Car Rental Almeria Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2018 10:39 PM by Albus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Having read horror stories about insurance rip offs, unreliable service, rude staff - the list goes on, I'm starting to dread having to choose a trustworthy car rental company from Almeria Airport. My preference would be to book an on-site provider at the airport or a car delivered. We are a family of five staying for 2 weeks from 18th August to 1st September and I intend to take out my own insurance (based on advice I've seen elsewhere). Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 10:50 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi.

I use 'Do you Spain' to book my cars and have done for years and never once a problem......Many on here hate this booking company.

I use Alicante Airport and have just booked for two weeks in June at 30€ 5 door car.....Quick look on the Do you site for your Airport and most are upwarrds of start at 280€ ish.

I buy the rental company own insurance and never a problem with any car....Many on here consider that one big rip off.

I buy full to empty, never a problem.

I don't consider anything with the rental companies a rip off, never had bad or unreliable service, never had rude staff.

At the end of the day it's all a very personal choice, my last rental came to 293.93€ plus the 35€ for a car = 328.93€, (15 days) = 21.92€ a day approx. A friend came over to the UK for about the same time and paid almost £600.00 approx  £40.00 a day.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 12:06 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

I think baz is correct. The problem really starts with the hire companies advertising their hire charges at ridiculously low rates ‘’1€’’ a day, then adding all the costs ‘’fuel & insurance’’ at pick up point. Of course some people really believe they can get a car at 1€ a day without reading the terms and conditions when booking and that leads to all the arguments at pick up.

Like 1      
16 Apr 2018 8:55 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I use hirecarsinspain, they do the usual cheap offers where you have to buy the extras on arrival, they also do all inclusive deals (not sure about Almeria), what you contract to in the UK is what you pay on arrival, including insurance and fuel.

Do you really need a car? There is a good shuttle service that is well priced and runs from Almeria to Vera.

Mark

Like 1      
16 Apr 2018 10:29 PM by Albus Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for the comments. Cost is not the issue either, it's about trust and Baz you are very lucky not to have experienced any issues at all with car hire companies! The shuttle service is an interesting idea, but as there are five of us we do need transport for 2 weeks, as we're staying in a rental property up in the hills.

i will try the the recommended links though so thanks for the suggestions.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2018 10:59 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Albus, when it comes to being lucky to have had no problems I honestly mean that, just never had, I once was behind someone getting his car and he was giving them the riot act over insurance / fuel / etc.

It's only a rental car at the end of the day so don't let it spoil a holiday.

Like 1      
17 Apr 2018 4:17 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

If you book it yourselves with the big operators you pay all the extras.

Small operators can be good for several trips then let you down.

Best use an agent Like 'Holiday Autos' who will get you a good price with one of the big operators and even change the booking if a better deal comes up.

Pay them with your credit card in the UK for best protection.

Like 1      
17 Apr 2018 5:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

"Pay them with your credit card in the UK for best protection."

Doesn't matter where you pay them, you have the same rights under the conbsumer credit act as you do anywhere else. Saying that though, it will only be of use if over £100 (you can pay any amount on credit card, even £1 and the card company become jointly liable). The only thing you are likely to be protected over though is if a) the car isn't there or b) the company goes bust. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Square media Los Alcazares - 3 posts
Bank Owned Poroperties - 5 posts
Looking for pool renovation recommendations Lorca area - 6 posts
La Manga Ferry - 2 posts
How to inform Agencia Tributaria - 16 posts
renting villa long term but renting out for holiday lets - 4 posts
Additional carge on Commundad - 3 posts
Spanish Rental Taxes - why is it so complicated - help appreciated - 11 posts
Winter sun with plenty to do? - 4 posts
Spanish Legal Reclaim - 9 posts
RETURNING TO MENORCA - 16 posts
Adverse possession - 4 posts
Car Scrappage Costs - 7 posts
Chiropodist Needed - 0 posts
Happy home wanted for 2 good mousers - 0 posts
Gibraltar development - 6 posts
EU Geo digital content restrictions abolished. - 10 posts
Caixabank economic activity requests - 7 posts
Spanish Architect - 4 posts
Thursday Legionnaire's Procession Malaga - 1 posts
Small 8 property comunidad. - 5 posts
Property purchase without registration for extension - 5 posts
Banking - 7 posts
Selling by instalments - 14 posts
Advice on Buying a property - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x