Job offer but struggling with TIE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2020 6:28 PM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

Hi

I'm looking for advice.  I have just been offered a job in Barcelona but the company are struggling with regard to my paperwork as I now understand I need a TIE/residency, rather than NIE due to Brexit. Im currently live in UK.

I have a flight and accommodation booked but am going around in circles with the Govt website and getting appointments and doing paperwork before my arrival in Barcelona.  

Please can anyone advise a way of how or if, I can do this before I leave the U K please?

Like 0      
21 Jul 2020 8:01 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Don't believe it is possible to do this in UK.

Suggest  you contact mariadecastro ....lawyer....on this site for assistance.

Good luck with you move to Spain.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2020 8:13 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

You will need an NIE. Everyone needs an NIE as it doubles as your tax ID number. Even non residents have to have an NIE as, without it, you can't apply for residency. You can apply for the NIE at the Spanish consulate in UK or do it online and attend an appointment at the National Police station in Barcelona.

You can only apply for a TIE (foreigners ID card) in  the province of residence and that, in the Barcelona area, is with the National Police. You need to complet an EX20 form (initial application for foreigners ID card for British citizens).

You have up to 90 days to apply for the foreigners ID card on arrival in Spain but the NIE is the important one. 

Like 0      
22 Jul 2020 1:16 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The general rule throughout the world is that all types of Visa’s must be obtained externally and residence/work permits are obtained internally. Always best to seek advice from the consulate of that country which you will find is free.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2020 2:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

From  the date of issuing of the Withdrawal agreement it was clear that all UK citizens being residents or registering as residents in the transitional period ( till 31st December 2020) will remain enjoying those rights they had in Spain before Brexit.

The recent instruction which came into force in July 6th sets a starting date for the process for obtaining the TIE for:

- Already residents to obtain the documento de residencia ( TIE) which will explicitly mention that the holder is beneficiary of Withdrawal agreement rights  just through one step: Before Police offices

- Non residents to register (1) first before the Foreign Office and then (2) obtain the documento de residencia ( TIE) before the Police offices

Hope this clarifies

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Jul 2020 4:12 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If the job that you have been offered is on a self employed basis then you will have trouble getting a resident permit....if it's a job that you have been offered  that pays you N.I contribution & tax you should have no problems getting a residents permit... either way you can't get a residents permit unless you live permanently in Spain.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Tercia or Corvera Golf holiday property - 29 posts
Bank transfer from Spain to U.K. - 2 posts
Things that will affect resident brits after 31st Dec 2020 - 50 posts
Padron - 6 posts
Two new European Court Decissions on Abusive Clauses in Spanish Mortgages - 0 posts
Padron - 1 posts
Community AGM - 6 posts
New resident - 2 posts
Mojacar Magazine - 0 posts
Tax on UK property rental - 1 posts
Missing 3% retention refund from the tax office - 4 posts
Looking for advice for buying holiday home in spain - 4 posts
New forms for Reidency in Spain of UK citizens - 21 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Arrivals from UK - 0 posts
Ownership quotas and community fees - 6 posts
Selling Property in Spain - 1 posts
New member seeking advice - 22 posts
Were you affected by Amber Sun? - 4 posts
Masks to be worn by everybody incl Tourists when Applicable - 2 posts
dermatoligist - 0 posts
Making a Spanish Will - 3 posts
Candy CDCP 6 dishwasher machine - 0 posts
720 and other forms - 1 posts
New Years eve - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x