed them and they fixed my login problem, but the online information did not explain the situation.

Now, they've sent me an email saying that there is a problem with their billing system. It tells me not to worry and they will let me pay by installments at no extra charge. I don't think this is good enough.

Thoughts on legal standing here?

Like 0      
06 May 2023 6:08 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If you are dissatisfied you need to follow the supplier’s complaints procedure.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2024 4:36 AM by rosydam Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I understand your frustration regarding the confusing situation with your electric bill and lack of communication from the supplier. While I can't offer specific legal advice, I can provide some general information and considerations to help you assess your legal standing and options:

Potential Issues:

• Unclear billing: The lack of bills and inconsistent information online make it difficult to understand your actual consumption and any outstanding charges.
  • Potential overcharging: You mentioned feeling overcharged in December based on estimated bills. This needs to be clarified.
  • Unilateral installment plan: While offering an installment plan without extra charges may seem convenient, it doesn't address the potential overcharging and lack of transparency.

Your Legal Standing:

• Right to accurate bills: As a customer, you have the right to receive clear and accurate bills reflecting your actual consumption.
  • Fair treatment: The supplier is obligated to treat you fairly and address any concerns you raise.
  • Dispute resolution: Consumers often have avenues to resolve billing disputes through independent ombudsmen or regulatory bodies.

Recommendations:

• Gather evidence: Keep all emails, communications, and bill copies as proof of the situation.
  • Contact the supplier again: Request a detailed explanation of the billing issue, outlining the missing bills, credit, and potential overcharging. Ask for a revised bill reflecting your actual consumption.
  • Consider contacting an ombudsman or regulatory body: Check your local consumer protection resources or regulatory body for guidance and potential complaint procedures.
  • Seek legal advice: If you remain unsatisfied with the supplier's response and feel your rights have been violated, consider consulting a lawyer specializing in consumer rights.

Important Note: This information is intended for general guidance and does not constitute legal advice. For specific legal advice on your situation, please consult a qualified lawyer in your jurisdiction.

Remember, communication and perseverance are key. Don't hesitate to advocate for your rights and clear understanding of your billing situation.

retro bowl college

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property - 2 posts
Question on setting up cycling holiday company from the UK - 1 posts
Necessary Repairs - 1 posts
Sailing to Spain Ferry membership - 0 posts
Check your passport signature!! - 18 posts
Does deed name change need to be made on selling? - 5 posts
AFAs, DAFAs or SAFAs - 1 posts
The Wanderer pauses - 0 posts
Question for Maria. How long can Spanish courts hold claimants monies and what are the rules governing interim interest? - 13 posts
Autonomo and foreign income (from France) - 4 posts
Recommended builders - 0 posts
Hello - 7 posts
Banco de Espana average exchange rates for 2022 - 3 posts
Corvera - 7 posts
Land rental - 0 posts
Spanish Will - 2 posts
Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts
Spanish Banks??!! - 4 posts
visa - 1 posts
Why is my TV in Spanish? - 4 posts
moving to spain - 13 posts
Мacaciones en mallorca - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x