Family Allowance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2007 12:00 AM by ollie57 Star rating in San Pedro. 16 posts Send private message

Hi could someone help?

We have lived in Spain for about 6mths. We have 2 kids 1 is 4yrs old The other 1yr old.

We have just found out that we are about to become parents again. I have been told that if our 3 child is born in Spain we are entitled to family allowance, not just for my new born but for the other 2 which were born in the UK.

Could anyone tell me if this is true please. My husband has been paying into the Spanish system from the day we moved here.

Thanks 

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 1:08 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
I think in spain they do this by giving you tax credits rather than a paid cash allowance...I found these for tax year 2006 from the Law and You in Spain

Deductions under income tax in Spain - 2007 (page 353L&W spain)  
Social Security payments (237 / Month) 2,844
Personal Allowance 5,050
Salary deductions 2,400
Children 4,100
Childcare fees < 3yrs 1,200
Maternity 1,400
House purchase 9,015

I'd like to know how people have found these?

Like 0      
17 Sep 2007 8:21 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You will become a familia numerosa. There are many benfits in Spain because of being under that category. There is a application form here for Murcia residents. Unfortunately not in English.

http://www.carm.es/ctra/politicasocial/menoryfamilia/programas/MODELO-SOLICITUD-RECONOCIMIENTO.doc

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Sep 2007 8:40 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Does this mean that upon completing this form that the family in question would be entitled to the tax credits to the amounts included in my original posting below?

ta

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 6:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Can you send to me the link where you found that information? I would be able to asceratain then.
Best,
M.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
19 Sep 2007 10:29 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
Unfortunately its from a book (good old paper) entitled You and the Law in Spain by David Searle 2006-2007 edition

http://www.santanabooks.com/cgi-bin/catalogue.dll/action?target=3&mer=2

The new edition is out now....so I need to see what has changed etc....

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts
What is the best way of learning Spanish at home? - 51 posts
Marketing your property - 0 posts
Winter clothes? - 22 posts
SELLING OFF PLAN IN SAN CAYETANO BEFORE COMPLETION, CAN THAT BE DONE - 1 posts
Eye on Spain & Spanish Property Insight - 8 posts
What happens to the development forum once the build is finished? - 1 posts
Hello from "sunny" Espania! - 11 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Electrics - 15 posts
NIE numbers - 2 posts
Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts
Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts
new member - 3 posts
Insurance for property - 0 posts
Could someone help us with where to start looking please. - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x