Autonomo and foreign income (from France)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Apr 2023 1:32 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi 

I have a French and a UK passport, and I'm currently resident in the UK.  If I move to Spain and register as an autonomo, can I then take a fully remote job working freelance for a French company? Or is autonomo really for Spain based companies?

Many thanks for any information you can provide

Like 0      
04 Apr 2023 4:12 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

It was mentioned before. 

An autónomo in Spain is a self-employed worker or freelancer, a professional who provides services independently to his or her clients. That is, it is a person who, instead of working for a company in exchange for a salary, works on her own in exchange for the remuneration paid to him by her direct clients.

If you want to work remotely, such as the digital nomad, then you can do so but your French nationality negates that and you won't need any visa. You can't be autonomo working for someone else as then you would be an employee.

Like 1      
04 Apr 2023 9:27 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi

Just to clarify, that job wouldn't be as an employee. The French company would not employ me, but just give me papers to do editing work on, we're probably only talking 30 to 50 hours per month on average. So it's not full time and not an employed position. 

In that type of scenario, could I carry out that work whilst living in Spain as an autonomo?

Many thanks for any information

Like 0      
07 Apr 2023 6:10 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Autonomo / self employed monthly contributions are very expensive in Spain...I have been told this is approximately €500 per month including your accounts fee you also need proof of income the minimum amount accepted is €24,000 per year to maintain self employed status in Spain..you said you have a French passport this passport will permit you to live and work in Spain without the need for a visa so why not just simply look for a Spanish company that will employ you .

Like 0      
07 Apr 2023 8:16 PM by gaballero Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker, thanks for the info. My Spanish is just about conversational, 1 on 1, but I'll need 6 to 12 months to get myself properly fluent I think. So I think finding work may be tricky. That freelance job from France sounded like a good way to start my move with an income straight away coming in, and would remove a bit of pressure on finding a Spanish job straight away. But from what you're saying, this might be prohibitively expensive sadly...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Recommended builders - 0 posts
Hello - 7 posts
Banco de Espana average exchange rates for 2022 - 3 posts
Corvera - 7 posts
Land rental - 0 posts
Spanish Will - 2 posts
Golden visas and UK driving licence - 24 posts
water pipe - 1 posts
Mijas Costa - Administrator with excelent property management skills required - 1 posts
Recommendations for community chimney survey and sweep - 0 posts
Spanish Banks??!! - 4 posts
visa - 1 posts
Why is my TV in Spanish? - 4 posts
moving to spain - 13 posts
Мacaciones en mallorca - 3 posts
mercadona orange juice machines - 2 posts
End of Hits Mobile - 0 posts
MS driving in Spain - 6 posts
3% retention tax rules - 8 posts
Structural Issue - 1 posts
Cachorros de caniche disponibles para adopción gratuita - 0 posts
diagnosing oven fault - 1 posts
How do I upload photos to sell my property? - 3 posts
Court action against decision at AGM - 4 posts
Spam - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x