terrestrial tv

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jul 2016 4:55 PM by Hz Star rating in lincolnshire. 32 posts Send private message

I have a tv brought from uk LG smart tv  it still has settings from when I had sky tv, I have a iptv box and have no problems watching uk tv but want to watch spanish tv, have skynetlink internet, dont know if that matters, my friends just switch off their iptv box choose source on tv remote which i do not have have input instead. choose tv and away they go but cannot see tv choice on my settings either, 

not sure if I have an aerial or one indoors not sure what to look for, house was brand new noone had lived there so ot sure if owner ever  bought aerial, for roof

presuming he did what do i do as cant find these channels 

and what does indoor aerial look like have sockets I think for a tv but not sure how and what to connect 

help am frustrated 

want to watch spanish tv 

oh and they also get bbc1 and bbc 2 with skynetlink but not sure if I do as cant seem to get terrestrial tv, 

also have tv/rad on my remote always thought that was to change to analogue tv 

thanks in advance 

Like 0      
04 Jul 2016 5:19 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Skynetlink is not terrestrail TV, it is broadband or wi-fi. The terrestrial channels for Spanish TV (TDT) can only be received with a TV aerial. Either communal or private. You should have an aerial socket on your wall (we have two, one marked TV and one marked radio). You need to connect that socket to your TV. Look in your instruction book and see how to receive TV but without an aerial you won't get anything.

All modern TVs have a digital receiver built in and you simply set up your TV as shown in the TV guide (normally Menu, digital setup and carry on from there). If you have an older type TV with no digital tuner then you need a box similar to a freeview one from UK (TDT receiver in Spain).

It's the aerial that's important, though. If you are quite high up you may get some channels with an indoor aerial but most places need a roof aerial.

Like 0      
05 Jul 2016 8:27 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Before we moved to our present flat we used an active antenna to receive Spanish TV without an external antenna.

It came from a Carrefour hypermarket.

As well as being an antenna it has an RF amplifier in it and has a power supply which needs pluging in to a wall socket.. I was sceptical when I was originally told about them, as we could receive nothing with an ordinary set top Ae.

You may have to move it around the room for the best signal (away from the metal in the reinforced pillars of modern buildings) but we received all the Spanish channels from two different transmitters.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Regulations for Rental Properties - installation of air conditioning - 50 posts
The legal position of the Brexit Vote - 12 posts
Help! Spanish-German lawsuit on alimony - 9 posts
car parking at malaga airport - 2 posts
Murcia Property Services - 2 posts
Income tax. - 25 posts
Rental Query - 0 posts
Condado internal door for sale - 0 posts
Completion in Spain - 6 posts
Miles & Kilometres Volvo V40 - 8 posts
Planning permission for a small pool - 4 posts
Pets in rented property - 0 posts
Slow internet - 1 posts
transport for small dog needed - 9 posts
Brexit - Petition 2nd referendum - 33 posts
Property Values - 3 posts
Changing Euros For Pounds in Valencia - 4 posts
Townhouse near Malaga - 4 posts
Good mobile service provider for San Javier area - 0 posts
Paying Endesa bill - 3 posts
La tercia golf, worth buying? - 22 posts
Spanish Bank - Judgement of the Supreme Court - December 2015 - minimum exchange rate clause - 19 posts
Travel with cockatiels - 0 posts
Urgent Help Needed to find 'legal' builders to carry out property renovation!! - 1 posts
Boundary marking - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x