Electic car charging points

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2018 3:03 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

As I live near the centre of Oxford we have brought an electric car - Oxord have stated that only electric cars will be able to access the centre from 2020. It has a good range and we have not found the range too much problem as the UK has and continues to roll out charging points throughout most of the main routes and towns.

My question is how viable would it be for us to use the car in Spain?

Does the Freeway services have fast chargers and what about the infrastructure on the CdS.

Thanks in advance for relavant information.

What I should have said is the car is a Tesla and am interested in the Super Charge points as we can get an 80% charge in 30mins. 

Rossetti

This message was last edited by Rossetti on 03/09/2018.

Like 0      
03 Sep 2018 5:58 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Tesla have installed 6 electric charger points in the Malaga area and are putting a supercharge point in Antequera. No idea if these are anywhere near you nor have I any idea of what is available in the CDS.

However, there are quite a lot of them here on the Costa Blanca with ones installed in shopping centres (park your car and plug it in while you go shopping). The Tesla supercharge points that I know of are in the Nueva Condominia in Murcia and  the Habaneras Centre in Torrevieja. Lots of others but not supercharge one.

Iberdrola is putting 25,000 charging points throughout Spain by 2021 but they are advertised as semi-slow to fast. 

I also think there are apps available to stick on your mobile phone which tell you where all the electric charging stations are. 

Like 0      
03 Sep 2018 7:00 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply.

Have the apps on phone and car helps find charging points. Never had a problem finding a point in UK but its a big market in Europe for Tesla.

Just wanted to know if the really exist as Supercharge points. If not it can take 30 hours to charge.

We usually get around 300 miles from a full charge from our Tesla S, just wanted to ensure the charging points really exist rather than just on the Tesla web sites.

Is there anyone on this site that has real experience or knows someone who has real experience of using the charging points.

R

Like 0      
25 Sep 2018 9:51 AM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Back from our trip.

Just to inform forum users that is is possible, with careful planning and use of apps, to get to and from the South of Spain from the Northern ports using an electric car. 

The infrastructure seems to be growing fast and we found many of the better hotels have Tesla fast charging, with top ups at coffee shops, we found it very manegable. 

Our one comment would be it seemed more expensive to charge in Spain, although in some of the hotels there was no charge.

Our trip finalised our experiences of Spain as we arranged for the shipment of stored item to the US which will be our  home from the end of next month.

R

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Please help assetts to be seized - 16 posts
Responsibility of updating electric meter - 4 posts
Year-long/12 months rental - 1 posts
Hotel in Estepona - 3 posts
Spanish rental contract for permanent residence disguised as seasonal - 10 posts
More question about my impending property purchase..... - 5 posts
purchase from Waltons - 0 posts
Hi all, long term rental needed in Ciudad Quesada - 10 posts
Does anyone know of any NGO/ Institution willing to accept abandoned cats? - 0 posts
Schengen visas - 9 posts
Hola everyone - 3 posts
Grazalema- The Guardian - 0 posts
Dash cams - 3 posts
key holder wanted - la duquesa - 1 posts
Dentist in Feungirola - 3 posts
Solvated Spray Solar Kids Suntan Lotion - 1 posts
All the abusive clauses you can find in your Spanish mortgage - 19 posts
Hi everyone - 0 posts
Sofas - 2 posts
eye on spain digest - 10 posts
Wanted Volunteer Treasurer - 2 posts
Finding a job and rental home - 2 posts
Parking issue - 11 posts
Ants, ants and more ants!!!!! - 6 posts
Wanted Volunteers - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x