Reconnection to Endesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2017 11:52 AM by DJC333 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi, I am currently disconnected from Endesa, the previous account for the property was in my ex husbands name. The property is now in my name only.

I have paid all facturas since I have owned the property myself, but Endesa disconnected the supply saying that there is a big debt outstanding, despite my solicitors aid contacting Endesa for an up to date figure.

I was advised by my solicitor to take out a new contract in my name ( something I have been asking for since owning the property) but Endesa will need to come out and inspect the installation.

My question is this, does anyone know a rough idea of how much this will cost and how long before the electricity is reconnected.

Many thanks for any info.

This message was last edited by DJC333 on 12/05/2017.

Like 0      
12 May 2017 6:27 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

To get a new contract you will probably find you will have to pay any outstanding debts.  

The electrical installation in gthe property will also have to comply with the current rules. That may involve cost.

If you can get a reliable electrician to make an inspection he will advise you what you will need to do to satisfy Endsea and what costs will be involved.

Good luck

Like 0      
12 May 2017 7:08 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Not sure how an electrician would help with the supply company ** EDITED **

The debt will be on the property does your ex still have an interest in the property 

Let your lawyer sort it out

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 5/12/2017 8:04:00 PM.

Like 1      
12 May 2017 7:42 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

My sister in law was in exactly the same postion. However on phoning the electrical company they did give her an up to date figure. Now the problem was that they also asked for an installation certificate before reconnecting because they knew the contract was prior to 2002 I think, don't quite remember the year. That meant that even if she paid the debt she would have to meet the 2002 'normativa' - standards for domestic electrical installations  and get a 'Boletin de Instalación'. She asked them what that meant and what she would have to do and they said contract a qualified electrition to update and certify the installation and when you have the 'Boletin' (certificate) and the debts are paid you can reconnect the electricity. Naturally this was a problem as the original installation was from the early eighties I think.....so it required rewiring the whole house.  Quite a cost. So what she did was eventually update the electrical installation and went to visit the central office because she was not going to pay a debt that wasn't hers, I think it was Endesa, not sure about that... and took with her the new property deeds (escritura) that showed when she had bought the house and that she was in fact the new owner, as well as the boletin signed by a qualified electrician/installer and they eventually reconnected her after after a couple of weeks with a new contract in her name. The debt belongs to the the person on the contract not the property so if you were not an owner or part owner of the property before you do not have to pay the debt. 

If you don't get anywhere with Endesa have you tried contacting another electricity supplier for a new contract? You don't have to connect to Endesa. What ever you do you will have to get a new 'Boletin de Instalación' from a qualified electrician otherwise no company will connect you and your electrical installation will have to meet the current standards, I do not remember what date is the lastest...

Good luck

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 12/05/2017.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
12 May 2017 8:51 PM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Electrical wiring (the actual wires) has been an acceptable standard across European codes since thec1970's so the rewire may be OTT.  

The electricity tests will likely be more of a compliance with circuit breakers and earthing for safety.  

Electricity is a 'service that kills' so always ask a qualified and registered sparky for advice.    It may not be as costly as you think.  

I have no idea about the transfer of debts though, sorry.  

Best wishes, Brian

Like 0      
13 May 2017 1:43 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just came upon this.  The source seems reliable

https://www.spanishpropertyinsight.com/legal/a-legal-guide-to-buying-property-is-spain/

extract:-

The new owner will also be held liable for unpaid utility services and local taxes. This is because these debts go against the property itself, not against the previous owner. So whoever owns the property will be held liable. Your lawyer will likewise also ensure prior to buying a resale there are none outstanding.

I just

Like 0      
13 May 2017 2:32 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

One thing yhe OP did not say wad if yhe ex was still an owner or named on the lease

It was also said bills were paid so a clear administration problem that should be sorted out

Like 0      
13 May 2017 5:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tadd  It was also said bills were paid

DJC  I have paid all facturas since I have owned the property myself, but Endesa disconnected the supply saying that there is a big debt outstanding, despite my solicitors aid contacting Endesa for an up to date figure.

