ALL AIFOS´BANK GUARANTEES NOW AVAILABLE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Jun 2017 6:16 PM by ciaron Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hi all,i know of a case where the purchaser  appeared on the creditors list but he was still crossed examined in court.The judge ruled his testimony about paying money to the developer was not credible and dismissed the case.

Surely the fact that the person was on the creditors list was strong enough proof for the judge to award the case to him

Like 1      
07 Jun 2017 7:19 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Would you know if they failed to provide evidences of payment Ciaron, as I noticed Maria observed " Till this was clear in Courts, it was sensible to also bring to judges evidence of payments."?

Perhaps best to gain that evidence anyway to minimise the risk of any judicial dismissal ?

Like 0      
08 Jun 2017 9:50 AM by briando55 Star rating in Yorkshire. 1982 posts Send private message

Before I make any points (below), kindly recognise I am not a legal expert or have any formal training in any other than UK housing law!  

I have wondered and mentioned before though, when a developer goes to administration (insolvency), the banks are placed in the position of preferred creditors.   If there is law (and developed case-law) under 57/1968, does this not allow (at least part of) the consumers money in the banking system to be treated in the same way in future?   There must be some consideration of this in the way the money is 'trapped' in the system?  

In Ciaron's case, to be recognised as a creditor, is the money Ciaron is claiming also included in the banks own claim of the developer I wonder (in other words is any of this money listed twice!).   Once by the bank as the account of the developer and again by the deposit of the individual?  

For the money to be recognised by the insolvency, I am assuming there is sufficient proof given to that procedure for the money to be paid in a recognised and accountable way?   Surely Ciarons lawyer can look into this to find that proof, and to be honest I would expect Ciaron to have the receipts for this being paid too.  

Again I expect this to have been discussed and proven at pre-trial stages and not left until the final trial, with things taking so long it is immensely important to ensure all documents and angles are covered at that stage, it can cost years and years afterwards.   I think the lawyer has some direct culpability in these matters if the paperwork is missing (without discussion with the client as a chance case). 

Best wishes, Brian

Like 1      
08 Jun 2017 11:09 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Insolvency proceedings and proof of money paid into a developer´s account: There is still not express doctrine of the Supreme Court on this. It might come in the future. Till then, general principles of Civil Law and Bankruptcy Law,  together with minor Case Law of Appeal Courts such as Alicante, Burgos and Murcia are by now useful to defend that registration of buyer in the creditor´s meeting of the developer is a powerful way to prove payment. This mean of evidence can, of course, and should be complemented with any other mean.

Questionnaire of the party in a civil procedure has same level of value as any other mean of evidence. Appeal procedures are useful to challenge the consideration that a First Instance judge has given to the different proofs being brought to the proceeding.

In regards to the strength of Bankruptcy Law for the protection of Offf plan buyers/ payers,  the fact that a special Law strongly protects buyers in the high level that law 57/68 does, makes consideration of them by Insolvency Law unnecessary.

Lawyers and liabilities at proving: of course it is lawyer´s liability to use all due diligence to prove all the  relevant facts affecting the full defense of the client.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Ads Covering Page - 5 posts
Irish Passport - 11 posts
Cheapest site fees in Murcia - 2 posts
Renting for the first time locally to la cala and surrounding - 0 posts
Moving to calahonda - Schooling - 11 posts
filmon now charging - 8 posts
Social Security Papers - 1 posts
Wanted - Treadmill - 0 posts
NIE Number - 18 posts
property ownership - 4 posts
Spanish Bank Account For Non Residents - 10 posts
autonomo benefits - 9 posts
Health care - 2 posts
Lizzy - 4 posts
Writing a new Will - 29 posts
road tax in murcia - 1 posts
Green Bowling in Costa Blanca for all New & Old Expats. - 0 posts
Dog Food Mar Menor Region - 4 posts
Moving to Spain with 2 dogs - 1 posts
Are there blog writers - 2 posts
second hand patio set - 1 posts
Wanted relief animal shelter managers - 3 posts
Replacement cooker hob knobs - 4 posts
Cheap Electricity - 0 posts
charges - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x