short changed from ATM machine

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Nov 2016 7:55 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

20 Euros. 40 Euros has been deducted from my bank account. The bank says they have checked the machdine and there is not a problem.

Has this happened to anyone else? I am 20 Euros out of pocket with no way of proving I did not receive this money.

Ann Clark. 

Like 0      
12 Nov 2016 9:06 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ann     If the ATM was at a branch of your bank, demand the Hojas de Reclamación (complaints form)  Unless they make the refund there and then, insist on completing the form no matter what the bank promises.  You do not have to lodge the form with the Consumers Office of your town hall after 10 working days if the bank make good on its promises.

If the ATM was not your bank’s then you might find the charge is correct.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 12/11/2016.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 2:53 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx

Thanks for the advice. The ATM machine was at my own branch. They are now going to get an engineer

to check the machine and have asked me to wait until this has been done before putting in an official complaint.

I do understand the bank cannot just refund money to all and sundry. They say their computer did not show a malfunction. If they do not find the 20 Euros, I will make sure this event is on record. I really did not have this

20 Euro note!!

Ann Clark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 3:55 PM by perrypower1 Star rating in Derbyshire/Fuerteven.... 647 posts Send private message

perrypower1´s avatar

Ann,

did you ask the machine for 40 and only get twenty or did you only key in a withdrawal of 20 but they have debited 40?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 4:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ann, I did say complete the complaint form.  

If you insist they will probably make good immediately.

I speak from experience  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 5:03 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Johnzx

Have you also been short changed from an ATM machine then?

Hi Perrypower1

I keyed in 40 and only got 20

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 5:07 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

As John says fill in the complaint form. The bank will be hoping that when they tell you there is nothing wrong with the machine, you will just not bother taking it any further. Filling in the form shows them that you mean business.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 6:19 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ann  Have you also been short changed from an ATM machine then?

No,, but as I said, in 30 years in Spain, I have experience of using the complaints forms.   For them to work,  no matter what promises are made one MUST complete the form.  Just talking about them or waiting for promises to be fulfilled, usually proves useless.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2016 6:28 PM by annclark Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Thank you Johnzx, I will take your advice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts
Taking the plunge - Moving to Spain - 13 posts
New members - 13 posts
Spanish official electronic certificate - 1 posts
The dangers of the new smart meters - 8 posts
AGM VOTING PROBLEM - 9 posts
Looking for a long term rental in valencia area - 1 posts
CONSTRUCTION FINANCE IN SPAIN – WHAT DOES THE TERM LOAN TO VALUE MEAN - 2 posts
Spanish radio - 0 posts
gypsy flower sellers - 3 posts
weekly newsletter - 1 posts
bankia - 0 posts
Self move using a hire van - 4 posts
no win no fee lawyers - 3 posts
Landlord responsibilities - 15 posts
Lawyers liability due to lack of guarantee - 7 posts
Velez Malaga Torrox and Nerja helpful info... - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x