swimming pools

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2020 2:37 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

How do you work out how many people are allowed in a community pool at any one time.

We have a pool with area 80m2

Like 0      
18 May 2020 3:29 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

In those non-covid times it was 20 sq ft per person (long time ago when I worked in a council pool in UK)

So,about 1.85 sq m per person. In your case, 80 sq m would be 43 people.

Now, it used to be different depending on the depth as well but I can't remember what that was.

When pools can open in Phase 2 (I think) it will be a maximum capacity of 30% so you will be reduced to about 13 or 14 people allowed in the pool at any one time to maintain the 2m distancing.

Like 1      
18 May 2020 3:42 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Surely that would depend on how fat / large these people are, I mean even with 2 metres apart you would actually get less fat people in then skinnys, also the depth has to be considered, and when swimming past fatties, or even a skinny, someone would have to move to keep within the law, then you have another problem if said pool has a diving board, move when in the pool and you might get in the other swimmers two metre area, 

Really is a very complicated equation to work out, me if I saw 200 hundred in this pool I wouldn't go in, reason being I like a little bit of room, then again if only one, would I go in, probably if it were a blonde, skinny dipping 24 years old , but then I would do that if 200 were in the pool anyway, and make sure I stayed within her 2 meters.

Like 2      
18 May 2020 4:10 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps this would be a good question for the insurance company that insures the community pool, and get it in writing. 

Like 1      
22 May 2020 12:45 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

From what I have read of ALL the government regulations or restrictions on opening of pools under Phase 2, I can see NO way most Communities will be able to comply either financially or administratively, which is going to be a major problem over June/July, unless regulations are further softened.

This message was last edited by hugh_man on 22/05/2020.

Like 1      
22 May 2020 6:47 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

From our Community Administrator after debate...

As you may know, the National Government will allow the use of pools in communities of owners in Stage 2 of the de-escalation. Such stage will come into force, in the areas that the Government decides according to the established parameters, next Monday, May 25th, 2020.

It’s official that the Región de Murcia Authorities will request that the whole Región (except Totana) be included in Stage 2. The National Authorities’ decision will most likely be communicated on Friday, 22nd.

The Instructions of the Government for the use of pools in Stage 2 are too complex for the communities of owners, which has unleashed a wave of complaints by community administrators and pool maintenance companies because it is not possible to comply with all the requirements and many of them entail big expenses.

Level of Security, if it is provided, amongst other rules, the capacity of the pools is to be reduced to 30% of their full capacity, a method for reserving a time slot by appointment and different shift schedules will be required.
In addition, a security perimeter of 2 meters should be established for pool users, where their belongings can be kept.
Supposedly, these additional security implementations, apart from creating management problems, will also have a very high economic cost, since it will practically force a person to be vigilant and guard each pool on a daily basis. Obviously, the community will have to incur this extra cost.

On a technical level, cleaning and disinfection of up to three times a day is required depending on the type of installation and surrounding furniture, as well as the use of specific disinfectants.
Likewise, last Thursday the Ministry of Health published a protocol for maintenance companies, which includes: 
  • Thorough cleaning.
  • Installation of dispensers for sanitizing gel.
  • Provide individual plastic bags to each pool user to store their belongings within their own security perimeter.
  • Special treatments to the water.
  • Continual comprehensive control of the water quality.
  • Etc.

The pool maintenance companies working in our Community have confirmed that, for the time being, they are not in a position to be able to provide this type of service within the required conditions and any added cost will be paid by the Community. 

All these matters have been discussed by the Board and RESORTALIA at length. Due to the difficulty of implementing these rules and their high costs, it’s been decided that the Community pools will not be opened.

We hope that the established requirements will be relaxed in the near future or in the successive stages of the de-escalation so that we can implement a protocol, in which we’re already working, for the use and the enjoyment of our swimming pools. Thank you.

Like 2      
23 May 2020 12:01 PM by actcnm Star rating in villamartin . 17 posts Send private message

Thank you hugh_man, it says that you must reduce your capacity to 30%, how do I find what the full capacity is. One of our pools are 280m2 the other is 80m2 .

Like 0      
24 May 2020 12:51 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Ask your Community Administrator.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2020 10:55 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Our Administrators have told us it will cost 200€ per property to open the pool for July & August, to be decided by email vote, a majority decision.  A friend in another community tells me their Adminitrators require a  unanimous vote.  Which is correct?

Like 0      
18 Jun 2020 2:02 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Ha ha, the usual Spanish dilemma.

Ask 5 different experts for an opinion and you will get 5 different opinions.

I think you have to accept the interpretation that your own Administrator utilises as they are the one covered by Community Insurance.

I d be surprised that you would need a unanimous vote on what is, after all a budgetary item but perhaps there is an opinion which suggests those who can't use the pools may not want to pay.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, at the end of the day if your Community has lots of owners from Madrid the pools will be used.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Carpenter needed near Benahavis - 0 posts
Community fees - 15 posts
Ceramic tile marks. - 3 posts
Best Raw Food Diet for Dogs in Spain? - 0 posts
House sale - 5 posts
Return to uk - 3 posts
You haven’t seen anything yet. - 2 posts
Correos in Spain - 6 posts
Apartment shutdown - 9 posts
Holiday rental refund - 8 posts
Corona virus - 30 posts
Access to a doctor - 4 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--so far in 2020 - 2 posts
Summer 2020 - 7 posts
Police in Spain are impounding Gibraltar registered cars - 4 posts
Your Spanish Bank May now owe you money - 3 posts
Mortgages Under 50000 euros - 8 posts
Community Fees deferral? - 9 posts
Gib. Airport - 11 posts
post from uk - 2 posts
Ground floor damp - 17 posts
211 Form - 5 posts
Panic Buying - 10 posts
Any legal questions related to Coronavirus situation in Spain? - 84 posts
What must you put in a furnished apartment? - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x