WINTER RENTAL SPAIN

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jan 2021 1:05 PM by Tricia1950 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hello we are a retired couple, homeowners living in UK.  We're looking for an apartment winter rental in Spain for Jan and Feb 2022.  2 beds and 2 wc's.  A must is an indoor pool.  We have 2 tiny pooches, completely house trained, and used to going out each morning and evening to the toilet.  If there is a balcony/verandah, it must be south facing so we can catch some rays and also so that it helps heat the apartment a little for the evening.  I think that covers it, and I look forward to hearing from anyone who has something they think might be suitable.  Oh and parking for  a Jeep.

Like 0      
04 Jan 2021 3:41 PM by Meryt Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Tricia

You haven't mentioned where in Spain you'd like to stay next year.  I assume it will be in the warmest part of Spain during winter...Andalucia?.  Once you know where you want to be, you'll find many agents that can help you and, being that you want to be there for longer than a month, this should give you a good price.

Like 1      
04 Jan 2021 4:05 PM by Tricia1950 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi Meryl and thank you for your reply.  Yes Andalusia is where we're looking. The fly in the ointment is I must have an indoor pool.  I will keep looking.  Tricia

Like 0      
04 Jan 2021 5:20 PM by Meryt Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

This for example?  Warm in the winter....lots of places to go and not too built up.

Since you are looking to rent for more than 4 weeks, do negotiate the price!  We managed to get a 2-bed, 2-bath apartment over the road from the beach, near the shopping centre at Mojacar Playa for 600 euros a month for 3 months...and we could have got something cheaper a bit further from the centre.  We've been to lots of places in Spain but this is our favourite area, by far...lots of little villages and the city of Almeria with its airport only an hour away.

https://www.spainrentalsdirect.co.uk/vera-playa-accommodation/vera-playa-rental-apartment-1913.html

Like 0      
04 Jan 2021 6:18 PM by Tricia1950 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Many thanx Meryl.  I have sent off an enquiry.

Fingers crossed.

Tricia

Like 0      
08 Jan 2021 6:21 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Unless you are an earlybird and want breakfast in the sun I'd go for SW or W and enjoy your evenings with wine and nuts (or whatever) in the sun on your balcony. Many S facing apartments loose the sun just as you need it most.

Dogs and indoor pool restrict your choice. Most pools are outdoor and close at the end of October and many communities ban dogs. Make sure you get the rules of the community when you hire the property. Arriving and finding the president on your doorstep saying the dogs have to go would be a disaster.

Have a greeat winter hol'.

We normaly go at the end of Jan for 6 weeks. Can't see it happening this year.

Tteedd

This message was last edited by tteedd on 08/01/2021.

Like 1      
08 Jan 2021 6:58 PM by Tricia1950 Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

We have found a suitable place with indoor pool, and small pooches are acceptable on the complex but of course have to be kept on leads whilst out walking around the complex.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Early termination of long term lease - 4 posts
Non residents tax being rejected by bank - 3 posts
Utilities - 1 posts
GREAT NEWS - 0 posts
NEED TO CLOSE SANTANDER ACCOUNT FROM ABROAD - 1 posts
EHIC cards - 21 posts
Feliz navidad - 0 posts
Irish passport - 29 posts
Key holding licence in Spain - 3 posts
Gibraltar/La Linea Border - 1 posts
Residencia, tax returns and not in country 183 days - 6 posts
Organised Mortgage Fraud and Caixabank threatening legal action despite knowing this! - 10 posts
Query re latest Supreme Court ruling on IRPH mortgage clauses and the impact on know of ECJ rulings - 1 posts
Do homemade DVD's work in Spain? - 1 posts
advice needed on builder asking for 50% upfront fee prior to starting work - 13 posts
Alternative to Negative PCR Testing before arriving in Spain by Sea or Air - 0 posts
Registering for healthcare in Spain - 2 posts
Tax redemption form sale of property - 12 posts
Living in Spain after Brexit. What worries you? - 9 posts
End of November Podcast with Maria de Castro - 0 posts
Mojacar Magazine Launch - 0 posts
2 month winter rental in the Canaries? - 2 posts
CostaLuz Lawyers are the best - 19 posts
is flu jab mandatory - 2 posts
Advice for Beginners, retiring in Spain! - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x