Water Company (help)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2019 9:32 AM by jl123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Has anybody had any experience with renewing a contract with Hidrogea? Last year my water was disconnected, maybe longer than that, presumably one of the payments bounced because my account is continually emptied by "Embargos", until now I knew nothing about, but that is another matter (which I'm very annoyed about).

I have rang Hidrogea 3 times now to get my water reconnected; as we fly out in a few weeks and planned to stay at the property, something we have been unable to do recently. The lady on the other end, although her English is good, is very unhelpful and rude and I'm simply not getting anywhere.

I have contacted my solicitor who is always very helpful for advice on the embargos and advice on Hidrogea. She contacted Hidrogea on my behalf to sort this out, but Hidrogea won't provide her with much info due to 'data protection laws'. Another phone call from me to try and give permission for them to let her handle it.

The only information she did give us is that I have an outstanding balance of 234 euro's which is 5 seperate receipts/5 quarters outstanding. I was fully expecting there to be a reconnection charge ( there is!! 150 Euros as well as the outstanding bills) but to pay for each quarter that no water was supplied to the property what so ever seems wrong? I still can't get my head around utilities being disconnected without any notice due to a bill not being able paid on the first attempt!

Thanks

J

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 1:42 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

You can contact them yourself via e mail

https://www.hidrogea.es/en/web/hidrogea/claims-and-complaints

The outstanding amounts that you owe will be for the "rental" of your water meter.

Good Luck

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 2:11 PM by jl123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply, I tried to use the email form however, it fails to send as it says my passport number is in the incorect fotmat, or my NIE is in the incorrect format and the telephone is in the incorrect format. I've tried dozens of times

This company is a nightmare to deal with and Im running out of options! Difficult to speak to on the phone as they are simply not intestered, cant contact them via email and they won't allow my Spanish solicitor to deal with it.

J

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 3:02 PM by jl123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I have just spoken to Hidrogea again and I have now paid off the outstanding balance.

She said I needed to set up a new contract. Does anybody know exactly which documents they require?

She said a 2nd ocupation document (Why do I need to get a 2nd one?)

Something about a 'plumber' document

Proof of ownership

NIE Bank account

If anybody knows exactly which documents they require it would be much appreciated if you could let me know and hopefully I can get my water reconnected

Many thanks

J

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 3:10 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

It happened to a friend and the key piece required is a "boletin" supplied by a plumber that says he has inspected the installation. Generally they don't and just happy to be paid for the certificate.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 3:28 PM by jl123 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thank you, It seems I need a new Habitation license, I have just been reading up on this and it's saying we have to get an architect to go to the property then the Town hall have to issue the new certificate!! 

Has anybody else had to deal with this? We are due to fly to Spain in less than 5 weeks and as it stands we have no water!! 

Is there anything I can do to get this sorted?

Any help is much appreciated

J

Like 0      
25 Jun 2019 3:48 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Have a look at this, it may help

https://www.abacoadvisers.com/buying-in-spain/habitation-certificate-in-spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LOOKING FOR LONG TERM RENTAL WITH INDOOR POOL - 2 posts
Will - 5 posts
Spanish utility bills paid from UK Bank. - 4 posts
obtaining hearing aids - 11 posts
Moving to Nerja and finding a school - 3 posts
Spain’s monumental glut of new homes is still massive - 75 posts
No escritura for EMASA - 21 posts
NEW SPANISH MORTGAGE LAW - 13 posts
Case won by Costs Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
airbnb in Majorca - 0 posts
Costaluz lawyers - 0 posts
Full list of cases won by Costaluz-DeCastro in 2019 - 0 posts
Two Recently Won Cases against banks at the Supreme Court by CostaLuz Lawyers and DeCastro teams - 10 posts
Executors/Probate - 6 posts
Somewhere not too hot! - 5 posts
Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 28 posts
Help with Adsense, Please - 1 posts
Yogurts with Live Cultures - 6 posts
Problems with Bankia in 2019 - 12 posts
TV reception Sucina, Murcia - 5 posts
Parking fees Costa del Sol hospital - 0 posts
Sky Remote Control - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x