Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Aug 2019 15:16 by riverbird Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I’ve owned a property in Spain for several years. It’s fairly remote and is supplied with non potable water by the Town Hall. There is no water company involved. The so called ‘water manager’ or plumber who has a part time contract with the Town Hall turns our supply off every so often which allows the pressure to other users to be increased. I don’t have a major issue with this as I have a 1000 litre holding deposit which keeps me going. The problem arises when they neglect to turn our supply on again. I’ve been without a water supply for almost a month, the authorities don’t seem to care. I have other issues too in that the water metre is situated far from the property & if there’s a leak I’m not aware until I receive a bill. It jumped from 90€ to 1300€ for the year two years ago. I’ve asked if the metre can be moved closer to my property but the plumber has told me NO. I contacted a solicitor but the company do not have sufficient ‘rural land’ knowledge to assist me. If anyone has any suggestions or rural land knowledge your input would be much appreciated.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2019 15:41 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 942 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Sell up and move on. Sounds like you were buying problems when you originally purchased it.

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 1      
05 Aug 2019 16:31 by GuyT Star rating. 487 posts Send private message

You could sink a borehole. You risk about €8k - €10k if they drill down 100 meters but don't find water. If they do find it, it will cost another $5k or so to install a submersible pump, line the hole, put a tap on the top, etc.

Ask around for a local "pozos y sondeos" company. They will send someone out who can tell you who they have drilled for nearby, what the result was, and what the cost will be.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Watching Football Training in Barcelona - 0 posts
Horizontal Property Law and Apartment Block Barbecues - 2 posts
Drones and traffic fines - 17 posts
Spanish Law/HPL - 5 posts
CBD Capsules - 5 posts
Guardamar or torrevieja - 3 posts
Banking - 6 posts
Buying Beef - 5 posts
Patronato De Recaudacion Provincial. - 3 posts
Losing my NIE/TIE - 5 posts
Bringing plants to Spain - 3 posts
inter active cadastral map of spain - 0 posts
Property Extensions and community charges - 9 posts
Won appeal court hearing! - 12 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Urbanization Cabo Romano, La Manga Del Mar Menor - 0 posts
Driving 'motos' in Spain - 4 posts
extra fees for rental properties - 56 posts
Utilities changeover - 5 posts
CostaluzLawyers fight against Banks very much ON! - 4 posts
Can you purchase a used car and obtain insurance in Spain with a United States drivers license Without owning property? - 4 posts
What Power do the community Magament have - 14 posts
Registered Club Bank Account in Spain - 0 posts
Community Charges - Finding the person who manages the accounts - 5 posts
Bank account commission in Spain to be capped at €3 a month - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x