Decaration of assets abroad- end of term 31st March

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Mar 2018 5:03 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Kathyslad. My post overlapped yours,  which seems to have covered the liability angle 

When I did the first 720 I included a couple of assets which I was not sure about,  on the grounds that I could not be wrong for declaring an account which did not come within the scope of the rules, whereas not declaring one that did would have caused a problem

Like 0      
19 Mar 2018 5:17 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1316 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

Thank you johnzx

So your answer is you don’t know and have no idea. You only have your rule book on the ceased / embargoed department plus complaints forms. Not very useful to my situation.

Like 2      
19 Mar 2018 6:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tadd maybe I do and maybe I don’t but I can’t think of a nicer guy you have the problems

Like 0      
20 Mar 2018 4:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I've just been reading about the recently introduced new powers for HMRC to question UK tax residents with unexplained assets (Unexplained Wealth Order, UWO):

"An individual who receives a UWO must explain how they obtained the asset in question. HMRC and the other relevant enforcement bodies can apply for such an order at the High Court.

In order to obtain one, the body must prove that there is a reasonable cause to believe the individual holds assets worth more than £50,000 (€56,860, $70,471), and there are grounds to suspect the individual’s known income would not explain the ownership of the property."

(My italics) So the onus is very much on the authorities i.e innocent until proven guilty; a bit different to Spain, where everybody with assets overseas worth more than 50k must declare them, whether there is any suggestion of them being unexplained or not. As a result, people such as Mariedav's acquaintances, and Kavanagh, end up being effectively criminalised by the system through no real fault of their own. It's wrong.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Insurance - 3 posts
Wills - 3 posts
Great new classical choir in Vera (Almeria) - 0 posts
Public schools - 3 posts
SELLING PROPERTY - 8 posts
registration for rentals - 1 posts
good rental agents aguilas area -costa calida - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - 2 posts
La Caixa refusing to pay out on life insurance. - 44 posts
Anything happening at Nueva Ribera? - 1 posts
vera playa almeria - 13 posts
Wills - 1 posts
Bank want to trick me into saying I'm investor - 2 posts
EU Referendum - 17 posts
problems with filmon - 1 posts
12 months contract - 5 posts
Long term rental Benidorm - 2 posts
legal Interest rates - 27 posts
HEALTHCARE IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain! - 26 posts
Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts
Landlord refuses to fix hot water - says I can pay for it myself - 7 posts
Hello from a future apprentice in Spain - 1 posts
Saving account - 1 posts
Help! I need a landscape gardener - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x