IBI and Basura

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2022 3:36 PM by mirador Star rating in Leicestershire and V.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi Hope you can help We have been paying IBI and Basura regularly for years Out of the blue we have been embargoed for a couple of outstanding bills for IBI going back to 2013 and 2014 which we had no idea we'd missed We are in Almeria - are we still liable for hhese as I thought there was a cutoff oafter 4 years ... THANKS in advance 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2022 11:19 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

We've had this conversation before and I think I recall that, as it is a municipal tax and not a hacienda tax, they can go back 15 years to claim non payment of IBI. Certainly true in the Valencia Region (and others) and the old post (which I can't find) quoted the rule about this time frame.

I know a couple in the same boat and they were "fined" 5% the charge for each year they'd missed so about 24 euro for each year. 

Basura I don't know as we've only recently been paying this separately as it was included in the water rates previously.

This message was last edited by mariedav on 6/17/2022.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2022 11:54 AM by mirador Star rating in Leicestershire and V.... 8 posts Send private message

Thank you I was under the impression it was 5 years and wanted to see what others thought so maybe Im completely wrong !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No escritura - 6 posts
ECB rate increase - 2 posts
Linea Directa - 3 posts
Spain Tax office - 5 posts
If you only spend 3 Months in Spain every Year.... Don't Buy....Rent - 21 posts
Going in Madrid for 3 months - 0 posts
2022 Specialized Turbo Kenevo SL Expert - 0 posts
NIE question - 2 posts
Crossing the Spanish border from France - Unvaccinated UK resident - 3 posts
Selling house - 0 posts
Traveling by road to UK from Murcia - 0 posts
Solicitor for NLV in England - 3 posts
Costaluz Lawyers Won cases in 2022 - 0 posts
Tenants who won't leave - 2 posts
Uploading photos to EOS - 5 posts
Driving in Spain - 0 posts
Saga of dealing with AEAT and witholding tax refunds living in UK - 0 posts
Insurance claim for Fire in Apartment - 3 posts
Key Safe - 8 posts
Enquiries - 1 posts
Sea Crossing to Spain - 1 posts
Bichon Frise for sale - 0 posts
Spanish taxes and British taxes - 5 posts
Receiving proceeds of a sale - 1 posts
Selling in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x