Property purchase without registration for extension

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2018 2:02 PM by jr.987 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi all

Some advice would be really welcomed please.

I have an offer accepted on a house in Benalmadena however the owner (who is an architect) made some changes to the property in 2001 but didn't register them.

She has now submitted the docs but wants to complete quickly due to purchasing another property. My solictor advises that I shouldnt do this so the owner has put the house back on the market in the hope of a quick sale.

However she has come back to me this morning to say that she would be happy us putting 20,000 euros aside until after registration is complete. 

This sounds reasonable to me as it should cover any fines etc that might relate to the non-registration?

Thanks

Like 0      
27 Mar 2018 2:34 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Hello jr.987 and welcome to Eye on Spain

If you are already employing a solicitor and taking legal advice why are you on here asking a bunch of amateurs.

This message was last edited by Kavanagh on 27/03/2018.

Like 1      
27 Mar 2018 3:38 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Don’t normally agree with Kavanagh..but do in this instance....plus why bother employing a Spanish lawyer and ignoring sound advice...

Smell a rat when an Spanish architect fails to register changes to a property. 

Like 1      
27 Mar 2018 4:25 PM by jr.987 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Stupidly thought someone may have been through something similiar and been helpful!

Like 0      
27 Mar 2018 4:54 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

But jr.987 you are naive to think that.(similiar) so you would chance your money on similiar.

We don’t have all the legal details and it’s likely each situation is different and beyond our scope. Seems you are looking for Brian down the pub advice, the most accomplished unqualified knows all in Spain.

Like 0      
27 Mar 2018 6:36 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I just asked Tony down the pub (because I don't know Brian so wouldn't trust him), and he said his guess is that the seller is actually happy with 20K less than you offered, and that she'll never register the extension and you'll never hear from her again - after all, there's a reason she didn't register it before. The 20K may cover the potential fines to come etc., but will it also cover the cost of demolishing the illegal extension and making good etc., not to mention your stress & hassle?

But that's just Tony's opinion, what does he know? wink

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Banking - 7 posts
Selling by instalments - 14 posts
Advice on Buying a property - 19 posts
Dog Friendly Accommodation - 5 posts
Just received an embargo on a house – looking for advice please - 14 posts
EU Succession Regulation 650/2012 - 3 posts
Planning to move to Ibiza to dj - 1 posts
Boat Trips - 4 posts
Moving my business to Ibiza, whats your thoughts? - 4 posts
Importing Car - 0 posts
Weather gripe - 32 posts
Incorrect Direct Debits - 3 posts
Easter Parades Torrevieja - 0 posts
I won my first instance case against banks - 3 posts
9 cases won so far in 2018 by CostaluzLawyers - 13 posts
Decaration of assets abroad- end of term 31st March - 43 posts
Car Insurance - 3 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Great new classical choir in Vera (Almeria) - 0 posts
Public schools - 3 posts
SELLING PROPERTY - 8 posts
registration for rentals - 1 posts
good rental agents aguilas area -costa calida - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - 2 posts
La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance. - 44 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x