Hello

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2023 10:21 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi everyone

This looks like a great place for info :-)

I am moving to Spain in September and very much looking forward to this next adventure, although it is also a little scary. In a good way... Will probably move to Valencia, but I am still also considering Bilbao possibly,

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 10:40 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi Gaballero,  I am not sure what you are looking for as Bilbao and Valencia are poles apart. Are you looking for any particular advice related to those two places?

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 1:40 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi

Thanks for your response. I'm not looking for any information just yet, I was just saying hi 😁 The main reason my girlfriend and I are considering Valencia and Bilbao is because of where our friends are. 

I will need a bit of advice about the autonomo status, but I need to read a bit more about it first. Once I have a bit more of an idea, I'll start a new thread for help with that. 

Many thanks

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 2:48 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Gaballero, where are you from? The rules for EU and non EU citizens moving to Spain are vastly different. 

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 4:17 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Mariedav

I'm from France, and have been living in the UK for 25 years. I hold both a French and a UK passport. 

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 4:56 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Then you will have no problem coming to live and work in Spain. No work permit required and you can set up as autonomo by using your French nationality. You just need an NIE (foreigners ID number) and possibly the assistance of a good gestor (adviser on legal matters).

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 9:31 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Great, thanks for the info 😃. What's the best way to find a good gestor? Do you have a rough idea of the budget I should set aside for the gestor fees for setting up autonomo? Also, is it possible to do work such as being a waiter, or bar work, as an autonomo? This isn't my main plan, but I'm just trying to think of options in case things don't go to plan...

Like 0      
03 Apr 2023 10:17 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Obviously it will depend on the area you move to which gestor and the costs. Maybe a bit closer to the date you could ask in your area and get some advice.

I wouldn't think bar or restaurant work as an autonomo would be allowed as it means you are working for yourself and in an establishment you would be working for others, ie an employee. 

Non EU citizens have to submit a business plan on the work they are carrying out before being allowed a visa and I'm pretty sure bar work wouldn't be part of a business plan. 

Best of luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Banco de Espana average exchange rates for 2022 - 3 posts
Corvera - 7 posts
Land rental - 0 posts
Spanish Will - 2 posts
Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts
Spanish Banks??!! - 4 posts
visa - 1 posts
Why is my TV in Spanish? - 4 posts
moving to spain - 13 posts
Мacaciones en mallorca - 3 posts
mercadona orange juice machines - 2 posts
End of Hits Mobile - 0 posts
MS driving in Spain - 6 posts
3% retention tax rules - 8 posts
Structural Issue - 1 posts
Cachorros de caniche disponibles para adopción gratuita - 0 posts
diagnosing oven fault - 1 posts
How do I upload photos to sell my property? - 3 posts
Court action against decision at AGM - 4 posts
Spam - 8 posts
airport transfer to hotel - 3 posts
Taking a dog to Europe for 2 days - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x