Electric vehicle charging in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2017 5:31 PM by jgribbon Star rating in Glasgow, Scotland. 16 posts Send private message

In the UK most electric vehicle chargepoints are operated by CYC and you just need to register in advance and then use a RFID card or smartphone app to use any machine.  France has a similar system called KiWHi.  Is there a Spanish equivalent?  I can see from maps that there are plently of change points around the country, but can't find any information on how to access and use them. 

Like 0      
12 Apr 2017 5:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

You can pick up an IBIL (the Repsol part for electric chargin) RFID card at any charging station. You then need to go online to activate it and add credit at ibil.es and there is an English option.

I'm sure there would be others but that's the one my neighbour uses. 

Like 0      
18 Apr 2017 4:42 PM by Humbhony314 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This is very helpful, but somehow I missed the English language part of the Ibil site. There were the usual four Spanish options, but nothing else, e.g. English, Portuguese, French etc. Can you guide me please? KiWHi in France offers a workaround for this.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2017 6:36 PM by jgribbon Star rating in Glasgow, Scotland. 16 posts Send private message

That's great.  Thank you.  Re English translation.... That's what Google translate is for! :)

Like 0      
18 Apr 2017 7:39 PM by Humbhony314 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

OK, sorry, yes of course. Engage brain first!

Like 0      
18 Apr 2017 9:01 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Sorry, the English version is for customers of Ibil only. Once you have a login and password you can select Ibil Zone and then change to English.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Auto Electrician - 6 posts
Bank Guarantees and IVA - 5 posts
Football supporter reports - 3 posts
A battle of Wills - A cautionary tale. - 25 posts
Apartment rental - Inspection notification - 5 posts
Mobile Phone Question - 2 posts
Car insurance - 11 posts
relief Animal shelter managers - 0 posts
Sun Blind Electric with Remote Control Cream - 2 posts
decorating - 8 posts
Property deeds and ex partners - 11 posts
How can I submit a 210 quarterly rental income form myself - 30 posts
Which type of Air Conditioning is best - 1 posts
police stations - 2 posts
Transport help - 6 posts
christmas weather - 4 posts
Where are the touristic areas of Lanzarote? - 1 posts
MEET AND GREET SERVICE - 0 posts
Spanish and Uk overseas housing market - 2 posts
EBAY selling from Spain - 6 posts
Health insurance for a period 3/6Months - 4 posts
Constitutional matters in the UK - and their effects on expats. - 58 posts
PVC TRELLIS PANELS - 2 posts
sheds or other buildings - 1 posts
How long does planning permission last - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x