NIE new form

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Apr 2019 9:20 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

Hello again; I wonder if anyone can throw light....a Brit neighbour has been told by her bank manager that she needs a new form to go with her NIE. It seems to be a form confirming that her passport, NIE and address are all current & linked up. She, in turn has spoken to another friends who confirmed this requirement... they wouldn't renew her IVT without it. She has been told to make an appointment at provincial police HQ (Caceres in our case) and take passport, NIE, padron, etc. Does anyone know what this form is called? M gracias, Guy

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 2:05 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

This is the oficcial current form:

http://extranjeros.mitramiss.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/15-Formulario_NIE_y_certificados_FEB19.pdf

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 10/04/2019.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Apr 2019 3:34 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Guy, sorry but I cannot guess what you may mean.  

It will depend on several things.  The best way is to ask the bank what they need and why.   An NIE never needs renewing, nor does an EU Citizen Reg Cert.  A passport is either valid or not,

If a person is not resident has a bank account, then they will have an NIE. That is a fiscal ID number.  One needs to produce a cert of non residence every couple of years

If the person is resident then they will (should) have an EU Citizen Registration certificate (green A4 or credit card sized piece of paper).  

If  they are non EU nationals, then they will have a Residencia.

Maria has shown a link to form EX15, for anyone who needs to apply for an NIE.  But as I said the number never expires, although for a few months a couple of years ago,  the certicate only had a three month validity.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2019 9:25 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

OK...all has been revealed. The friend...who is 78...finally got the "new NIE form".

I said "Let me have a look....hmmm...it looks just like my NIE...what's the difference between this and your old form?"

"What old form?"

The friend has been living in Spain for 28 years (her husband died two years ago). She has, she swears, never had an NIE form. She was given her NIE all those years ago but just wrote the number down. Neither she nor hubby have ever been Spanish residents...back to UK or Switzerland hubby Swiss) for medical treatment. They have bought and sold umpteen properties and cars. She held down a job in Madrid for a few years. I suspect hubby had an NIE form. So, no wonder her bank manager eventually asked to see her form.

She was flying even further beneath the radar than she knew, lol. Thanks, John & Maria for trying to help. As Donald Rumsfeld said, it's the unknown unknowns that tend to be the difficult ones to answer.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Traffic Fines - Phishing scam - 3 posts
Help - Father passed away - can't get money from Bank - 7 posts
Game of Thrones Season 8 - 3 posts
Short-term rental contract help - 2 posts
Big valuations of the past are favourable for you now if you want to sell your Spanish property - 0 posts
Abandoned Villages in Spain: come and buy one! - 0 posts
Is the EU responsible for Brexit chaos - 207 posts
New to the community! - 1 posts
Finding a reliable contractor - 5 posts
itv - 4 posts
NIE number online? - 1 posts
Firstone.tv shut down - 12 posts
Patronising "No Reply" email - 153 posts
UK Registered Car - 18 posts
Contingency Decree for Hard Brexit - 4 posts
New Mortgage Act in Spain - 0 posts
New Royal Decree on Housing Rental - 0 posts
Anyone in Illora, Granada - 1 posts
Resin sun loungers - 2 posts
Buying apartment - Fees - 48 posts
Manchester House Buyers - 1 posts
Ammex Administrators - Sabinillas - 3 posts
Northerners - 7 posts
WH Smith Corvera Airport Rip Off Water - 10 posts
Introduction - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x