Insects in bathroom

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Oct 2016 1:54 PM by lynndm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Can anyone please advise if you have found tiny insects in your bathroom after your property has been closed for a few months and how you dealt with them. We get very small butterfly-shaped flies but don't know where they come from other than, of course, the drains. We also had a few cockroaches found in the toilet is time - all dead - and a dead one was found on the bathroom floor but this may have been because I had put some cockroach gel in each of the corners. We have never, in 10 years, found cockroaches before now.  Any advice is welcome!

Like 0      
17 Oct 2016 7:26 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

My neighbour has just had this problem in the kitchen, it was caused by opened bags of semolina, flour and other opened bags, we emptied everything out of the cupboards and disinfected them and that cured them.

we googled the problem and this is how we found the answer, why don't you try and do the same.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
17 Oct 2016 8:15 PM by lynndm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query. However, you refer to food items but I am having problems in my bathroom. Also, I don't store open food bags in my kitchen as they are kept sealed and in airtight boxes when we go away. My issue is not related to yours in any way but thank you again.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2016 9:00 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I just thought maybe if you had anything at all left in bathroom, hope you get it sorted soon , put a picture of it on another site and see if anyone can put a name to it and how to get rid, good luck.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
18 Oct 2016 2:57 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If the cockroaches that you are talking about are dead ones then you have nothing to worried about ,it's when you find live ones in your property that you have a problems, go into any Chinese bazaar and buy some cockroach spray and spray it across all the door thresholds /behind cupboards/fridge/cooker/washing machine, as for the small fly's a good fly killer is in order  the midgie type flys are attracted to warm damp atmosphere's, this is how it is in Spain.it works for me .

This message was last edited by windtalker on 18/10/2016.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2016 4:08 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Lynn from your description I think this web page will assist you re the flies.

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/drainflies.htm

Cockroaches,  which often live in the toilet soil pipe system can enter a property though the water in the toilet. 

When I have had a real problem I have called in a local pest control service which will spray the toilets, sinks, drains etc.     I have found they will then give you a guarantee for 12 months.  

Only once did I need to recall them to a property, an apartment which had been unoccupied for several months.

Good luck,   John

This message was last edited by johnzx on 18/10/2016.

Like 0      
18 Oct 2016 4:40 PM by lynndm Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you John and windtalker for your replies and suggestions which I will take into account. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tv repairs - 4 posts
Can I sue a Spanish lawyer in England if they have been neglectful? - 0 posts
Plus valia tax - 1 posts
can't use the UK work van please advise... - 8 posts
Genuine Business Opportunity - 0 posts
How do you contact the Moderators ? - 6 posts
Proxy Votes - 4 posts
Fuengirola Marina Mini Market - 0 posts
Touring Caravan for Sale - Nerja Area - 1 posts
La Llacuna / Villalonga / Valencia - 2 posts
Roof terrace design - Malaga -> Marbella - 1 posts
Travelling to UK with NON EU Wife - 5 posts
Eurona Telecom - 3 posts
Looking to join a concert band - 0 posts
Selling a UK car - 2 posts
Changing Nie Number Details - 3 posts
Changing from Movistar to Hits Mobile - 2 posts
Sub letting in Gran Canaria - 0 posts
Sunny Spain - 2 posts
Banos Y Mendigo - 8 posts
Hi all :) - 1 posts
CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Americans Face Difficult Retirement Visa (Residencia de Jubilado) in Spain - 4 posts
ikea ( liatorp ) furniture for sale - 0 posts
Eye Watering Agua Factura AMJASA Javea - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x