BMN merger with Bankia issues

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jun 2018 4:03 PM by anitaaldous Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi all , I have just tried to access my BMN bank account and found that it recently merged with Bankia, I have had no correspondence from ether bank re the merger and now I can't log on to either banks online banking sites. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you fix it. I unfortunately transfer money to my BMN account a few days before trying to check my account so I have no idea if the IBAN I was using for my old account is still valid. Need Help!

Like 0      
05 Jun 2018 5:29 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Perhaps it would be advisable to go to the bank or telephone them.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2018 6:30 PM by anitaaldous Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks I have tried calling,and I am in the UK and the flights from Gatwick are silly money now.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2018 7:16 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

The flights can be expensive (silly) it’s partly due to the oil prices, but this does not affect cost of phone calls. What is your local branch?

https://www.bankia.es/en/retail-banking/branches-and-atms/alicante/alicante

Like 0      
05 Jun 2018 9:30 PM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

I had the same issue.

phone calls and emails can’t solve the issue,.

you need to go to any Bankia, with your passport and your  BMN card cash.

they need your signature to reset your password, this is then done by entering your passport number and the password will be your 4 digit card cash pin.

you can then also download the Bankia app and log in that way too. (Passport number and cardcash pin)

The only other way to do this is to give power of atterny to your Spanish lawyer who can then reset it for you.

also note! Your IBAN number will have changed so you will need the new number when transferring monies to your Spanish bank account.

Also they will give you a new password of eight digits, of which you can change, this is when you are sending any payments from Bankia account, for added security 

All my direct debits that are set up are still working as normal 

Any further info, give me a shout, confusing at first but once done it’s done.

hope that helps

Like 0      
06 Jun 2018 10:06 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Have you tried logging onto Bankia site with your passport number and old pw from BMN site? User names were not carried over during the transfer.

Juan

Like 0      
06 Jun 2018 5:13 PM by carmol Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

The takeover of BMN by Bankia has been a complete Horlicks. Apparently Bankia uses a different software package from BMN so wasn't able to transfer the information used by BMN clients. We were unable to access our bank account from the UK, and then spent the first day of our Easter holiday at our bank amid scenes of chaos. Effectively we had to reopen the account, sign all the documents again, present our passports/NIE docs (they wanted the actual document, the number wasn't sufficient). The bank account uses a previous passport number (the one we had when we opened the account 12 years ago!) plus a new numeric password supplied at our branch. Having got into our account, we then experienced a notice slapped over it a couple of weeks ago telling us we had not declared a country of tax residence. We had signed in branch to say we were tax resident in the UK and I had to send all our documents again on email attachment - at least three times - and complain to the central customer 'service' section before the notice was removed. All this, and not one word of acknowledgement from the branch (though in all fairness they are probably still trying to sort out the mess created by executives earning a lot more than they are). There is an email for customer services (a 'contact us' address) on the website, and they do at least reply. They should be able to give you a telephone number and apparently if you hang on through the initial recorded message in Spanish you get an English version which allows you to select an English speaking service; I've seen other forums where people have said they managed to get it sorted out this way. Good luck.

This message was last edited by carmol on 06/06/2018.

This message was last edited by carmol on 06/06/2018.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2018 6:15 PM by anitaaldous Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thank you for all your replies. Bankia have called me after I emailed them re my issues. They have also said that the data transferred from BMN was incomplete so my address and contact details weren't correct and as I didn't respond to the letter which I didn't get the account was locked. I have now managed to up date these over the phone. The account is still locked but i am hoping after another call with them tomorrow this should be sorted. Passport details work to logon with original password but as they had the wrong mobile number so I wasn't able to receive the SMS which I needed to complete the logon! I hope you have all sorted out your issues. The question is now do I change banks or stay with Bankia and hope that I don't have anymore issues.

Like 0      
07 Jun 2018 12:36 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Well done Anita, it’s good to know you are sorting this out by modern civilised channels like the telephone and email. It is surprising that this bank can operate as such a shambles and seems to reflect the casual attitude of Spain and it’s so called regulation. At times it seems that greater effort is put into something to do it badly than would take to do it correctly. Who knows why? Is it lack of intelligence, arrogance or something else?. Spain is a wonderful country, sad we have to read these stories.  

