Hot tub - Jacuzzi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2020 6:37 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I've never been too sure of these things - always seems a bit decadent.  Someone I know bought one and used it non-stop for a week, then got bored with it and hardly used it since. 
But with the cooler weather on the horizon I'm thinking again.

Some basic feedback appreciated.  I've read the bleeb available as much as I can, but like some opinions:

~ is chemical or salt the better system?
~ do they cost much to run?
~ is much cleaning involved?
~ any make/model recommendations?
~ why are some sold as an indoor system?

Like 0      
22 Aug 2020 10:27 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

My mate in Spain has one, on his top sun deck, to be fair he uses it a fair bit, I do know he puts a chemical in it. He has never complained about the cost of running it and the pump seems to be always going, but he has had two pumps?? He cleans it and lets the filters do the work, no idea if this is the correct way, never asked him. Don't know the make. I listened to a sales person last week at a garden centre telling a family about what you ask, sold as indoor, he said yes you can, but surely as they make a fair bit of steam and condensation the room has to be very open, most of the time I would think. My mate has often told me get your trunks and in we go, I have told him I don't ask you to come and sit in my bath at home with me....Not the same I know.

Like 1      
22 Aug 2020 4:36 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We had one a few years ago, sold it to raise the deposit on our Spanish apartment smiley. We had a hard wired installation on the patio which ran to an isolator on the wall, not a 3 pin plug and run off its own RCD and breaker in the dis board. We used chlorine granules and paper filters. It was all quite eay and simple to look after and when finished, we had a big thick polystyrene cover to help keep the heat in. Ours was a 4 person, 3 sitting and 1 lying down. It wasn't overly expensive to run, but electric was cheaper back then. That said, they have probably become more efficient since then anyway. They do produce an awful lot of "steam", especially when cold outside, but you can' beat sitting outside with a beer and watching the snow fall smiley. We keep threatening to get another one, but would now need a crane to get it in the back garden.

Cleaning wise, the chlorine does most of the work. If you make sure people don't get in with sun lotion or other greasy make up and stuff, it keeps it cleaner longer. Make sure your wife doen't drop a bottle of red wine in there either!! You won't necessarily notice it after a water change, but the filters always dry pink afterwards.

This was ours.

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 22/08/2020.

Like 1      
22 Aug 2020 5:23 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies Baz1946 & Markfish - all helps, tho I'm not sure I can keep the wife from spilling the red wine - break the habits of a lifetime?!

Cheers!

Like 1      
22 Aug 2020 5:55 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Bromo is the recommended chemical to use. Chlorine granguals inclined to leave stains.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Resident - 10 posts
COVID 19 Testing - 8 posts
Declaring gift to Spanish Authorities - 4 posts
Understand the situation, please reply if you know - 2 posts
What Legal Rights Does The Mother Of My Son’s Child Have? (Spanish rights) - 4 posts
2nd PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA - 2020 deadline for claims against Banks in off-plan purchases, illegal houses... - 0 posts
1st PODCAST DISCUSSION WITH MARIA : Is NOW a good time to buy? - 0 posts
Punta Prima Commercial Centre - 0 posts
Problem with Telefonica Fija (landline) Phone Incoming Calls last only 3 rings - 2 posts
Question over using a UK bank to take a mortgage on the purchase of a Spanish property ... - 10 posts
Duquesa Village - 0 posts
Wanted: 7-10 day Non-simultaneous holiday home swap in August. - 0 posts
Thank You to Costaluz Lawyers. - 1 posts
Fees to be paid - 1 posts
Job offer but struggling with TIE - 5 posts
La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property - 29 posts
Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts
New resident - 2 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Tax on UK property rental - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x