Executors/Probate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jun 2019 9:43 PM by Plumpie Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi  my partner died 2 years ago his children the executors will not deal with all the paperwork to sell me his share of our villa also this needs to be sorted out as I still have to pay his costs of our bank account and Spanish taxes they are refusing to deal with it all or send the probate papers what can I do they don't speak to me or reply to solicitors letters

Like 0      
09 Jun 2019 2:18 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

You probably need to provide a few more facts. Did the will cover multiple countries? Was it executed in UK or Spain? If the will was in UK and probate has been applied for there, you can obtain a copy of the will. It depends on a whole lot of variables. If the Villa is in  joint names all parties would need to agree a sale, so nothing changes in the interim.

Juan

Like 0      
09 Jun 2019 3:05 PM by Plumpie Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

My partner had made an English will  his children/executors said I had to buy his share and stipulated an amount I had to pay I agreed but when they had to provide the probate papers and deal with poa they have stopped communication they just wanted to take money from me and do nothing else but Spanish law doesn't just work like that  so I am left with just paying his taxes in Spain although he has been gone 2 years it could be sorted out the solicitor was willing to do it but they won't cooperate 

Like 0      
10 Jun 2019 9:35 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

And so have you had sight of the will? If not obtain a copy on line. It only costs a few quid. It may stipulate something in there. Having gone through the experience of losing a partner, the Spanish authorities are very rigid about procedures and removing somebody from an account, mortgage, property is nigh on impossible until certificates, probate, taxes are dealt with. You should point out to them that failing to notify the death to the Spanish authorities and paying death duties within the stipulated timeframe carries penalties in itself.

Jaun

Like 1      
10 Jun 2019 10:09 AM by Plumpie Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you Jaun for your reply I do have a copy of the will I also have an equal share to the executors  but  was never accepted as his partner for 25 years since his death they have continued to be difficult about everything and seem to refuse to settle any of their duties to complete their fathers wishes and do not reply to solicitors letters

Like 0      
10 Jun 2019 3:02 PM by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

If you are a beneficiary in the will you can challenge them in Probate Court

Like 0      
11 Jun 2019 7:59 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Plumpie:

It is difficult for me to tell you without seeing not just the probate documents ( including will) buut also the property deeds

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Somewhere not too hot! - 5 posts
Can they really do this? - 4 posts
good service in Barcelona! - 0 posts
Gardenwaste - 2 posts
First Time Purchase in Spain - 28 posts
Help with Adsense, Please - 1 posts
Yogurts with Live Cultures - 6 posts
Problems with Bankia in 2019 - 12 posts
TV reception Sucina, Murcia - 5 posts
Parking fees Costa del Sol hospital - 0 posts
Sky Remote Control - 8 posts
Who should be next UK PM? - 372 posts
How much notice does a landlord need to give - 13 posts
Costaluz won cases in 2019 - 2 posts
OAPs dependants allowance - 7 posts
how things have changed over the years.. - 2 posts
CASARES del SOL - Court Case Won - 0 posts
Tax refund Mistake - 25 posts
Are your agents giving your property the best? - 6 posts
Hi everyone - 1 posts
Relationship split but joint owned property - 12 posts
Administrator - 3 posts
Car transport to Spain - 6 posts
Legal house on "suelo no urbanizable" - 10 posts
Driving to spain - 31 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x