AMBULATORIA ESTEPONA DISCRIMINATION

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2019 10:11 AM by EmilyWinchesterson Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

We do not live in Spain and are here on holiday, my husband became ill, I took him to the ambulatoria in Estepona, we thought he had an infection, they prescribed antibiotics TWICE did not perform any tests, in UK they have been monitoring his prostate, we told the consutant at home we were coming on holiday to Spain and he said no problems.  After seeing two different doctors at the Estepona ambulatoria and them removing the catheter on THursday we had to return on Friday again because the catheter needed to be installed again.   Arrived ambulatoria and we have NEVER encountered such discrimination in all our lives, we were treated like lepers, the doctor gave the impression we were here to secure surgery in Spain, which is NOT TRUE, we are returning home and will be very very glad to do so.   If I had been in UK I would have began action against her!   I did do LAW   God help you all if we leave EU because you will all have problems

Like 1      
12 Oct 2019 12:30 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

If you were dissatisfied with Spain’s NHS, why did you not go to a private hospital with your, permanent health insurance, travel insurance or credit card? If you are a QC you would know these procedures.

Like 3      
13 Oct 2019 8:22 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

I have heard of many cases of when UK citizens have went to a Spanish Hospital for emergency treatment and the Hospital would not accept the EHIC... apparently the EHIC is only really for small emergency's ..and if you are going on holidaying anywhere in the EU you do require a private holiday health insurance as well for treatment...you often read about people that have gone to Spain on holiday and require flying home in a air ambulance due to having a bad accident or worst still died ...the UK EHIC will not cover this emergency flight home ..this is why you need to have a private holiday insurance in place before you go on holiday...  myself and my partner have had a holiday home in Spain for the passed 12 year's that we spend 2 week's in out of every six throughout the year we have always had private holiday insurance in place...as the EHIC cannot be relied upon..  as original poster said god help you all when the UK leaves the so called EU...UK expats have had it large in Spain in the passed...this without a doubt will change in the near future.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/10/2019.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2019 5:54 PM by EmilyWinchesterson Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi

First let me explain, I am NOT a QC, I worked in legal sector helping those who could not afford a solicitor.   We do have private medical insurance but in the rush getting everything packed I left the policy details at home in my other handbag foolishly,  I contacted the provider we were with and we renewed with another company and I cannot thin who they are, I changed my lap top too thus I cannot search for the new firm.   However the behaviour of the person at the ambulatoria is not acceptable, my heart goes out to those who have no choice.   However, I have known many people who do travelled to euro  to secure medical treatment, but you cannot judge the book by the cover.   I intend to ask friends in the medical profession at home in UK what their procedure is for exfran. patients needing urgent treatment, there is also another factor here, many airlines refuse the passenger board if they are ill.   Our friend was rushed to hospital in Spain n an ambulance they insisted he paid and he had to claim it back from UK the hospital refused to do his MRI with the payment in advance!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2019 9:14 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Emily, what qualifications do you actually have in law to advise people? Why were you in a rush to pack, did you not pre book your flight? Why don’t you keep your health insurance policy with your passport?

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fuengirola - 2 posts
SPANISH LESSONS MOJACAR - 2 posts
iPad battery - 1 posts
Hi from an Owner in Tenerife - 13 posts
Yearly Tax on Form 210 for non-residents - 1 posts
Helpline in English for Santander es? - 20 posts
Business Non_Profit Cheque Account closed at Solbank in 2019 - 3 posts
Tamara Essex - 0 posts
WEATHER MOJACAR PLAYA - 3 posts
Pre house purchase Walk Through - 4 posts
Recent Storms - 8 posts
Builder looking for work - 27 posts
Rental sites - 8 posts
Returning after 6 years in UK - 76 posts
I'm selling my 2 bedroom flat in Torrequebrada(Malaga) - 2 posts
RECIPROCITY - IN A 'NO DEAL ' CONTEXT - 18 posts
Latest weather and Murcia airport - 24 posts
Operation Yellow Hammer - 159 posts
A Cunning Plan.. - 4 posts
Funeral Plan Sellers - 25 posts
renewing passport - 22 posts
Am I a "squatter"? - 13 posts
A Real Indiana Jones - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford to Murcia Ryanair Winter Flights Cancelled - 1 posts
Changing to individual water accounts - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x