Newbie to here and hopefully to Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2018 5:22 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Actually, I never said that...but that aside, I think there have been some very valid and important points raised here. (Floella's post is particularly spot on) Again: by all means, lap up all the happy shiny people's encouragement to "go for it", but you should pay more attention to the doomsayers  - they're the one's who you can learn most from!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
28 Feb 2018 7:45 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Apologies ROBERTO it was MICKYFINN who said that

I cannot belive I ACTUALLY agree with his VIEWS on this matter

Love Hugh xx

Like 0      
01 Mar 2018 9:00 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1936 posts Send private message

Apparently a family can live and pay the rent with €1,000 per month in Spain ...check out the videos on YouTube ...maybe this is why EOS is getting so many of this type of post.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2018 9:03 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

To help make you feel a little better Hugh, although we may agree on the current state of Spain’s economy I do believe its future is much brighter.

The country has many advantages and as a full member of the EU has used them to positive effect. That said its political problems with separatism in the regions where the principle wealth of the nation is generated may derail that future.

If I were young again and wished to emigrate to Spain I would head for Catalonia not the Costas.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2018 9:19 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Apparently a family can live and pay the rent with €1,000 per month in Spain

Why would you want to though?

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
01 Mar 2018 1:26 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

A very good question! Understandably, the original poster(s) are unlikely to want to share too much about their individual financial circumstances, so we can only speculate as to their choices & reasons, but certainly I would agree that anybody on a low income is better off in the UK. Conversely, anybody with substantial income or resources at their disposal has so many other, and probably better, options available to them.

"If I were young again and wished to emigrate to Spain I would head for Catalonia not the Costas." If I were young again and wished to emigrate, Spain would be way down my list of choices. If I was skint with little prospect of finding well paid work in Spain, I'd be heading to a country with a more robust economy and better opportunities. If I was flush and financially independent, I'd be heading to a country with a higher quality of life and less bureaucratic hassle. The sunshine isn't everything.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
01 Mar 2018 5:31 PM by Kavanagh Star rating in Oil Drum Lane Newcas.... 1315 posts Send private message

Kavanagh´s avatar

''Understandably, the original poster(s) are unlikely to want to share too much about their individual financial circumstances,''

That is one statement that is beyond my understanding. Everyone is using a pseudonym, who cares what you disclose, or is this another fantasy world that some people believe is real?.

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted: Long term rental villa Moraira area /Se busca alquiler de villa a largo plazo en el área de Moraira - 0 posts
Landlord refuses to fix hot water - says I can pay for it myself - 7 posts
Hello from a future apprentice in Spain - 1 posts
Saving account - 1 posts
Help! I need a landscape gardener - 0 posts
Landscape gardener required - 1 posts
Pontevedra - 1 posts
Community powers - 10 posts
Autism provision in Spain - 2 posts
The dreaded Selling my Car in Spain - 1 posts
Embargo/Sale of uninhabited property if owner owes high Community Fees... - 6 posts
Hello - 19 posts
Buying a car in spain - 11 posts
Right of neighbour over my land - 12 posts
Blood pressure monitor - 2 posts
Best way to transfer money out of Spain - 23 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - RESIDENCIAL PROPERTY - 2 posts
How strange - 7 posts
Buying a Apartment - Wheres the catch? - 10 posts
Fortuna Golf - 6 posts
Neighbour trespassing - 28 posts
Bringing the love to Spain - 4 posts
Revoking a Power of Attorney - 5 posts
Gibraltar and penson - 2 posts
Boundaries - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x