New forms for Reidency in Spain of UK citizens

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2020 3:43 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Today, 6th of July, three new forms have been made public for registration of UK nationals and their family members in Spain in order to  permanent and definitive accreditation of  residency rights. 

What does it mean--- in short and plain terms?

It means that if you are already a resident in Spain, you do not need to wait till January 2021 to obtain the document that proves your residency in Spain and shows you are holder of the rights included in the Withdrawal agreement.

Temporary resdency documents will have a validity of 5 years and permanent ones will have a validity of 10 years

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 06/07/2020.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Jul 2020 10:14 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

2012 we were issued with a " permanente" green card. 
From my understanding, with this, it is not necessary to change to TIE. Are you now saying the opposite. Maria?

Also have photo ID on our Spanish driving licences.

thx

Like 0      
07 Jul 2020 7:12 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Floella:

Yes, you need to get the card with proves in a definitive way that your are beneficiary of the rights of permanency in Spain contained in the withdrawal agreement. You can do it now, you do not need to wait till end of December 2020

We will be pleased to advise you further on this

Best wishes

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
07 Jul 2020 8:12 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Except that the Moncloa advice site on life after Brexit says that you don't have to change your green card for a TIE.

2. I have a registration certificate. Can I continue to reside in Spain?

Yes, you may continue to reside in Spain. Both registration certificates - green certificate - and EU citizen family cards obtained before the end of the transition period, will serve to prove your legal residence in Spain at a later date and benefit from the forecasts of the Withdrawal Agreement.

Plus, there are no appointments available at the National Police stations in the Alicante province at the moment anyway.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2020 11:18 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

There were appointments yesterday (Monday 6/7/2020) for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Alicante

Like 0      
07 Jul 2020 11:32 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Not when I tried for our neighbours. Kept coming up with no appointments available.

Same this morning but that was for the initial application EX20. Didn't try the EX23.

But, yes, just tried it on the EX23 procedure and one Alicante office is coming up with appointments.

Like 1      
08 Jul 2020 4:57 PM by honeywater Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Are they now attending face to face or are we talking about virtual appointments?

Like 0      
08 Jul 2020 5:45 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

09 Jul 2020 8:40 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

For those of you who still are not residents in Spain, online assistance through registered inmigration lawyers is possible. We can assist you with that.

Kind regards

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
09 Jul 2020 5:56 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Now, I'm not saying that all solicitors in Spain are rip off merchants and I'm sure there must be one or two good ones out there.

However, on another site, someone has posted that they've been contacted by their solicitors who say they can obtain the new TIE (as residents so simply changing the current green card) at a cost of €299 per person.

So that's 299 euro for a document that costs a euro or two for the photos and €15.40 fee.

If this was Denmark there'd be something rotten in the state.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2020 8:16 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

But this sort of practice has been going on for decades, solicitors, accountants, even €40 to renew your British passport. Many and most things can be done DIY for next to nothing, it’s the consumer’s choice.surprise

Like 0      
09 Jul 2020 8:18 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

We have a appointment in Alicante next week for our TIE, filled in application forms on line down loaded, downloaded Padron (as we have a electronic sig so no need to go to Town Hall). paid our application fee 12 euros at bank,had  photos taken 12 euros for the two of us. I have read in a Malaga blogfrom someone who have done it probally same here , that at office when you go, 2 index finger prints taken, they take the Green card off you and give you a piece of paper valid for 45 days to say you are changing card,make a appointment to collect in 30 days, having new TIE you dont need to carry your passport around with you and can be used in the whole of spain as ID. 

So anybody paying  over above fees are getting ripped off

Like 0      
09 Jul 2020 8:42 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 804 posts Send private message

Since having my 1st Spanish driving licence, with photo ID,  8 years ago have never carried my passport and have only once been asked to produce it and that was local ayuntamiento checking if we were still on the pardon. The fact that passport had expired wasn't a problem as it was the number they were interested in. 
However I keep reading about Brits living here having to produce ID, particularly passport, and wondering why.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2020 10:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Recent regulation on Brexit residencies below: you can read on Provision Cuarta ( Fourth), Number 3.d) that if the UK National is still not holder of a resudency registry certificate, the application can be submitted either by him of his representative ( that is the reason professinals charge a fee), in the Foreign Office of the provice he resides or plan to resides or through electronic means. Once this is granted, he will have to go to Police Offices where the document will be isssued after payment of corresponding fees.

So, it s not that it is essential to use a representative to file a residency application but there might be people who will find that doing it online and trough a representative is a convenient way to start the process and be sure that all is made according to the rules, specially in a foreigh country.

Official publication of the said regulation below:

https://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-A-2020-7276

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jul 2020 4:18 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

If you can do the TIE on line how do they take your fingerprint, as i have read this will be on your TIE like the old card ¿

Like 0      
13 Jul 2020 11:26 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Just been to Foreigners office in Alicante to change green card to new TIA , 3 members of my Family with appointments 09.10,09.20.09.40, all paper work in tact, finger prints taken all 3 done and dusted out by 09.43, collect from campo de mirra Forigners office in 3 weeks, well impressed 

Like 0      
13 Jul 2020 2:55 PM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Of someone is not resident, but wants to be, is the TIE the document the person needs not residencia? Thank you anyone that can tell me!

Like 0      
13 Jul 2020 8:59 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

As of July 6th, the TIE (foreigners ID card) replaced the green card you got for being on the register of EU foreign nationals residing in Spain which people referred to as residencia (should really be registro).

So it does the same job as the previous card but, if you are British, you will no longer be in the EU. If you are Irish or other EU nationality you will still get the green registro card.

Just a different form to fill in (EX20) now but criteria until the end of the year are the same.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2020 8:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Nitram:

In answer to your question, please have comments below in bold green:

If you can do the TIE on line how do they take your fingerprint, as i have read this will be on your TIE like the old card ¿

Application is made online and once the process is completed, a presential appointment is granted for signature and fingerprint.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 14/07/2020.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Jul 2020 11:30 AM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Hi Marie.

To a certain degree , we went to the Foreigns web paged, completed the ex 23 on line printed it off with payment slip,went to bank and paid, had photos took got copys of green card, paspport padron etc then we made a appointment. Then our expirance yesterday previous [post

I think people may be confused in that the  application and procedure can all  be done on line,  yes all relevent forms can be completed and printed off, and youn still have to make a appointment, well here in Alicante you do, there is no automatic appointment given when filling out forms.But thank you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 0 posts
Malaga Airport Arrivals from UK - 0 posts
Ownership quotas and community fees - 6 posts
Selling Property in Spain - 1 posts
New member seeking advice - 22 posts
Were you affected by Amber Sun? - 4 posts
Masks to be worn by everybody incl Tourists when Applicable - 2 posts
dermatoligist - 0 posts
Making a Spanish Will - 3 posts
Candy CDCP 6 dishwasher machine - 0 posts
720 and other forms - 1 posts
New Years eve - 1 posts
ELS ex clients trying to get access to papers/documents - 11 posts
Pool - 6 posts
non residents tax murcia - 6 posts
Residents - 17 posts
Looking for someone to visit a Farmacia for me - 0 posts
Pesty Fruit flies/Baby Flies in your Kitchen & Fruit Bowl in Lounge/Dinning - 1 posts
Flights - 6 posts
Death of Owner - UK Based - 2 posts
Certificates of Registries and Legalizations (CRyL) - 3 posts
las palas - 10 posts
Do you need to speak Spanish when taking your car for an ITV - 6 posts
High Recommendation - 0 posts
swimming pools - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x