Translation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2018 4:58 PM by terry gill Star rating in portsmouth england a.... 29 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend someone to do translation for  wills at the notary? Does the notary prepare the will or do i need to go therewith it already prepared? Thanks in hope! Terry.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2018 6:05 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

It may be difficult for a Notary to prepare a WILL without knowing who the beneficiaries are and the distribution of assets.   

Like 0      
18 Jun 2018 10:28 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have only ever had my wills made by the notary    They use a standard pro forma and add / subtract as required.  They of course must ensure that the person making the will or any other document understands everything and so will usually provide an interpreter if required.  I have on occasion been the interpreter for a notary 

Like 0      
18 Jun 2018 10:32 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If it's a fairly straightforward estate & beneficiaries etc. - you used to be able to buy at the tobacconist shops a simple template (in Spanish) and just fill in the blanks. Don't know if they still have them, but may be worth asking at your local. As far as I know, you don't need to get a will notarised for it to be legal - just signed and witnessed by two witnesses. 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Jun 2018 7:04 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car - 3 posts
Bank charges - 1 posts
Bankia/BMN - 42 posts
Legal intrest payment - 3 posts
travel cot - 1 posts
one way van - 4 posts
superb help from Maria L. de Castro at Costaluz Lawyers - 1 posts
Work Permit for Egyptian Nationals in Canary Islands - 1 posts
BMN merger with Bankia issues - 20 posts
Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 5 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts
Advice needed - 5 posts
Santander to Vera - 4 posts
Mid/Long Term Parking UK Car in Benidorm/Alacante - 2 posts
The beauty of EU Directive 2016/680 - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x