Form 210, cadastral value, and calculating taxable base - 2.0% or 1.1% ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jul 2017 11:19 AM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Hi all,

In another thread there is a guidance form called 'Instructions for filling in your self-assessment form: Non-Resident Income Tax'. It's very useful, but my problem relates to the section that deals with calculating the taxable base. Specifically, whether to use the 2.0% or the 1.1% multiplier.

The firm that prepares my 210 form says that in my municipal area (Orihuela Costa) cadastral values as a whole have not been re-assessed for more than ten years, and therefore I should pay tax on 2% of the cadastral value.

However, my 2016 IBI receipt (and several previous years' receipts for that matter) shows a cadastral value which increases a little each year, and is now 40-odd percent higher than the original 11-year old value.  Additionally, the calculation of each year's IBI bill has been based each year on the increasing cadastral value.

So my argument is that my 2016 tax should be:

a) based on the IBI 2016 cadastral value x 1.1% x 19%.

as opposed to

b) based on the IBI 2005 cadastral value x 2.0% x 19%).

As it happens, the firm that I use have prepared forms as follows:

c) based on IBI 2016 cadastral value x 2.0% x 19%.  That's the worst of both worlds and surely can't be right.

Can anyone offer me their opinion or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Noddy.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2017 11:53 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

I queried this increase last year. I also posted on here and got some responses as to why this all changed in 2015.

https://www.eyeonspain.com/forums/posts-long-22453.aspx

See link, Regards

Like 1      
19 Jul 2017 4:40 PM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Thanks Juan (great name by the way).

It still puzzles me how I can be told that my cadastral value has not been re-assessed for over ten years (thus attracting the 2% multiplier) when my annual SUMA/IBI bill shows an increasing 'valor cadastral' each year (and that higher cadastral figure is used to calculate the IBI).

Like 0      
19 Jul 2017 6:32 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just to add to the confusion.

In my town the Valor Cadastral has remained exactly the same since it was revalued maybe around 2004,  Certainly for quite a number of years.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/07/2017.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2017 11:11 PM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Seems to me, Johnzx, that a lot of confusion and grief could be avoided if there was a widespread updating of all the cadastral values. Or is that too simple.

Like 0      
10 Dec 2018 1:15 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Noddy59, just wondering did you ever get to resolve this 2% vs 1.1% issue?

I read the other thread that’s referred to higher up but still find myself none the wiser!

Am I right in thinking that perhaps the only people who can confirm for sure when or whether the CV rates have been adjusted are the relevant local town hall?

This message was last edited by growler on 10/12/2018.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2018 11:30 AM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Replying to growler: Sorry, no further forward, although I can't say I've devoted any time to pursuing it.  I just console myself that I'm not underpaying my due tax.

Maybe you're right about the local town hall. In my case not sure if that would be Orihuela Costa or inland Orihuela. Anyone? 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RAYME - 0 posts
December - 0 posts
Cubic Meters - 7 posts
Supreme Court and Court costs against banks in Floor Clause cases - 2 posts
Google Ads on blogs - 2 posts
Malaga Airport Pickup / Drop Off Issues - 6 posts
Volunteers Needed - 0 posts
Spanish health care versus NHS.......No contest - 65 posts
Green Card - 4 posts
Polaris Creditors list available - 0 posts
Private yoga classes offered - 0 posts
Torre Del Mar rental required with my small dog? - 0 posts
Internet Access just for the Summer months - 5 posts
Is there the equivalent of a Crime Prevention Officer in Spain - 2 posts
New here, just about to complete in Benamargosa - 1 posts
Ingofersa developments in Garrucha from 2004 that were never built - 0 posts
American - Property near Tarragona, Catalonia - 4 posts
Road tax and insurance in spain - 6 posts
Recommendations for Cleaner in Duquesa Area - 2 posts
Bathroom fittings - 3 posts
4-6 week Malaga Summer rental of a BMW or similar - 2 posts
Basura - 17 posts
Rapido Claims - 1 posts
New property IBI Bill etc - 1 posts
210 form and IBI payments - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x