HiFX problems, delays transferring money

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2007 12:58 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I had a reply from Mark, he passed me on to a guy called SImon, and my problem is now with their Legal department, but I have just emailed them this morning for an update and to ask for my tapes of all conversations with them.

My Lawyer informed us last week if we did not pay the 19000 euro fine we would lose all our 30% deposit, needless to say I was like a headless chicken running around trying to get this money transferred over which I did with the help of HALIFAX.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 1:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2007 6:40 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Sorry, I put an extra 0 on than I should, it was 1900 euros, the charge came from the bank for the money not being there, I have had an email from Mark tonight saying someone is going to ring me tomorrow night to resolve this, I will let you all know what happens.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
08 Feb 2007 10:44 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

UPDATE

Mark Bodega emailed on 5th February to say that my compaint has been passed to John Horan, Head of Compliance at HiFX.

I have requested copies of conversations which they should have - I was sent just over 16 minutes' worth on CD. On the advice of my solicitor I obtained all my phone records - there is in excess of 1 hour 25 minutes which they have not supplied. That doesn't include a call HiFX made to my Spanish lawyer, either. HiFX advises that their recording system saves conversations against telephone numbers, not client numbers (despite the fact that no-one will speak to you unless you have confirmed this). In my opinion this makes for a pretty crap logging system (especially as my mobile telephone is Estonian!)

Watch this space......  

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 5:54 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

HiFX court proceedings

HiFX are completely ignoring me - I have had nothing since Mark Bodega's email of 5th February (mail, email or telephone call). I spoke to my solicitor today who has advised me to put HiFX on notice that court proceedings will be commenced on March 27th unless they resolve the situation to my satisfaction beforehand. He told me that if HiFX claim to have "lost" the recordings of our conversations it will be to their cost!

Here is the last communication I received:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email. I have spoken to our Head of Compliance John Horan and he is in the process of examining your complaint.

I've asked him to get back to you as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Mark Bodega

Marketing Director

HiFX

I think a month is long enough, but not even an acknowledgement? HiFX bad manners prevail, it seems! I will detail my costs in an email to John Horan and Mark Bodega later this evening.

This message was last edited by kevinm on 3/13/2007.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 7:16 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 7:37 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

A point for HIFX to consider....

We are all watching this one with interest for the future handling of our finances....

Best of Luck, Kevin

Anthony

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 9:59 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 10:04 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

I have now emailed Mr. Bodega and Mr. Horan to advise them that I will pursue this matter through the courts unless my claim for £946.32 (at today's exchange rates) is settled. Messrs Bodega/Horan have two weeks in which to do this.

My solicitor advised me that I have a right to the recordings of the conversations that HiFX made. Failure to send me copies contravenes the Data Protection Act - something which the courts will not view kindly! Also, it prevents me from preparing a more factual case to the court.

Watch this space....

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 10:12 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

Thanks to Janice and Anthony for the support. I agree - HiFX simply must not care about their reputation. This thread has had over a thousand reads - HiFX must surely be losing out! As I have not been advised to contact the HiFX Customer Care department I can only assume they don't have one!

I'll keep you posted here.

Kevin

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 9:33 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Sorry to hear you still have your problems with HIFX Kevin, as you know ours is now sorted and I think they have made a big mistake not sorting yours out sooner than this, look at all the bad publicity they have had on this board, even thou ours was sorted I don't think I will use them again after seeing what they have done to you.

The last money I transferred over to Spain I used my local Halifax, and guess what, within two days it was in my Solbank account , it did cost me £17.50 but was worth it for peace of mind.

Good luck with your claim.

Maureen & Dennis

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 9:22 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

Thanks Janice, you cheered me up with that!

BTW not even an email to say "We have received your mail and we are looking into it...." Poor show, HiFX. Something tells me this IS going to court.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:05 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
STICK WITH IT KEVIN - RECKON THEY WILL CAPITULATE AS THEY WONT WANT THEIR NAME DRAGGED THROUGH THE COURTS - THIS HAS BECOME A HUGELY COMPETITIVE MARKET AND THEY ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE CLIENT CARE - NOT TO MENTION THE DP ISSUE - RECKON YOU SHOULD DEMAND MORE TO SETTLE FOR THE ADDITIONAL HARDSHIP ETC

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Mar 2007 11:06 PM by eric Star rating in redcar uk/sierra gol.... 263 posts Send private message

eric´s avatar

HI KEVIN

I for one will not be useing HIKX again i used them 3 times to transfer money to spain over a time scale of 9 month, i must say whith no problem, then about three weeks ago when the exchange  rate went above 1.50 euro to the pound i phoned to transfer £30000-00  I was told my account was closed because i had`nt used it for a year and i would have to re apply for a new account . needless  to say by the time all that took place the rate had fallen again so i lost out, you would think a company there size they would inform there clients that they were closing there account and give them option to re-open it. anyway its just another nail in there coffin .

best of luck with your claim

eric

Like 0      
19 Mar 2007 3:25 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

** EDITED **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 14/07/2010.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 10:28 AM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

Justin

As you request, this will be my last post on this subject.

I will close by adding my bitter disappointment with HiFX, since it seems someone there is happy to discuss my case with you while refusing to enter into dialogue with me. My emails remain unanswered. I resent the fact that I am now accused of failing to disclose "some important facts" and that you state "... the fault actually lies with yourself." My soilicitor does not agree.

I add my disappointment that other eyeonspain members will now not see the outcome of this case.

Kevin

This message was last edited by kevinm on 3/21/2007.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 12:46 PM by Ambre Solaire Star rating. 36 posts Send private message

Quote from Kevin :-

"will close by adding my bitter disappointment with HiFX, since it seems someone there is happy to discuss my case with you while refusing to enter into dialogue with me "

What happened to Client confidentiality  ?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 1:06 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 1:46 PM by te104 Star rating. 23 posts Send private message

Cam bank offer a sterling account and you can pay in sterling cheques. Therefore no need to carry large amounts of cash to Spain and no problems with money transfers! We have found this a hassle free way getting our money to spain. When we need it in our spanish account we just transfer online and the rates good too.

Like 0      
21 Mar 2007 3:59 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

I think as moderator it would be advisable to be neutral in cases like this, because how do you know who is telling the truth

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New messages on El Rincon Costa Blanca Development Forum - 0 posts
Have you visited Malaga yet? - 4 posts
spanish bank charges - 24 posts
Telefonica & Broadband - 7 posts
NEW LOW COST AIRLINE TO ALMERIA - 20 posts
Sorry another question - 0 posts
Pets in apartments - 5 posts
HELP NEEDED URGENTLY - 20 posts
Making a Will - 3 posts
Property owners at Roda - 4 posts
La Recoleta - 2 posts
FibbyUk's document - Paying taxes in Spain (Non Residents) - 18 posts
Merry Christmas Everyone!!! - 11 posts
amputees in coata blanca, north - 0 posts
Agents for rentals - 1 posts
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year - 0 posts
Working from home in Spain - 4 posts
Corruption - 2 posts
property in Tenerife - 0 posts
What happened to the OTHER thread ? i thought there were TWO on here before ! - 0 posts
Artificial Grass - Good Idea or not? - 0 posts
Spanish builders - 2 posts
Fuente Aloha, Nueva Andelucia - 5 posts
Condes de Iza - 0 posts
Iznajar - Cordoba - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 56

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x