motor home

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2018 21:22 by peterbaz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

hello everyone.  wer'e thinking of buying a motorhome  and traveling  through spain probably next year do'es anyone out there have any info , doe's and don'ts any info would be appreciated .

Like 0      
31 May 2018 10:29 by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1106 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Drivers are not allowed to use DVD players, videos or internet screens.

If you require glasses to drive then you will need to carry a spare set in the vehicle at all times.

You will need two approved triangles in the vehicle ( only one if the vehicle is UK registered ) along with an approved light reflecting jacked. Should you break down on a main public highway or motorway you are not allowed to leave the vehicle unless you are wearing a jacket, the triangles can then be placed at a distance of around 30 meters behind the vehicle to warn oncoming traffic.

You are not allowed to use radar speed checking devices which can be part of or separate to GPS systems, the fines are heavy if you are caught using this type of device.

On the spot fines can be issued although you are in your right to request an official receipt from the officer collecting the fine.

There is enough in the world for everyone, but not enough for the greedy!

Like 0      
01 Jun 2018 13:30 by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 65 posts Send private message

Look to get an ACSI camping card for cheap off season picth fees from €11 to €19.

If you are looking to do off grid (wild) camping (not hooked up to electricity) then get a motorhome with a solar panel (100watt).

If you do wild camping, make sure that it is legal to camp where you are. Sometimes you only know you are in trouble when a fine arrives in the post.

Get a refillable gas cylinder with adaptors as it is cheaper to refill than exchange a cylinder also calor is not used in Europe.


Regards Neil

Like 0      
01 Jun 2018 14:20 by peterbaz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for your information very useful thanks again peterbaz

Like 0      
01 Jun 2018 14:20 by peterbaz Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for your information very useful thanks again peterbaz

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 0 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts
Advice needed - 5 posts
Santander to Vera - 4 posts
Mid/Long Term Parking UK Car in Benidorm/Alacante - 2 posts
The beauty of EU Directive 2016/680 - 9 posts
Power of attorney - 7 posts
Earthquake around Pilar de la Horadada, Costa Blanca 11-5-2018 - 0 posts
Television - 2 posts
Transferring a properties ownership - 5 posts
Extra transfer tax - 19 posts
Tourist licence - 2 posts
Web Renta anomaly - 0 posts
Looking for a leasing agent in Montejaque Spain - 1 posts
English Speaking Lawyer - 4 posts
Registering a car owned by a relative - compulsory? - 8 posts
Changing Spanish Lawyer - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x