hob and oven connection

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2016 10:31 AM by nojazz Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Hello

We have just had our hob and oven delivered and I need some help with connecting the plug. It is the non reversable type with three square pins in a straight line. Can anybody tell me which wire goes where, there is no indication on the plug.

Many thanks

Like 0      
10 Jun 2016 2:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am speaking from general and not specific knowledge.

I am surprised the appliance was not supplied with a plug fitted.  I assume you must have the three pin socket which you describe already fitted, which has at least a 20 amp (probably belter a 30 amp) supply.

If you removed the cover of the socket (turn of power at fuse box first) then you will be able to see the wiring and thus know which is the power, negative and earth.   Thus you can connect the plug accordingly.

If in doubt get an electrician to do it.

PS From experience  in Spain :  Never accept that the original wiring is as it ought to be.   I once found that an earth wire (green and yellow) had been used for the power supply to a socket  and the earth was on the power wire.  I also had an occasion where I turned off all the power to an apartment at the fuse box but the socket I was working on was still live. I never discovered where that socket was obtaining it’s supply from:  Possible from next door !

Like 0      
10 Jun 2016 2:57 PM by nojazz Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply, the socket is quite difficult to get at, tried that! so I think as you said, it"s a job for an electrician.

Many thanks

Like 0      
10 Jun 2016 4:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Of course if you have a volt meter you can check with that to ascertain which is power, negative and earth.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2016 8:27 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Try Google with the make and model .

Like 0      
12 Jun 2016 5:49 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

I expect you are connected by now but would first re-iterate what you have been told - get a qualified professional to do it.

But are there no instructions with the equipment? There should be.

I have connected an oven in Spain (and am qualified to do so) but your description confuses me, before you remove any plugs, ensure that the three pin plug is not just to connect the hob to the oven. I suspect it may be. If so you will find the mains terminals under a cover somewhere on the back of the oven.

I would strongly advise you to get someone to check earth continuity even if you do decide to do it yourself. A few Euros are not worth a life.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2016 1:01 PM by nojazz Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the replys, I think an electrican is needed!

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

almoradi - 0 posts
Moving to Murcia - 29 posts
I am searching for a gestoria in the province Castellón - 0 posts
Garden furniture - 0 posts
New to Forum - 0 posts
Spanish income Tax Declarations for 2015 - 14 posts
problems deregistering - 5 posts
Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 8 posts
Will Other Spanish Regions follow Barcelona - 15 posts
Rentals Question - 4 posts
Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Insure a Quad Trecking business - 7 posts
Spanish Residencia for Americanos - 4 posts
IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x