Just put our name down for an apartment at Mar y Sol...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2007 7:32 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Like you say Smiey the bank valuation and the sq meterage of the property must be taken into account.

alb

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 10:40 AM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

Astro Jill

I've bought on Naranja Mar, near Mar Y Sol. Have had problems getting snags dealt with. Amazingly when I said I was getting someone independent in to do snag list for me, Trinitario himself came to see me twice! The faults were dealt with a few days later.
I'm not sorry I bought my appartment, family + friends have a lovely time when we visit. My friend using Guadamar beach in her relaxation/guided fantasy exercise. I had to bring her a picture to show people where she was!

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 7:14 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Many thanks, Milli, for that - all this kind of stuff is handy to know!
Meanwhile, can anyone tell me how quiet the apts are - apart from building noise, that is?
Hubby likes his P&Q.
What's the community charge like?  Are running costs reasonable?
Finally - we'll be coming out for a look-see at end of Oct - will anyone on the forum be there, then?
Thank you again, all!
Jill

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 8:48 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Jill again (I welcomed you ages ago, remember )

Have you registered with your development forum yet ? Click on this blue link >> Mar y Sol  & go do it & chat to others in there as well.

Many EOS members have met up this year. My husband & I have met quite a few. We know members who've bought at Almoradi & who we met in June & Sept.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 10/1/2007.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 10:44 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thank you!
Done that - thanks again.
So-ooo looking forward to our visit.
Cheers!
Jill

Like 0      
01 Oct 2007 11:21 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Jill, where do you stay when you come to visit your place ?

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 6:44 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Guardamar Hotel...
J

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 11:58 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just wondered as we always used Campomar hotel, on beach on outskirts of Guardamar, Torrevieja side. Typically Spanish but cheap & adequate for our needs for a few days. Our place is just a few mins from it. We met lots of others there who were buying on our urb too.

Like 0      
02 Oct 2007 1:26 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

Jill

We'll be out 13th to 20th October, but might be staying down on Mar Menor. Need to go up coast though as friend has job interview. May see you then.
Our apartment is quiet, only the noise you expect round & about. It isn't expensive to run, community costs aren't expensive ( I need to pay them & my taxes when I'm over)

Like 0      
03 Oct 2007 1:58 PM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Morerosado, many thanks for that - the agent has organised our hotel stay - we've just paid for the flights.  They did give us the option of staying in one of the apts, but we wanted the luxury of a few days in an hotel!

Milli - good luck to your friend at the job interview.  If we don't see you then, maybe we'll meet up at a later date?

Best wishes to all,

Jill (yeh, you can tell I'm not used to forums - this is my first, so forgive any gaffes!)

Like 0      
05 Oct 2007 5:12 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

Jill

Just because I'm nosey, what company are you using?

Like 0      
06 Oct 2007 11:27 AM by AstroJill Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Forgotten their name exactly, but they're based in the centre of Denton - Crown Point, I think.
Cheers!
Jill

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 6:00 PM by stephenhodgkiss Star rating in UK. 22 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Replied having seen that PATPUR is buying with the same builder as me. I bought 3 apartments in Limon Mar in Formentera also built by Palacios Mar.

Des the salesman working for Costa Properties in Santiago del Ribera disappeared and the office in Santiago did absolutely nothing to help me. Michelle in the office made promises she never kept. I bought them to sell on but they all knew this wouldn't be possible. I ended up buying 2 of them, completed the purchases in Feb 2007. The offices in Liverpool somewhere never ever called me to ask if the purchase went well.

They are just a bunch of cowboys, who make their commission and then do nothing.

In august I moved furniture into one of them, and fitted lights etc to both of them. Later that month, it rained heavily and it identified leaking solariums. All the bathroom ceiling went black with mould. Eventually this spread over the whole apartment and the other one next door.

They have now fixed the problem and say they have redecorated one apartment. They now have to do the other one. IT HAS TAKEN THEM 5 MONTHS SO FAR.

Palacios Mar's reputation for after sales service is very bad. I am not alone with my opinions.

I am sick of the whole experience over the last few years, with various companies and developers, even the British there take the mickey. You don't live there and you can't keep popping over to sort things out.

NEVER AGAIN. The whole place is full of con-artists.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 12:55 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

I bought via Costa Properties after my friend did. She has no problems at all on Los Palacios.
I wasn't so lucky. I then contacted Inspectahomes, As soon as i told the builder I was having independent snagging done, he came to see me with his architect . They chased me down the road in their car to get to see me!!!!
Most of the snagging was done the following week, it's worth a try.
I've got Des mobile number if you want it.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 10:09 PM by stephenhodgkiss Star rating in UK. 22 posts Send private message

Thanks for the offer but no thanks. You have to understand something, these people have moved to Spain with their families, they are looking after number 1 and they don't give a stuff about anyone else.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 1:20 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Not at all cynical then....

Like 0      
12 Mar 2008 1:20 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Not at all cynical then....

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 7:07 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Milli you should not lose your deposit , a small group of mar y sol buyers including myself , with  advice from  Maria De Castro managed to get most of our deposit money refunded due to late completion , no Bank guarantees and no proper habitation liecence, you need to stand your ground and take them to court.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 7:08 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Milli you should not lose your deposit , a small group of mar y sol buyers including myself , with  advice from  Maria De Castro managed to get most of our deposit money refunded due to late completion , no Bank guarantees and no proper habitation liecence, you need to stand your ground and take them to court.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 7:09 PM by alb Star rating. 182 posts Send private message

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Directions - 14 posts
Things to Information. Have a LOOK !!! - 0 posts
Monarch Cancelled flight today - 13 posts
Interesting article - 2 posts
Swimming pool regulations in spain to require a lifeguard or not - 2 posts
Help in Time of Need - 6 posts
Badminton - 2 posts
HELP ! ONE DOUBLE BED REQUIRED AND DELIVERED ON SET DAY!! - 10 posts
Holiday rental needed 14th oct - playa flamenca - la florida - 1 posts
Getting your 16-18 year Old Thru. to Becoming a Professional Here in Spain. - 3 posts
Goodfellas Playa Flamenca - 3 posts
INSPECTION TRIP FEEDBACK SOUGHT FOR ARTICLE PLEASE - 8 posts
Advisable to appoint a lawyer when selling ? - 3 posts
SUMA payments - 7 posts
Lo Crispin - 5 posts
What is CDS ? - 2 posts
Restaurants in Totana, Murcia - 2 posts
PRE-FABRICATED POOLS - 0 posts
Great restaurant for a special birthday - 14 posts
Lawyers! - 8 posts
I'VE GIVEN UP SMOKING! - 88 posts
Indian in Almoradi - 0 posts
Santa Ana Jumilia - 4 posts
Land opposite Lidl's at Playa Flamenca - 12 posts
Coordinated Lifestyles / CU InSpain - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 60

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x