amazon firestick

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2020 9:55 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi, for several years we have subscribed to Filmon for €149.00 py. I have been told of amazon firestick which apparently one can load with uk tv channels. I would appreciate knowing whether anyone has one of these sticks and if it works ok over here. thanks nic.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2020 12:11 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Like 0      
30 Jan 2020 5:22 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

30 Jan 2020 7:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Personally  i think Filmon  better than  a firetick ...you will still need to subscribe to get anything of interest on the fire stick.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2020 10:54 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker, Thanks for that. May I ask why you consider Filmon to be better. This years subs are £149.00 and I think amazon is about £79.00. Amazon waffle on about having a tv licence and having to change from uk account to spanish.

I would have the stick sent to a uk address anyway. I shall be interested to know your preference for filmon. thanks nic.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2020 7:56 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Firstly..I don't use a fire stick as they are prone to buffering ... especially when you are trying to watch a channel that is ment for the UK viewers only...I have been using a android TV box that I bought off eBay these are much better than any fire stick... with no buffering if you are going to buy one get one with a minimum of a 8 core processor...as for the price of the subscription to Filmon of £149... against £79 for a fire stick the main reason for this is Filmon gives you at least 10 time's more channels to watch... from all around the world not just the UK.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2020 5:13 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker, Many thanks. The tv android box sounds interesting. Did you buy one pre-loaded and may I ask the name of the box. I really am not interested in millions of channels just the basic bbc and itv. We watch movies and tv series that I download from a torrent client. Thanks nic.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2020 8:27 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

All the android boxes are preloaded ..but it is very easy to download any apps that takes your fancy...you can download load Netflix / Movie box pro / Filmon and UK free view TV ...you can subscribe to Netflix UK for £6 per month and watch it in Spain ..just make sure you buy a android box with at least a 8 core processor ...the TV boxes are around £50 for a good one.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2020 11:46 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker, thanks very much for  the info. regards nic

Like 0      
31 Jan 2020 11:46 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Windtalker, thanks very much for  the info. regards nic

Like 0      
01 Feb 2020 11:24 AM by rowenab Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We have used a guy in the UK for years. His android boxes are excellent and cheap. You can also send them back to him for updating (at a small cost) if you're not technically minded

I can't post his email address on here as apparently my account has not yet been approved even though I've had it for years.

If you are interested and can think of a way to get his email adress to you let me know

Like 0      
03 Feb 2020 3:39 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

I have 2 firesticks on the go, I have a guy in the UK who I pay £100.00 per year for the 2 or £60 for the 1. He provided the information how to set it up over the phone by text and when i was up and running I paid him via paypal. I have all the UK/Irish channles, sports/movies/usa/Canada tv , catch up, movie store, series. He's very proactive, sends out text when he's updating server's etc, You would need decent internet 

Like 0      
03 Feb 2020 5:22 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Guys, Many thanks for the info. Perhaps I am dealing with this incorrectly. I am proposing that a friend in uk purchase a firestick and register it at their address.Then bring the stick over to me and I turn on my VPN to "england"and I pop the stick inio my smart tv; having perhaps loaded a few more free channels. I am not proposing to subscribe to Prime. Have I got this completely round my neck or is my plan feasable. Thanks nic

Like 0      
03 Feb 2020 6:04 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

it will work perfectly that way and with the vpn. thats what i did but i also pay for the iptv.

Like 1      
03 Feb 2020 8:44 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Many thanks Fhanrah.

Like 1      
05 Feb 2020 5:43 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

As a matter of interest to those using a firestick with vpn, apparently the crafty bbc are implementing a vpn detection system. I have just emailed my vpn provider to ask whether their system will overide the bbc. I shall post the result. nic

Like 0      
05 Feb 2020 5:55 PM by Fhanrah Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Netflixs did this and it took a while, but back to normal with the vpn

Like 0      
05 Feb 2020 9:15 PM by nicbax Star rating in Fuengirola. 195 posts Send private message

Hi Fhanrah, Thanks for that; most interesting. Apparently vpn providers are fully aware of what the bbc is up to and have designated servers to thwart bbc`s little game. I have heard back from my vpn provider who assures me that their system will work fine with bbc, itv etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Will the Supreme Court grant Consumer Law status to Law 57/68 debate? - 2 posts
Tax rebate for British Erasmus student - 2 posts
All won cases by CostaLuz Lawyers-- off plan refunds and Floor Clause-- so far in 2020 - 0 posts
All won cases by Costaluz Lawyers-- off plan refunds--in 2019 - 0 posts
sparkey clarkey electrician - 1 posts
CGT - 5 posts
Taxes as an online teacher - 5 posts
Becoming an estate agent - 13 posts
bank charges - 5 posts
Planning bathroom upgrade should a bathroom fan be considered - 6 posts
Moving to Spain because of BREXIT - 8 posts
Alicante airport fire - 2 posts
Holiday home in Almeria - 4 posts
Garden Rubbish - 15 posts
healthcare working in Gib living in Spain - 6 posts
Mercadona Renovations - 4 posts
Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Joining two Apartments together in an Apartment Block - 7 posts
Security advice, please - 2 posts
Which area to live in Spain - 4 posts
How do I get my apartment back? - 12 posts
Does anyone actually understand reclaiming Witholding Tax on Share Dividends if you are a UK resident - 30 posts
Bank´s liability on custody of off plan funds - 56 posts
Merry Christmas from CostaLuz Lawyers - 0 posts
Caretaker Government in Madrid trying to block the planning amnesty for rural homes in Andalusia - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x