Introduction

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2019 6:19 PM by cotswoldtony Star rating in Cotswolds. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,

I would like to introduce myself and share my recent winter break experience to the southern region of Spain.

I am a mature, retired, fit, outgoing single guy residing in the Cotswolds who hates the dark cold winter months in the

U K,  so I rented an apartment in the mountain village of Competa for December, January and February.

It was fabulous, the clean fresh mountain air with sunshine most days and only 3 days of rain.in 3 months made the winter in Spain a great outside experience better than some U K summers.

The daylight hours made a huge difference with the shortest day being light until nearly 6 p.m. with stunning sunsets over the mountains.

The food was wonderful fish being my favourite with great wines dining al fresco during the sunny days more times than in the U K summer months..

I am now planning my return visit for next winter and would welcome any feedback from simalar sun seekers or residents in Spain.

Regards Tony

embeded

Like 2      
13 Mar 2019 12:04 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Hi Tony.

We went to Spain for 10 days at Christmas and again last week. The difference between Spain and the UK weatherwise in Winter just makes you feel more alive, healthier, fitter and active. I am sat at home at the moment with gale force winds blowing, and rain lashing the windows. Roll on 7 weeks when we can get back to Spain again. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax and Residency - Staying in Spain between 3 months and 6 months a year - 6 posts
mobility scooter - 14 posts
Brexit effect - 102 posts
Exchange Spanish LHD car for UK rhd car - 7 posts
Firefly/Do You Spain extra charge for 75+ drivers - 10 posts
Suitability of Location for Air Con Units - 3 posts
Spain post Brexit for British residents. - 68 posts
Buying a rural property in the Malaga region - 22 posts
Campo delivery of water - 5 posts
Funds seized by La Caixa for alleged tax avoidance...next steps? - 3 posts
Are the days of Freeloaders limited in Spain? - 44 posts
Reassurance needed - 21 posts
Comfort in numbers. - 19 posts
Car Hire & Excess Insurance - 9 posts
Open gate for Ocean View/ Palmera buyers - 0 posts
Residencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence - 7 posts
Which Costa del Sol school? - 0 posts
Flight prices to Corvera - 3 posts
For sale yamaha RGXAZ electric guitar - 0 posts
property rental - 7 posts
Hello, a couple of retired brits. - 2 posts
Interest delays vs Brexit - 9 posts
Social Security Contributions - 3 posts
recent amendments to horizontal act regarding disabled and elderly - 3 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN, AT LONG LAST - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x