Another resounding result for GM LawyersOnce our court attendance was over

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2018 3:53 PM by liztc Star rating in London. 18 posts Send private message

We are writing this in appreciation and gratitude for all the work GM Lawyers carried out on our behalf to win our case,retrieve all our deposits, full interest for the last 15 years + costs which was done in just over 2 years from start to finish and all the monies now in our bank.

Communication was excellent throughout the process, our court appearance effortless due to the perparation and guidance given to us. 

Once our court attendance was over in March we could not believe the swiftness of the staged recovery of the money.

We had held off for such a long time from making this journey for fear of losing more money, extra stress at our time of life and other disappointments.

Thank you Guadalupe/GM Lawyers for giving us back a retirement.

This message was last edited by liztc on 08/09/2018.

Like 2      
11 Sep 2018 5:28 PM by gazzap Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Hi litdc.  Fantastic news very pleased for you .I also have just won our deposit back plus interest for 10 year 

and court costs it took a year from start to finish and received my money within a month of the court case 

our solicitors where Mam solicitors in san Javier highly recommended 

there’s lots of good news stories coming out so if in same boat don’t give up there’s light at the end of the tunnel 

Like 1      
14 Sep 2018 11:02 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

'There’s light at the end of the tunnel'

Oh! I do hope so. We have been waiting ten years for the return of our money after paying our deposit in 2005.

We have been back and forth to court, first to sue the developer and then the bank. The last ruse to delay payment was to request even more paperwork. 

Like 0      
17 Sep 2018 4:14 PM by joyjo Star rating. 121 posts Send private message

Hi 

I was also lucky to have Guadalupe as my lawyer.  We also received our deposit and interest within 2 years of taking her on, after a dismal time with another lawyer who was no help.

The only thing is, we are still awaiting costs which the banks appealed. The appeal is to be heard in the SC in Madrid.

Has anyone had this problem and how long does it take for the case to be heard?

Joyjo

Like 0      
17 Sep 2018 5:08 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Congratulations!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Sep 2018 9:36 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Joyjo

Do you know on what grounds the Bank are appealing your award of costs, and until this is resolved by the SC will this affect all awards of costs going forward?

Like 0      
19 Sep 2018 10:00 AM by joyjo Star rating. 121 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

Don't know why SGR appealled. They actually appealled the appeal decision and we were informed that it would go to the SC in Madrid. I don't understand why some people get the costs and others don't when circumstances are the same.

Joyjo

Like 0      
19 Sep 2018 12:24 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

It's important to gain this specific information about the appeal to the SC from your lawyer Jojo, in order to understand exactly why the Bank are appealing your costs.

Also important to gain an appreciation if this has actually been admitted to the SC (as opposed to being submitted), as sometimes the SC do not admit an appeal, in which case presumably they would inform of the reasons why this has not been admitted. Also ask your lawyer to advise how long these submissions are taking, and if it is admitted how long thereafter before you will receive a SC ruling..

It's really important to gain transparency.

This message was last edited by ads on 19/09/2018.

This message was last edited by ads on 19/09/2018.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2018 12:57 PM by clieve Star rating in south wales & Phase .... 194 posts Send private message

Not all solicitors in Spain are the same, we were delighted withe Mare Nostrum in Los Alcazares who resolved our huge problems in a short time which has enabled us to enjoy our retirement in our Spanish home

Like 0      
19 Sep 2018 10:30 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

This message was last edited by Chrissie1 on 20/09/2018.

Chrissie   

Like 0      
20 Sep 2018 11:50 AM by joyjo Star rating. 121 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

It would appear they are appealing the sentence award not just the costs, as they are entitled to do, until the sentence is no longer appealable?

Until the sentence outcome is firm, the costs cannot be paid.!!!!!!!!!!

Joyjo

Like 0      
20 Sep 2018 1:56 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Joyjo,

If it is your successful appeal sentence AWARD that is being challenged at SC level does this mean that your interest that you have already received is at risk also? What exactly are they challenging? Are they challenging the interest element of the award?

Does your lawyer consider that it is the case law relevant to your case, now recognised by many appeal courts that is being challenged and that there haven’t yet been two identical SC rulings to achieve SC doctrine, which allows the Banks/ Insurance Companies to keep challenging good existing case law until a second SC ruling has been achieved?

This message was last edited by ads on 20/09/2018.

Like 0      
20 Sep 2018 5:23 PM by joyjo Star rating. 121 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

Don't know anymore. What I've told you is all I was told and as far as the interest, they have no chance of getting that back! The case has obviously been accepted because we paid the court agent in Madrid last year.

Just wish it was over and done with.

Joyjo

Like 0      
20 Sep 2018 6:54 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Good luck Joyjo and really hope that you and your legal team achieve a successful outcome. I would never wish to compromise your legal position on open forum but in the interim I hope you manage to gain more detail for your own peace of mind.

All we can do in the interim is to try and gain transparency re what these financial institutions are doing, identify the implications to both the justice system and individuals alike, and trust that once outcomes become firm that we can clarify if they have been made accountable in that process.

Stay strong!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone living in hamlets/villages around Iznajar region? - 0 posts
Colinas Del Lago - 0 posts
Summer Clearance Sale Motorcycle Clothing - 1 posts
Outstanding Community Fees in terms of the Horizontal Law - 5 posts
Hi, this is Jennifer White - 2 posts
Returning tour with my car - 5 posts
Past discussions - 2 posts
Garbage mountain - 4 posts
Electic car charging points - 3 posts
Please help assetts to be seized - 16 posts
Responsibility of updating electric meter - 4 posts
Year-long/12 months rental - 1 posts
Hotel in Estepona - 3 posts
Spanish rental contract for permanent residence disguised as seasonal - 10 posts
More question about my impending property purchase..... - 5 posts
purchase from Waltons - 0 posts
Hi all, long term rental needed in Ciudad Quesada - 10 posts
Does anyone know of any NGO/ Institution willing to accept abandoned cats? - 0 posts
Schengen visas - 9 posts
Hola everyone - 3 posts
Grazalema- The Guardian - 0 posts
Dash cams - 3 posts
key holder wanted - la duquesa - 1 posts
Dentist in Feungirola - 3 posts
Solvated Spray Solar Kids Suntan Lotion - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x