Like 1      
19 Jun 2018 4:59 PM by carmol Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Just a footnote to this: the notice telling us we haven't declared a country of tax residence has reappeared on our account. So far, all the documents have been sent to our branch five times, plus we have been in correspondence with the bank's central customer services (and have sent them the documents as well), who just keep telling us to contact the branch, saying that our branch claims it hasn't got our documents. This kind of idiocy elevates incompetence to a whole new level.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2018 6:21 PM by anitaaldous Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

The saga continues, Bankia are now saying I have to go to my branch to sort this out, unless my solicitor has power of attorney then they can do this. Trouble is they are in Murcia and my branch is near Vera. I have told bankia if I have to come over then they need to pay, this is their mess not mine. I can't believe that this merge was allowed to go ahead with no prior testing of the data that BMN were sending Bankia. I worked for a large bank that did mergers and client take on all the time and if we had taken on data in this mess we would have been fine, so why can the banks in Spain get away with it. I have found the CEO email address of Bankia and I will be dropping him an email very shortly.

Like 0      
19 Jun 2018 9:40 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Anita & Carmol

Are you both tied to this bank? Are you aware you can have a mortgage wherever you want and bank elsewhere? Restricted practices regarding mortgages, banking & protection products became illegal years ago.

What actual help and/or advice are you seeking from forum members?

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 19/06/2018.

Like 2      
20 Jun 2018 1:20 AM by Mrsubby Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

As of my post on 5th June.

you can go into any Bankia bank, or your solicitor can (power of eternity

they need your digital signature, then you will be unlocked, 

you can also use the app from then on too.

i know it’s a pain

Like 0      
20 Jun 2018 12:08 PM by carmol Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Kavanagh - I was simply wondering whether other forum members were having the same type of problem as I am and, if so, how they managed to solve it. I appreciate we could move banks, but I was hoping to pay off the mortgage later this year and simply didn't want to be hurled yet again into the morass which seems to be the Spanish banking system. It's really helpful to hear of others' experiences and therapeutic to know we're not the only people banging our heads against this brick wall. 

Like 0      
20 Jun 2018 1:15 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Have you not read Mrsubby posts?

Like 0      
20 Jun 2018 4:43 PM by donmcfc Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I managed to handle the changeover from BMN to Bankia after negotiating quite a few initial problems. I can now access my non-resident account by using either my laptop or the app on my phone. However, as from today I am getting a splash screen asking me to declare my country of fiscal residence. It looks as if I should be able to do this via online banking but I have tried several times and failed each time. Can anybody advise on how I might sort this out from the UK using either my laptop or phone? Thanks.

Like 0      
20 Jun 2018 7:21 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

Yes we have all had that screen. Best advice is to leave it! You cannot change it yourself. It does eventually go away.....at least as two of us have found.

Juan

PS it is a nightmare but managed (easlily) to pay my council tax online today with no hassle...so gradually I think they are making some progress

Like 0      
21 Jun 2018 9:52 AM by donmcfc Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

OK. Thanks Juan.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2018 10:09 AM by donmcfc Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I ignored the online message regarding fiscal residence and by the end of June it stopped appearing and all was well. However, on Monday September 24th the message reappeared and it has continued to be displayed sporadically since then. Has anybody else experienced this?

Like 0      
06 Oct 2018 11:53 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

By chance I went into my branch  a couple of weeks ago regarding another matter. At which point the person I was dealing with asked for my NI number and to sign a form relating to tax residency. I pointed out that the system does not allow you to input the data - she smiiled knowingly. If you cannot get to the branch, have you tried calling? Branch Phone numbers have not changed, but email addresses have. 

Juan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Localidad - 33 posts
motor home - 4 posts
Tasa 790 - 1 posts
Berta - 6 posts
Holiday Rental Licence - 0 posts
best areas to live in denia - 6 posts
Bank withdrawal - 3 posts
Key Holder required for 2 apartments - 1 in VillaMartin and 1 in La Mata - 1 posts
Car insurance - 27 posts
How Foreigners bought their homes in Spain in 2017 - 1 posts
need a rental in gran caneria asap - 0 posts
Land registry - 0 posts
Advice needed - 5 posts
Santander to Vera - 4 posts
Mid/Long Term Parking UK Car in Benidorm/Alacante - 2 posts
The beauty of EU Directive 2016/680 - 9 posts
Power of attorney - 8 posts
Earthquake around Pilar de la Horadada, Costa Blanca 11-5-2018 - 0 posts
Television - 2 posts
Transferring a properties ownership - 5 posts
Extra transfer tax - 19 posts
Tourist licence - 2 posts
Web Renta anomaly - 0 posts
Looking for a leasing agent in Montejaque Spain - 1 posts
English Speaking Lawyer - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x