Like 0      
13 May 2017 10:08 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Johnzx

I can read 

As I said sounds like a simple administration error 

Hope the OP gets it sorted

Like 1      
14 May 2017 9:30 PM by DJC333 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

No ex has no interest in the property now. I am the sole owner now. Lawyer says that I can avoid paying the debt by taking out a new contract. The old contract has been in force since 2007. I have also been advised by laayer that the debt will not be registered against the property.

Like 0      
15 May 2017 1:31 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Sounds like you areok with the legal stuff etc

Hopefully your lawyer can help with your original question on connection cost 

I know of a neighbour who has a hI day home and electricity was cut off for non payment.  Once payment was mad electricity was back on same day not sure about any reconnection costs

Like 0      
15 May 2017 2:13 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

DJC    Take a look here  (it's in English) :-

https://www.endesaclientes.com/faqs/how-much-new-contract.html

This message was last edited by johnzx on 15/05/2017.

Like 0      
15 May 2017 9:39 PM by DJC333 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the info. I did go on the endless site but the info isn't really relevant for my situation.. I'm just going to have to wait til I'm out there and sit in lawyers office when she contacts them. Luckily I have receipts for all payments. 

Like 0      
16 May 2017 9:00 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

DJC   

I have called a few numbers in Spain trying to get a helpline in English which you could access from UK, but without success. 

I have now emailed  Endesa asking for such a number or an email address where you can write to them in English.

I will get back to you if I get a helpful reply

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/05/2017.

Like 0      
16 May 2017 11:16 AM by DJC333 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you Johnzx for your help.

I am in touch with a number of people including Endesa.

Like 0      
18 May 2017 2:49 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

DJC. This is what I sent to Endeas (I have translated it) and their reply which was in English.  

Not sure this will be much use.

Sent Mail

I am enquiring for a person who lives in UK and has a property in Spain. She is trying to make a new contract with you.  She does not speak Spanish.  Can you give me either an email address where she can write to you in English or a telephone number accessible from outside Spain where she can speak in English and get assistance ?

Thank you

We contact you to inform you that your request No. 00435118.

We inform you that from this department we can\'t manage new contracts, sorry. In order to request it you have to call to 800 760 909 from Spain or +34937061510 from abroad. Also can do it in the \"contratar\" section of www.endesaclientes.com.

We are at your disposal at endesaclientes.com for any help you might require.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/05/2017.

Like 0      
24 May 2017 5:20 PM by DJC333 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you John. I do speak Spanish.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Residencia - 17 posts
Can anyone recommend a cleaner in Campoverde? - 2 posts
Canine requirements - 12 posts
Free Math App for Kids - 1 posts
Touch up paint - 5 posts
Problem neighbour - 22 posts
I want to move to spain - 33 posts
Does owning a B and B class as being employed and eligible for healthcare - 1 posts
AGM - 3 posts
6 berth uk spec caravan with AIR CONDITIONING - 0 posts
Seeking Advice on Transportation of Belongings to Spain - 11 posts
Trailers - 1 posts
Damp Kitchen Problem - 33 posts
All inclusive holidays - 14 posts
Advice on changing ownership of car, - 11 posts
property taxes - 7 posts
trying to find a tax advisor in torrevieja called Andrew - 5 posts
Semi detached 3 bedroom house for sale in Tías - Lanzarote (Canary Islands) - 0 posts
Help! UK TV SERVICE NEEDED - 3 posts
I have received a bill from Patronato de Recaudacion Provincial - 5 posts
ALL AIFOS´BANK GUARANTEES NOW AVAILABLE - 23 posts
Ads Covering Page - 5 posts
Irish Passport - 11 posts
Cheapest site fees in Murcia - 2 posts
Renting for the first time locally to la cala and surrounding - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x